Newcastle vs Man Utd - Wednesday 4th March

Decky

Guest Action Verb

I predict lots of booing from the fans at the end of the match to shred any last confidence the team has left after 90 minutes tomorrow.

Always the fans fault. If it weren't for that banner, we'd be pushing Everton for that European spot.

We pretty almost always royally f*** up when we attempt to be defensive. I say we have a go because I seriously doubt we will get anything from the game if we huddle in our own half and hope for the best.

Aboslutely agree.

Sit back and try to contain and we will get bum raped or go at them get beat and at least we have tried and failed ,play Geremi and we are fucked and dare i say this play Smith at least he has something to prove and looks like he cares from his reaction against Bolton .

Knock the ball down the wings, make Martins chase and hope he does something magical. He's due.

I remember the 2-2 game we had with Man U and the stunner from Milner, that was a happy happy day. Needless to say, it almost certainly won't happen this time.

In another lovely statistic, Rooney has scored 9 goals in his 10 appearances against us in a Man U shirt.

But cheer up lads, Ronaldo only has 6 in 10.

In other happy news, Obafemi Martins is the only player currently on our books to have ever scored against Manchester United for us. He has a grand total of 1.

Guest quklaani

I still have no idea why he gets credited with that, hit about three other players on its way in.

Guest Howaythetoon

Useless fact - we asked about Fergie after KK went back in 97 and his board never told him about our interest which later pissed him off when he found out. Has a soft spot for us, secretly wishes his own fans were as passionate as we are and once allegedly said to Sir Bobby after we beat them that he was a lucky b****** to have us as fans. I like the bloke but for 90 minutes the morra neet he's a c*** of the highest order.

What about David Edgar?

Good point, I forgot he was still here. Is he injured?

If he's not getting a look in with the seniors he should at least be getting some reserve matches shouldn't he? (ah, the Xisco conundrum again...)

I predict a complete shock of a win, followed by defeats by Hull and Stoke - would just about sum our season up tbh.

:lol: I think that'd bemore accurate if we just lost all three of them.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/85197622.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B946C5A518E7D4C1005EC65376ACFAC8E30A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/85197586.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B946C5A518E7D4C19DEF69BD6E214AC0E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/85197537.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B946C5A518E7D4C12E07B496F227234DE30A760B0D811297

I'd go with:

Harper

S.Taylor    Colo      Bassong    Enrique

Smith

R.Taylor        Jonas

Martins                          Lovenkrads

Viduka

Guest Brazilianbob

I'd go with:

Harper

S.Taylor     Colo      Bassong     Enrique

Smith

R.Taylor         Jonas

Martins                           Lovenkrads

Viduka

Exactly the side I would pick.

Loven and Martins can drop back and help flood the midfield areas ,so we have 5 in the middle, and Viduka can play up front on his own to hold the ball up, with Love and Martins using their pace to get up in support.

Raylor can sit in front of the back four pinging long range passes up to Viduka to hold up, or for Loven and Martins to chase, because make no mistake we will be spending long periods in our own half tonight and the accurate long pass will be essential to us.

I'd go with:

Harper

S.Taylor     Colo      Bassong     Enrique

Smith

R.Taylor         Jonas

Martins                           Lovenkrads

Viduka

Exactly the side I would pick.

Loven and Martins can drop back and help flood the midfield areas ,so we have 5 in the middle, and Viduka can play up front on his own to hold the ball up, with Love and Martins using their pace to get up in support.

Raylor can sit in front of the back four pinging long range passes up to Viduka to hold up, or for Loven and Martins to chase, because make no mistake we will be spending long periods in our own half tonight and the accurate long pass will be essential to us.

Agreed, that's probably the best hope we've got.

What about David Edgar?

Good point, I forgot he was still here. Is he injured?

If he's not getting a look in with the seniors he should at least be getting some reserve matches shouldn't he? (ah, the Xisco conundrum again...)

He's a shocking Premier League player. His performance against Liverpool at Christmas gives me nightmares. League 1 standard at best. Worse than Huntington ever was.