The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

I can't believe with a team that has no manager, no dedicated owner, no money, has yet to sign any players and doesn't look like it will, this thread has still made 20 pages :lol:

I can't believe with a team that has no manager, no dedicated owner, no money, has yet to sign any players and doesn't look like it will, this thread has still made 20 pages :lol:

Well there's plenty of players being transferred out.

nugent and beckford sounds good.....

sol campbell still free atmo, but probably wont step down a league.

If Shearer comes in, wouldn't be a bad shout. He knows him well, could get him to buy in to his vision, and his bride to be is a geordie and they've been checking properties out in Northumberland. Plus if no Premiership clubs come in for him, beggars can't be choosers

nugent and beckford sounds good.....

sol campbell still free atmo, but probably wont step down a league.

If Shearer comes in, wouldn't be a bad shout. He knows him well, could get him to buy in to his vision, and his bride to be is a geordie and they've been checking properties out in Northumberland. Plus if no Premiership clubs come in for him, beggars can't be choosers

Great points made.

I'd be over the moon with Nugent, Beckford, and Sol.  Partner Sol & Taylor in the CB - Think Sol could teach Stevie a ton.

Beckford is prob the 1 player I want us most to sign, just hoping we do - he's that pacy, strong, tall CF you can have playing alone up-top causing havoc if you ask me.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5476449,00.html

Portsmouth are ready to listen to offers for striker David Nugent, with Stoke reportedly interested in his signature.

The 24-year-old was sent home from Pompey's Portugal training camp following a fight with team-mate Marc Wilson, where the former Preston man was rumoured to be hit on the legs with a lump of wood.

However, Nugent turned down a loan move to the Britannia Stadium 18 months ago, and another unnamed club have also made an enquiry.

The striker has failed to make an impression at Fratton Park since his £6million move from North End in 2007, and Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has revealed the club are open to negotiations.

"We have identified players we want to sell - no-one has to be a brain surgeon to work out who they are," he told The News.

"There are players that if the right offers come in we will sell them. As for David, we had an enquiry about him yesterday (Wednesday) morning."

Meanwhile, Storrie has revealed why Pompey missed out on Nikola Kalinic, with the Croatian striker now set to join Blackburn.

The 25-year-old is set to sign for Rovers subject to a work permit application, despite Pompey making the first move.

He said: "The transfer fee was pretty well agreed, all we were arguing about was payment terms because we were not in a position to put any money down.

"What I was looking to do there was make the first transfer payment in October or January and then it goes on from there.

"We did get there but the danger is if somebody else comes in and puts the money down - which Blackburn did."

Worth a shot for the right price.....

Worth a loan offer if nothing else.

He's very experienced at the Championship level and couldn't be any worse than Bambi

It frustrates me so much that our squad right now is absolutely BEGGING for a striker, there are something like a dozen strikers available out there who could pull off 20 goals in the Championship...

...And you just know that the idiots running the club will make sure we don't get one of them before September.

All we need upfront is Jay Simpson on loan from Arsenal. He would score 20 - 25 goals in the championship alongside Andy Carroll, who should get around 12 - 15 goals.

FFS he played a whole season at Millwall a season or two back and scored like 5 goals in 30 + games. Not to mention his 'prolific' stint with WBA

Simpson scored on his debut for West Brom, and that was it. He did nothing for the next 12 games then went running back to Arsenal reserves instead of battling to get back in the team.

Finnish U21 star Jukka Raitala will be travelling to Germany to finalize a deal with Hoffenheim this week! Yet another of our targets(and even a fullback which should be a priority at the moment) we missed because of the general mess in the club...well done Mike :angry:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Leeds have put out a weakened side in the Carling Cup. Beckford not in the squad.

Simpson scored on his debut for West Brom, and that was it. He did nothing for the next 12 games then went running back to Arsenal reserves instead of battling to get back in the team.

Baggies fans I met reckoned he was dreadful.

I think he is a very good player, with a very good attitude who will score goals and provide much more than this at whatever club he goes to and gets a consistent run in the team. He's much more than a goal scorer also, he is very creative, he got the young player of the year with his season at Millwall, and that was when he only scored a handful of goals he's a very good player and i wish he could get the opportunity at Arsenal!

Thanks for sharing Ash  :thup:

Always liked the look of him myself and was eager to hear what you thought about him. Think he would be a great option if we are forced to rely on younger and cheaper loan players coming in.

We've actually been linked with a player :lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2582887/Carlo-Ancelotti-fails-in-22m-bid-for-Daniele-De-Rossi.html

"Ancelotti is lining up a £2.5m bid for Norway midfielder Erik Huseklepp, 24.

The Brann star has five goals in his last six games and is set to figure in tonight's World Cup qualifier against Scotland.

Aston Villa and Newcastle are also keen on him."

Who the fuck is here to be interested? Smashing journalism from the sun as always. :lol: :lol: :lol: