Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

God forbid we get relegated, but if Shearer is still managing the club then it's a teeny weeny bit more bearable and would at least make next season interesting, as the club would have someone to really get behind.

I feel very positive right now. regardless of what happens. I just pray he pulls it off and keeps us up as it would be monumental. the momentum would be immense going forward.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Didnt see this one coming at all... Hope its not a wind up... Any chance of him becoming player/manager? :D

The end for Butt, Duff and Shola I hope. Taylor gets a reprieve until the summer on account of his decent performances at RB

A manager bigger than Ashley is just what we need to get rid of these overrated pieces of s***

Why would one assume that Shearer would get rid of our aging British players?

Hmmmm ... yeah, just as likely Shearer keeps the experienced Brits around tbh.

However, the difference is that he will not put up with crap performances from them and will definitely let them know if they are not doing the job

Or he could play the experienced foreign s**** in Geremi, Cacraper, Viduka (chance would be a fine thing) or the biggest transfer flop of the season AKA Colo.

He could. Doesn't have a choice really. We are the UN of vastly experienced players who play like s***. I'd just think Shearer would want to bring/keep British players to Newcastle. (Just a shame most of ours are old and s***)

He's a legend for doing this tbh.

Could easily be sacrificing his reputation with this lot as the manager to take us down.

Yet he still steps in just to save the club he loves in the hope he has what it takes.

No one can doubt him now after all the bs about him previously

EIEIEIO UP THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE GO

WHEN WE GET TO EUROPE

THIS IS WHAT WE'LL SING

WE ARE GEORDIES, SUPER GEORDIES

SHEARER IS OUR KING.  :celb: :celb: :celb:

Was thinking this the other day, Ketsbaia doesn't really fit.

Shearer?  Perfect.  :colo:

Guest firetotheworks

if we win on saturday, then I believe we will defo stay up

If we win on Saturday I'll believe I can fly, I'll believe I can touch the sky.

The end for Butt, Duff and Shola I hope. Taylor gets a reprieve until the summer on account of his decent performances at RB

A manager bigger than Ashley is just what we need to get rid of these overrated pieces of s***

However, the difference is that he will not put up with crap performances from them and will definitely let them know if they are not doing the job

Or he could play the experienced foreign s**** in Geremi, Cacraper, Viduka (chance would be a fine thing) or the biggest transfer flop of the season AKA Colo.

He could. Doesn't have a choice really. We are the UN of vastly experienced players who play like s***. I'd just think Shearer would want to bring/keep British players to Newcastle. (Just a shame most of ours are old and s***)

maybe he'll just pick what he considers to be the best bunch of players to do a given task regardless of age or nationality ?

Guest shearer_united

if we win on saturday, then I believe we will defo stay up

don't think we will though (win on saturday that is)

A draw is enough, honestly. (against chelsea)

I wish Alan Shearer the best. Hope it's the right decision. He's got the ambition and it's what we need.

maybe he'll just pick what he considers to be the best bunch of players to do a given task regardless of age or nationality ?

Naaa Shearer wont be interested in picking teams to win games, he will be checking passports for age & nationally. He has 8 games to send out the oldest British team he can.

Does anyone else agree with me that Shearer would be the right man for us if we go down anyway?

I'm not 100% sure but if we do go down and he leaves then his shadow will not be hanging over the job anymore.