Everton v Bolton

Chelsea v Hull

Sunderland v Stoke

Man City v Middlesbrough

Wigan v Fulham

mackems.gif

What a pile of fucking wank.

To be expected tbh.

That'll change, there's no way this Liverpool game will be first.

MOTD Running Order:

Portsmouth v Liverpool

West Brom v Newcastle

Blackburn v Aston Villa

Everton v Bolton

Chelsea v Hull

Sunderland v Stoke

Man City v Middlesbrough

Wigan v Fulham

mackems.gif

What a pile of f***ing w***.

To be expected tbh.

In all fairness, we are only GOTD on SS1 as Manure didnt play today and Liverpool are being broadcast by thier rivals Setanta.

Even if it had been a 9 goal thriller, and Manure had played...that would still be the GOTD.

MOTD is no different.  Lawro Creams over Lpool as soon as they are mentioned.  Even if the game itself is shite.

Harper 6 - Good sweeper-keeper-ing. Doesn't look entirely match-sharp yet though.

Enrique 5 - Would be a great player if he could just stay focused and stop playing playing the ball into dead ends. He's got the talent and the physique, just needs some good coaching. Unfortunately he didn't really do much for us today.

Bassong 6 - One of his weaker games for us. Fortune is one of those uncommon strikers who has a clear edge on Bassong physically and he left us exposed a few times. Still solid though.

Colo 6 - Still has problems playing in a high line but was very solid when we were under pressure late into the second half.

Saylor 6 - Unlucky for the trip that lead to the first goal (studs got stuck in the turf.) Still, how a player with basically no defensive intelligence started out his career as a CB is beyond me. Good run for the goal.

Duff - 8 Best game in a Toon shirt. Flashes of the Damien Duff that was supposed to be a "bargain" at 5m.

Butt - 5 It's a huge indictment of Butt as a player when I can look at his performance today and think "well, it wasn't THAT bad."

Nolan - 6 Pretty average. Gets into a lot of good positions but doesn't do a whole lot of useful thing with the ball. Credit for the assist though.

Raylor - 7 Unremarkable from open play but what a breath of fresh air it is to have someone who can take set pieces. Didn't know he could do long throws too. Probably best deployed at RB. Wigan definitely got the short end of the stick on this deal.

Ameobi - 6 Decent. His primary job was to rough up the Wigan defenders and creating space for Lovin' and he did that well enough. Was pretty shocking after he got crocked though. Awesome highlight reel run :lol:

Lovenkrands - 8 MOM. He hasn't got Oba's shot or his unpredictability, but here's a guy who uses his speed in a way that I always wished Oba would. Great at running down channels and exploiting empty spaces. Absolute nightmare for the WBA defense today. Will be great backup for us. Perhaps there's even a Lovin' - Oba partnership to look forward to in the future.

Ameobi was anything but decent. Absolutely shocking performance.

Duff did his "couldn't give a shit" routine when we were under the kosh. Any time there was a 50-50 he would walk and let the West Brom players have it.

Amazing how good Enrique looks with Jonas playing in front of him & how shit he looks with Duff in front of him.

Weird that isn't it?

MOTD Running Order:

Portsmouth v Liverpool

West Brom v Newcastle

Blackburn v Aston Villa

Everton v Bolton

Chelsea v Hull

Sunderland v Stoke

Man City v Middlesbrough

Wigan v Fulham

mackems.gif

What a pile of fucking wank.

To be expected tbh.

That'll change, there's no way this Liverpool game will be first.

BBC knew something we didn't maybe.

Draw written all over our game.

:nope:

Fair enough; Ameobi to bundle in from being 10 yards offside?  :shifty:

I wish I could laugh about that incident  :no:

I sit next to an Everton fan at work, love winding him up about that. :lol:

Draw written all over our game.

:nope:

Fair enough; Ameobi to bundle in from being 10 yards offside?  :shifty:

I wish I could laugh about that incident  :no:

I sit next to an Everton fan at work, love winding him up about that. :lol:

:lol: I remember that happening in slow motion. Shola was just as stunned as everyone else.

I actually thought Duff looked ok until they scored their second. He gave up at that point.

Always does, he generally plays better when we're winning but as soon as he required to put a shift in and help the team out he turns to shite.

I actually thought Duff looked ok until they scored their second. He gave up at that point.

Always does, he generally plays better when we're winning but as soon as he required to put a shift in and help the team out he turns to shite.

Still more use than N'Zogbia was. Meh.

Great game that, was proper shitting it last 15 mins, somehow just knew we'd hold on though. New boys played well, specially Lovenkrands who I though looked very sharp, R.taylor was solid enough and made some decent passes and his set pieces are world class compared to what we're used to. Was at the game and didn't even notice Kinnear wasn't there, only just found out about all that on SSN. :lol:

We actually didn't play that well and they were fucking terrible in all honesty but it points over performances at this stage. Good stuff.

Harper - 6 - Nothing much to do, caught a few crosses and made a few routine saves, thought he could have done better for their first.

Enrique - 5 - Dodgy, shit passing again, and lost quite a few physical challenges, never looked convincing.

Coloccini - 6 - Fairly solid, was dominated in the air by their striker.

Bassong - 7 - Lead well and berated Duff and Enrique a few times which was good to see as they deserved it. Handled everything else pretty well.

Taylor - 7 - Thought he had a good game besides that slip which I actually thought was a foul at the time as it looked like the bloke studded him.

Duff - 7 - Pretty lively, nice goal and linked up with Lovenkrands particularly well, still lacks conviction in the final third the majority of the time though.

Butt - 6 - Gave the ball away for their first goal, misplaced a few passes but other than that mopped up quite well.

Nolan - 7 - Battled well, made a few good challenges and always kept the ball, get forward quite a bit 1st half too which was encouraging.

R. Taylor - 7 - Good set pieces and helped Taylor out a lot, they also linked up pretty well too, good movement and got a good eye for a pass.

Lovenkrands - 8 - MoM for me, linked up really well and his first touch is quality, strikes me as a very intelligent player, which we could use atm! Unlucky not to have got another.

Ameobi - 6 - Meh, ranged from the good to the absolute shite as usual, won a few headers and held it up well sometimes, other times miscontrolling it. One or two classic solo runs as well. :lol: