Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

When he starts actually losing us games, it'll be time.

Thing is with Krul, he should have been on loan for the last 4 seasons.

So he was at fault for 3 of the 2 goals in the 3-0 defeat at Man U in your opinion. By that logic, he was probably the one that contributed the most to our defeat. As if he had saved those it would have been 1-0 and we'd have a very slight chance of a piss taking equaliser.

Not to mention his mistake against Villa with the penalty could well have changed the outcome of that game.

Yes, Krul may make us concede goals that we may otherwise not due to his inexperience. However, he'll also save attempts on goal that Harper would not. It would even out. Only Krul can improve.

The last three games also make it a good opportunity to make the switch. No-one could argue if Hughton said he was making the selection based on current form.

So he was at fault for 3 of the 2 goals in the 3-0 defeat at Man U in your opinion. By that logic, he was probably the one that contributed the most to our defeat. As if he had saved those it would have been 1-0 and we'd have a very slight chance of a piss taking equaliser.

NO.

A few of our players contributed to those goals, it's unfair to single Harper out.

As I said, when he starts losing us games he should be dropped.

NO.

A few of our players contributed to those goals, it's unfair to single Harper out.

As I said, when he starts losing us games he should be dropped.

Harpers dodgy back has affected his agility, but he is not costing us games - as you say, until then I think it would be best to stick with him

Made a mistake that nearly cost us a goal when Ebanks-Blake hit the post with from a header. He misjudged the cross and to be fair it was a pretty easy cross to catch as well. Harper is usually safe and I guess the back four trust him, and that he with his experience communicate very well. The concern is obviously that he´s not a matchwinner for us, and won´t make those "impossible" saves we might get from Krul.

Tough decision, I can understand the calls for Krul but if we was given the chance and made a couple of mistakes he would be called useless and Harper would be called back (while hughton is called an idiot for giving a kid a chance in goal).

Guest localhero87

Krul conceded 2 vs Accrington Stanley. I love the guy but stop talking about him like he's the second coming of christ.

Harper has done okay apart from a few mistakes. At least give him more than 3 games for fuck's sake.

Krul conceded 2 vs Accrington Stanley. I love the guy but stop talking about him like he's the second coming of christ.

Harper has done okay apart from a few mistakes. At least give him more than 3 games for f***'s sake.

You telling me Krul could have saved both thier goals? Christ i know a proffesional goalkeeper coach for Enlgand and who used to work at the training ground and said Harper is so infuriaitngly slow. Whereas Krul's quick distribution and agility are fantastic.

Harper was terrible at set pieces yesterday

No chance before this season started did I think Harper should be dropped, but honestly so far he's been our weak link. I feel no confidence in him, just like our players and its almost like any decent shot on target is a goal for the opposition. I was crossing fingers yesterday when I heard he broke his nose. No long term injury, just giving Krul a chance in the prem was my thoughts.

No chance before this season started did I think Harper should be dropped, but honestly so far he's been our weak link. I feel no confidence in him, just like our players and its almost like any decent shot on target is a goal for the opposition. I was crossing fingers yesterday when I heard he broke his nose. No long term injury, just giving Krul a chance in the prem was my thoughts.

Never would wish an injury to any player, but in that case, I somehow hoped Krul could get a chance.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I was at the Villa game and his kicking was terrible, he seemed very nervous. I think he'll get found out this season and I would love to see Krul get a shot in fact it's a shame Forster went on loan because he may even be better than Krul.

Never would wish an injury to any player, but in that case, I somehow hoped Krul could get a chance.

:laugh:

Glad I'm not the only one. Its a little minor injury, no harm done!  :blush: