The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

I was hardly making the point as a celebration of Shola's talents.

It's unfair to say Shola is a better option. Do you realise Xisco started/played in three games when we didn't have a manager at all, and the crowd was venomous, and has played a total of about 30 minutes since? Seriosuly, do you realise this? How can you make any conclusion based off of these statistics. Your logic is flawed!

i pick shola over Xisco everytime,  infact i'd even pick Shola with a fucked hip ahead of Xisco.  Xisco is woeful, can't believe people still say give him a chance,  3 managers have came into the club, seen him and ignored him, surely that tells you everything you need to know!!

It's unfair to say Shola is a better option. Do you realise Xisco started/played in three games when we didn't have a manager at all, and the crowd was venomous, and has played a total of about 30 minutes since? Seriosuly, do you realise this? How can you make any conclusion based off of these statistics. Your logic is flawed!

Have you ever been to a Newcastle United match?

i pick shola over Xisco everytime,  infact i'd even pick Shola with a f***ed hip ahead of Xisco.  Xisco is woeful, can't believe people still say give him a chance,  3 managers have came into the club, seen him and ignored him, surely that tells you everything you need to know!!

I count only one, Kinnear. He was injured for the bulk of Shearer's time

i pick shola over Xisco everytime,  infact i'd even pick Shola with a f***ed hip ahead of Xisco.  Xisco is woeful, can't believe people still say give him a chance,  3 managers have came into the club, seen him and ignored him, surely that tells you everything you need to know!!

No he wasn't he was fit and lumbering about in the reserves, even scored a few goals when Shearer was manager.  Hughton had plenty games when he could have picked him as well.

No he wasn't he was fit and lumbering about in the reserves, even scored a few goals when Shearer was manager.   Hughton had plenty games when he could have picked him as well.

Hughton picked him to play 4 times didn't he? 

When did he score goals with Shearer boss? He was injured for the duration of April and some of May, making selection for Shearer pretty unlikely

No he wasn't he was fit and lumbering about in the reserves, even scored a few goals when Shearer was manager.   Hughton had plenty games when he could have picked him as well.

When did he score goals with Shearer boss? He was injured for the duration of April and some of May, making selection for Shearer pretty unlikely

He scored a few for the reserves near the end of the season,  couple of pens and a few tap ins, might have finished with about 5 goals in the end.

He scored a few for the reserves near the end of the season,  couple of pens and a few tap ins, might have finished with about 5 goals in the end.

Whilst Shearer was boss, he scored 2 against Ashington in mid-may after returning from an injury which kept him out for 6 weeks.

Nobody is desputing that Kinnear ignored him, but it's unfair to say that the other managers followed suit

Whilst Shearer was boss, he scored 2 against Ashington in mid-may after returning from an injury which kept him out for 6 weeks.

Nobody is desputing that Kinnear ignored him, but it's unfair to say that the other managers followed suit

He scored 2 against Wigan and think one of the pens was against Man U, when macheda scored his hat-trick 4 days before he came off the bench to get the winner for Man U against Villa.  i've had the fortune to witness every goal Xisco has scored so far for NUFC!!

No not yet. As a university student I don't really have time or money to drop all my things to see a football match. I've never really been able to pop on the train and be back from the match by five, sorry. Don't see how this is relevant to my point either.

He scored 2 against Wigan and think one of the pens was against Man U, when macheda scored his hat-trick 4 days before he came off the bench to get the winner for Man U against Villa.  i've had the fortune to witness every goal Xisco has scored so far for NUFC!!

Shearer WAS NOT boss then, how many times do you need to be told?

Not all that relevant really when you consider binnsy's seen pretty much every Xisco performance for us at all levels and rates Shola with a fucked hip higher than him.

Not all that relevant really when you consider binnsy's seen pretty much every Xisco performance for us at all levels and rates Shola with a f***ed hip higher than him.

that wasn't the argument though matey. He was saying that Xisco had been ignored by 3 managers. My point was that Hughton didn't ignore him and he was injured for the first 6 weeks of Shearer's 8 week stay.

All Xisco has shown me so far is that Shola is a better option.

Which takes some doing. Same as Alan Smith.

Xisco hasn't looked impressive in the few games I've seen but he does look like he's got more of an instinct for where the goal is than Shola or Smith. It's clutching at straws but that's all we've got tbh. Without goals we won't win matches and while Xisco might not score them given a run of games, I'm pretyy much certain Shola or Smith won't.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think McCormack and Beckford would be 2 very good signings

McCormack is a strong talented player who finishes well

Beckford is a pacy raw athletic player

I think we would get them for about 8mil and they would make a huge difference to our strike force and complement out two giants Carroll and Ameobi

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You not mean Hamilton mate?

Aye Hamilton, Carl Finnigan is at Falkirk.

Crazy the amount of ex-toon youth at Championship level.

:facepalm:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5476449,00.html

Portsmouth are ready to listen to offers for striker David Nugent, with Stoke reportedly interested in his signature.

The 24-year-old was sent home from Pompey's Portugal training camp following a fight with team-mate Marc Wilson, where the former Preston man was rumoured to be hit on the legs with a lump of wood.

However, Nugent turned down a loan move to the Britannia Stadium 18 months ago, and another unnamed club have also made an enquiry.

The striker has failed to make an impression at Fratton Park since his £6million move from North End in 2007, and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has revealed the club are open to negotiations.

"We have identified players we want to sell - no-one has to be a brain surgeon to work out who they are," he told The News.

"There are players that if the right offers come in we will sell them. As for David, we had an enquiry about him yesterday (Wednesday) morning."

Meanwhile, Storrie has revealed why Pompey missed out on Nikola Kalinic, with the Croatian striker now set to join Blackburn.

The 25-year-old is set to sign for Rovers subject to a work permit application, despite Pompey making the first move.

He said: "The transfer fee was pretty well agreed, all we were arguing about was payment terms because we were not in a position to put any money down.

"What I was looking to do there was make the first transfer payment in October or January and then it goes on from there.

"We did get there but the danger is if somebody else comes in and puts the money down - which Blackburn did."

Worth a shot for the right price.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5476449,00.html

Portsmouth are ready to listen to offers for striker David Nugent, with Stoke reportedly interested in his signature.

The 24-year-old was sent home from Pompey's Portugal training camp following a fight with team-mate Marc Wilson, where the former Preston man was rumoured to be hit on the legs with a lump of wood.

However, Nugent turned down a loan move to the Britannia Stadium 18 months ago, and another unnamed club have also made an enquiry.

The striker has failed to make an impression at Fratton Park since his £6million move from North End in 2007, and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has revealed the club are open to negotiations.

"We have identified players we want to sell - no-one has to be a brain surgeon to work out who they are," he told The News.

"There are players that if the right offers come in we will sell them. As for David, we had an enquiry about him yesterday (Wednesday) morning."

Meanwhile, Storrie has revealed why Pompey missed out on Nikola Kalinic, with the Croatian striker now set to join Blackburn.

The 25-year-old is set to sign for Rovers subject to a work permit application, despite Pompey making the first move.

He said: "The transfer fee was pretty well agreed, all we were arguing about was payment terms because we were not in a position to put any money down.

"What I was looking to do there was make the first transfer payment in October or January and then it goes on from there.

"We did get there but the danger is if somebody else comes in and puts the money down - which Blackburn did."

Worth a shot for the right price.....

Just what sort of 'wealthy arab owner' have Pompey landed themselves with?