Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

Guest TC_16

I'm I in the f***ing Twilight Zone or something here. Genuinely have no idea what's going on.

I like you. It's not hard to understand.

He's an arsehole, always has been.

f*** him.

Must you be such pricks?

Aye, judgemental narrowminded pricks normally act like judgemental narrowminded pricks, so yeah - they must.

Hold on, he's narrow minded, but he's not allowed to have a contrary opinion?

He's judgemental for calling him an arsehole, but it's ok for him to be called a prick?

Double-standards somewhat. No one can be a cock these days, it's always a syndrome or an addiction or they didn't get enough cuddles from mommy or some bollocks. If he was a nobody who'd lived two doors down that was claiming dole and beating his wife; I wonder how sympathetic people would be.

He's an arsehole, always has been.

f*** him.

Must you be such pricks?

Aye, judgemental narrowminded pricks normally act like judgemental narrowminded pricks, so yeah - they must.

Hold on, he's narrow minded, but he's not allowed to have a contrary opinion?

He's judgemental for calling him an arsehole, but it's ok for him to be called a prick?

Double-standards somewhat. No one can be a cock these days, it's always a syndrome or an addiction or they didn't get enough cuddles from mommy or some bollocks. If he was a nobody who'd lived two doors down that was claiming dole and beating his wife; I wonder how sympathetic people would be.

I'm saying I'm not sure how people can be so full of anger towards a bloke who's always seemed a nice (but pretty stupid) bloke and is quite clearly ill, which is what we're talking about.  The guy played football for 15-20 years and has fallen apart since, it's sad to see and people calling him an "arsehole" etc leave me bemused.

And the contrary opinions are "fuck him" and "always been an arsehole", you do realise that?  It's not really an opinion, it's just demonstration of an unwillingness to try to understand alcoholism and mental illness.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gazza is an arsehole and a complete and utter fuckwit, but he's a human being with an illness and deserves empathy at least if not sympathy. His story is a tragic one. For someone who touched so many with his brilliance, not many are willing to touch him even with a kind word. How he has been allowed to become the frail, dying, alcoholic that he is, is beyond belief. He is beyond helping himself and has been for some years. He needs help and helped. He should be sectioned and placed into a hospital for some time, away from the media, fans of his, hangers on and the whole football and Gazza baggage. Somewhere where he can discover himself not as Gazza, the former footballer wife beating alcoholic, but Paul Gascoigne, a real life person. Someone who surely has something to live for. If not this thread title will contain the words "RIP" one day soon. The poor bastard  :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Gazza is an arsehole and a complete and utter fuckwit, but he's a human being with an illness and deserves empathy at least if not sympathy. His story is a tragic one. For someone who touched so many with his brilliance, not many are willing to touch him even with a kind word. How he has been allowed to become the frail, dying, alcoholic that he is, is beyond belief. He is beyond helping himself and has been for some years. He needs help and helped. He should be sectioned and placed into a hospital for some time, away from the media, fans of his, hangers on and the whole football and Gazza baggage. Somewhere where he can discover himself not as Gazza, the former footballer wife beating alcoholic, but Paul Gascoigne, a real life person. Someone who surely has something to live for. If not this thread title will contain the words "RIP" one day soon. The poor bastard  :(

:dowiespin:

It's for the money like, it has to be :(

He couldn't manage small talk-ins with fans, how is he supposed to cope out in the jungle with cameras rolling on national tv ffs?

• 3 months later...

Locked up following a drunken assault on Sheryl :(

Absolute fool. Had a chat with him once when I worked in Bournemouth and he was friendly but not very coherent. Not sure how much longer he is going to be alive.

Locked up following a drunken assault on Sheryl :(

2nd time in the public domain if true  just lock the bastard up for his own good or better still just let him drink himself to death on a park bench