U23s & Academy

Skirge

7 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

U18's taken apart at Man City today - 13-0

:undecided:

My best mate's nephew is at the academy - James Huntley and he 'played' today.

Just shows the absolute state the previous owner left our club's structure in. 

Guest HTT II
30 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

U18's taken apart at Man City today - 13-0

:undecided:

My best mate's nephew is at the academy - James Huntley and he 'played' today.

That’s OK we beat their under 9s 6-1 recently,  honestly I wouldn’t read much into it. Our under 8s are battering City, LFC, Man Utd and most academies. We do have a great crop mind at that level. None of them will make it though at the highest level.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That’s OK we beat their under 9s 6-1 recently,  honestly I wouldn’t read much into it. Our under 8s are battering City, LFC, Man Utd and most academies. We do have a great crop mind at that level. None of them will make it though at the highest level.

I think when it's lower level you will get big scorelines but at U18 level that is embarrassing 

Years of neglect combined with City investment heavily has mo doubt played a part 

U23s were really poor 1st half. Moved the balla round slowly and generally looked like they couldn't be arsed, as if they had no idea who Blyth Spartans were or what the Senior Cup final was. All goals conceded were inswining crosses/corners with a header. Second was an own goal but credited to Robbie Dale direct from a corner. 

Second half when the u23s played 1-2 touch and zipped the passes around they scored. In comparison in the first half they switched the play from the left back to the right back with 3 passes with every member of the back four touching the ball twice. It was really poor stuff. Blyth were the better side and deserved to win. 

Fairness to Santiago he came on and scored with his first touch, he seemed to show for the ball a lot (even if some of the passes would have to have been drilled into his feet between two defenders). 

Yeah Dylan Stephenson is decent. That was the u23s last game of the season (friendly against Glasgow Rangers aside), so itsssssss crunch time for a lot of them.

Also, your mate's phone number is visible and I've already sent him a picture of Mike Ashley. 

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle United's Academy has confirmed its retained list for the 2022/23 season.

At Under-18 level, second-year scholars Harry Barclay, Kyle Crossley, James Huntley, Jamie Miley, Michael Ndiweni and Joshua Stewart have all been offered professional contracts, while Piotr Banda, Liam Chrystal, Joel Green, Josh Nicholson and Nathan Robertson will leave the Academy this summer.

In Elliott Dickman's Under-23s squad, offers have been made to Matthew Bondswell, Niall Brookwell, Will Brown, Lewis Cass, Joe Oliver and Dylan Stephenson.

Leaving the club will be Tom Allan, Ryan Barrett, Brad Cross, Oisin McEntee, Mo Sangare, Regan Thomson, Jake Turner and Adam Wilson.

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Part time Galway United fan here, been an open secret that he was heading to Newcastle for a while. Is a big move for the kid and for Galway Utd, he's been scouted by a few relatively big clubs including Brighton and Celtic in last few months. He is good getting forward from left back, solid defensively and strong enough in the air but very one footed. Has progressed rapidly in space of a year and has been one of best players in a team that has done well this season with a call up to Ireland U19s recently but is still very raw and second tier of League of Ireland is probably comparable to bottom end of the National League in England. Hopefully it all works out well for all concerned anyway.

• 2 weeks later...