Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

I'm predicting that JohnnyPD will be the first to announce any goals in this game. I suspect that during games he has "GOALLLL!!!1" typed out and when Mick Lowes shouts, he hits POST.

:lol: i'm predicting that i won't be online during this one  O0

Going to be a really tough game, can catapult our season if we get the three points though.

I see this as very similar to the Villa and City games earlier on in the season. They are two good sides which we picked up points from because we really showed alot of commitment. Everton have players missing and we have key ones back, so we are in decent shape.

Guest Heneage

Any word on Viduka? Could be a good impact sub if Martins and Lovenkrands can wear Jaigleka and Lescott out. Maybe even put Big Andy Carroll on.

Would Yobo not come in? Or is he injured?

Yobo is fit but won't fill in for Hibbert. Very good centre half but he's one of the worst I've seen when played at right back.

If we have enough midfielders available (which is a big "if") then Neville will go to right back.

Would Yobo not come in? Or is he injured?

Yobo is fit but won't fill in for Hibbert. Very good centre half but he's one of the worst I've seen when played at right back.

If we have enough midfielders available (which is a big "if") then Neville will go to right back.

Who is "maybe" for Everton?

I don't see any substance to the "we have players missing" argument, we've had players missing all season really, more in fact in the last few weeks but it hasn't affected us one bit.

Still can't see anything but a draw though.

I don't see any substance to the "we have players missing" argument, we've had players missing all season really, more in fact in the last few weeks but it hasn't affected us one bit.

Cahill being out for you is a massive plus for us tbh.

Do you know why he was wearing a black armband today btw?

For those who lost their lives in the Aussie fires.

And absolutely, it's a big blow but it won't affect us that much imo. That said, our record with and without Cahill makes for very interesting reading.

And nope, I don't have the stats in hand, which is useful.

For those who lost their lives in the Aussie fires.

And absolutely, it's a big blow but it won't affect us that much imo. That said, our record with and without Cahill makes for very interesting reading.

And nope, I don't have the stats in hand, which is useful.

In the league. WDL

With Cahll: 10-5-4

Without Cahill: 1-2-3

Ok, these numbers are very dubious. I eye-balled the numbers on football lineups.

is anyone else desperately looking forward to this game?

For me the pressure is off.  Everton are a strong side and it's likely that they can nick a win or hold us to a draw - A loss wouldn't be a disaster if it happened, a draw and I'd be pleased  :aww:.  But given how we managed to get points of Villa at home, there is a glimmer of hope that we can win this... a win would be massive, so I just can't wait for us to get on with the game and see how the lads do.

Judging by all the glowing interviews coming out from our camp recently, it seems like Kinnear's ordeal has actually had a positive effect on morale and brought everyone together as a team.

If one of Nolan/Guthrie are available and Oba is fit, I think we're in with a chance.

sincerely hope Guthrie's back for this one

Aye, should warm that bench nicely whilst Nicky struts his stuff.

If Kinnear was in charge i'd put my life on it. But fortunately he isn't

Nicky was captain against West Brom though wasn't he?

I'm fairly confident that Kinnear had already picked that team and told Hughton to play it for him. Remember at that point, Kinnear thought he was going to be back doing training within a week.

I'm fairly confident that Kinnear had already picked that team and told Hughton to play it for him. Remember at that point, Kinnear thought he was going to be back doing training within a week.

I still think Kinnear will be picking the side from his sick bed. Hughton won't want to do much different from Kinnear for a number of reasons.