Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads on this site - Harper is one of the best keepers in England, let alone the CCC.

The number of clean sheets this season has been due to him as well as an improved defence/toothless forwards at this level. He would be one of the few players in this side capable of retaining his place if the club go up...

All I can say is that the standard of pub football must have improved dramatically in the UK if Harper is classed as a pub goalie.

Tongue firmly in cheek by the originator methinks...

If Hilario was playing against the strikers in this league you'd be saying he is better than Buffon. Truth is we looked vulnerable whenever the ball came close to him today, and throughout the season he has not done anything you would not expect from another PL goalkeeper.

We are either going to have to give Krul a go and see if he is better, or be forced to pay for a new keeper for next season as playing with Harper in the PL is sadly not an option.

Total utter weapons grade horse shit. No other way to describe this post.

:lol:

How come the "shit" strikers in this league only seem to play badly against us, as they seem to score plenty in other games ?

Or do managers keep their good strikers for games when they're not playing against us ?

I was thinking this yesterday, they do look woeful but some of them still manage to get 20+ a season so we must be doing something right.

How come the "shit" strikers in this league only seem to play badly against us, as they seem to score plenty in other games ?

Or do managers keep their good strikers for games when they're not playing against us ?

I was thinking this yesterday, they do look woeful but some of them still manage to get 20+ a season so we must be doing something right.

When you look at how comfortably Colo handled Boro yesterday, you can see we have too much experience and quality in defence for the majority of Championship forwards.

We aren't being helped out by bad finishing any more than any other team, we've got a better defence.

He is shit and a liability. Not a good keeper at all, and before you all start, fuck off with the clean sheet stats, its boring. It is not just the keeper who is responsible for clean sheets, it is defence and midfield too, and for me, it is our defenders who should get the credit, not this over-rated wank stain of a keeper.

Made a mess of a freekick straight at him, then the guy hit him in the face with a rebound.

And that was his day. :lol:

Decent keeper, but no business being anywhere near the England squad tbf.

Piece of piss saving that free kick like  :rolleyes:

It was pretty much straight down the middle at a comfortable height, had some movement on it but if a free-kick like that goes in then you're going to be livid with your keeper.

If the Boro player who the rebound fell to had ever played football before, he'd have scored pretty handily.

He is shit and a liability. Not a good keeper at all, and before you all start, fuck off with the clean sheet stats, its boring. It is not just the keeper who is responsible for clean sheets, it is defence and midfield too, and for me, it is our defenders who should get the credit, not this over-rated wank stain of a keeper.

Bit over the top that like. He's a grand keeper at this level, and a passable one in the Premiership.

What part of his game over the last 3 months is currently making him a liability?

He is s*** and a liability. Not a good keeper at all, and before you all start, f*** off with the clean sheet stats, its boring. It is not just the keeper who is responsible for clean sheets, it is defence and midfield too, and for me, it is our defenders who should get the credit, not this over-rated w*** stain of a keeper.

Bit over the top that like. He's a grand keeper at this level, and a passable one in the Premiership.

It's utter drivel.  The lad has been excellent all season and has bailed us out on numerous occasions.  Ok he's not Dino fookin Zoff but he's the least of our worries if we go up.

Heard him on the wireless a few times mind and he talks like he's about to cry.  Not my favourite trait

You can go back more than 3 months, a lot, lot further infact. He has never commanded his area, he is frightened to leave his line, can't kick to one of our players, even when he has all the time in the world, and is too slow to get the game moving (from goal kicks, free kicks etc) and he is too quiet. Yes, he is a half decent shot stopper, I will give him that, but too many times our defenders are put under pressure by his lack of decision making. It seems he is frightened of getting hurt. Study a top quality keeper, then study Harper, and you will see a world of difference.

You can go back more than 3 months, a lot, lot further infact. He has never commanded his area, he is frightened to leave his line, can't kick to one of our players, even when he has all the time in the world, and is too slow to get the game moving (from goal kicks, free kicks etc) and he is too quiet. Yes, he is a half decent shot stopper, I will give him that, but too many times our defenders are put under pressure by his lack of decision making. It seems he is frightened of getting hurt. Study a top quality keeper, then study Harper, and you will see a world of difference.

So what makes you think he's been a liability this season?

So what makes you think he's been a liability this season?

Don't start me off.....  :dave: