Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Got a feeling this might be like one of those games where the oppo come to frustrate and get men behind the ball. We'll struggle to break them down and the crowd will get (even more) anxious. Still got a weird feeling that we'll win 2-0, but head is saying probably a draw.

So nervous about this one, its worse than the derby match. Not going to enjoy this at all. It's enough to drive me to drink.

Guest ovesbar

I feel like shit..and the worst thing is..should we win today, I will have to go through this at least two times more in the coming weeks. God I hope we win today.

Hyped as fuck for this like.

I feel like I've been drinking red bull for days thats how buzzing I am. 

Apologies in advance to anyone who sits in the corner and overhears some mentalist kicking off, swearing and shouting for every throw, every tackle and every kick of the ball. 

:idiot2:

Am staying up all night to watch this.  Game starts at 5am local time (Melbourne/Australia).

My guts are churning and my head feels like it's going to split in two.  I am beyond hoping, more like preying, for a good result, but I am fully prepared for our team to not step up (as they haven't so many times before this season) and to be heading off to work in the morning (straight after the game ends) knowing the only sports team in the world that I regularly (every 2 hrs) follow/support will be relegated and I will not be able to see any of their games next season (hardly any Championship games are shown in Australia).

NUFC Players: For the love of all that you hold dear, even if you hate the supports and only love your Aston Martins, please do what has to be done and win this game!!!.

I am planning on not hearing the score until I get home and watch the match on V+, not sure if its a good idea to do it that way. May have a great night watching Oz Floyd then come home and end up fkn wanting to fkn top myself.

I am a bag of nervs and so gutted I won't be there, such a massive game too, make double the noise for me lads!!

Why does it have to be an evening kick-off, I'm having the longest day eveeeer... Woke up at like 5 in the morning, couldn't get back to sleep and have been shitting it since. Just praying for 3 fucking points. Not too much to ask surely?

I am planning on not hearing the score until I get home and watch the match on V+, not sure if its a good idea to do it that way. May have a great night watching Oz Floyd then come home and end up fkn wanting to fkn top myself.

I am a bag of nervs and so gutted I won't be there, such a massive game too, make double the noise for me lads!!

You may want to wear some headphones or something on the way home, bound to hear a result somewhere if you don't surely.

you're bloody mad going to a gig when we're playing a match this important, i couldnt concentrate on anything else :dowie:

Why does it have to be an evening kick-off, I'm having the longest day eveeeer... Woke up at like 5 in the morning, couldn't get back to sleep and have been shitting it since. Just praying for 3 fucking points. Not too much to ask surely?

off-topic but where'd you find your avatar? randomly?

And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home

:lol:

That's one of the bad things about living in Sweden, especially in a town like this where ice hockey is the King of sports. At least I'll be able to grab me a six-pack of Brown Ale on my way home from work. :lol:

and then nip out for more at half time ?

Nah man, you can't buy alcohol after 7 pm (6 in most places even) in Sweden unless you're at a bar.

Exactly...that's why I'll have to grab the whole case at once :)

So, where in Sweden are you at Towelie?

Stockholm, you?

Karlstad, hence the Ice Hockey craze... :(

My head says 1-1 because it tells me some of these players just aren't that good, but I'm going to let my heart over-rule on this one. Viduka, Owen and Martins to deliver when it counts and history repeats itself 17 yrs on, 2-1 again.

Death to Pompey.  :thdn:

Loads of people have different thoughts when it comes to Michael Owen.. like his ability as a goal scorer, where he would be best played etc. and this has sparked off many lively debates.

We can all agree on one thing though, he's one hell of a boring fucker.

Squeaky bum time approaches. I hope the players stand up and be counted tonight, and I also hope that waves of support will roll down onto the pitch from the stands. My worry is that some of the players aren't that bothered about whether we stay up or not. That much has been evident for much of the season. :(

Got to keep the faith though. Howay the lads!