Liverpool - Newcastle United | Sun May 3rd - 1:30pm @ Anfield - Pre Match Thread

Kaizero

Can you imagine if we won this?  :lol:

It would be the greatest surprise of my entire life tbh!

Scrap that, imagine if we won this...and then still went down! :lol:

Keef!!! Hows things in the land of the frog?

Currently in Madrid visiting friends and seeing the sights! Heading back to the ol´home of the onion this weekend, but looks like I might be back in Newcastle in time for the cup final at least.

I suppose we could go the other way :lol:

-------------Harper

-------Beye-----------Bass

Oba---------Barton---------Jonas

Ranger------Owen--------Duff

------Viduka--------Carroll

I like this a lot!

Ya kidding right? I was taking the piss...

no I really think it would work. Especially if Harper makes forward runs to support Owen.

:lol:

Keef!!! Hows things in the land of the frog?

Currently in Madrid visiting friends and seeing the sights! Heading back to the ol´home of the onion this weekend, but looks like I might be back in Newcastle in time for the cup final at least.

Lets just hope there are no slip ups at Anfield. We dont want to have to rely on the intertwobob to keep in Europe next year now do we.

I just get the impression that the players don't really care about this match and have totally written it off. I see no reason why we can't go there, play 1 up top and defend like trojons. I mean we are neer going to win and are expected to get thrashed so why not just defend for 90 minutes like most teams try to do. I know our defence isn't the best, but it's worth a go as we are never going to beat them!

I just get the impression that the players don't really care about this match and have totally written it of. I see no reason why we can't go there, play 1 up top and defend like trojons. I mean we are neer going to win and are expected to get thrashed so why not just defend for 90 minutes like most teams try to do. I know our defence isn't the best, but it's worth a go as we are never going to beat them!

that should be the tactic anyways, never EVER gonna win and a hammering will fuck our goal difference so we need to sit back and try and frustrate them best we can, 4-5-1 oba up top to try and play balls into space as they'll no doubt have a high line if we sit

Guest timmy boy

A 4-3 in our favour would be nice, when they are chasing the title. Seeing Rafa hanging his head over the dugout in disbelieve . Obviously never going to happen but it would be fantastic.

I hope we stick with the 4-3-3 regardless of the fear of conceding; it remains our only hope of surviving and the players need to get used to how it functions and what roles they take up, prior to the winnable home games.

I think we'll battle hard against Liverpool tbh. Recent past shows us that we've stepped up against the bigger sides and, right now, i would take a 2-0 defeat. 3-0 and it's a bit of a hammering and will chisel another lump of confidence away from the players.

Guest Wally_McFool

I would like to see the following team line up at Liverpool if they are all fit enough.

Harper.

Beye. Coloccini. S Taylor. Bassong.

Lovenkrands. Smith. Barton. Gutierrez.

Viduka. Martins.

I would like to see the following team line up at Liverpool if they are all fit enough.

Harper.

Viduka. Martins.

our best central defender once again at LB, honestly, what do you people take?

Guest Wally_McFool

Harper.

Viduka. Martins.

our best central defender once again at LB, honestly, what do you people take?

Alright put Duff at left back instead smart arse, alternatively suggest something better with the players we have at our disposal!

Guest toonlass

Am just waiting for the announcement that Owen is out for this game, with some kind of strain, that means he will miss Liverpool but be back for the Boro game. You know its going to happen.

not sure where to post this but..

I had a weird dream last night that I was talking to Nicky Butt and asked him if he ever looked at or had registered at this forum :lol:

He told me he had registered but only looked at it when his lass was busy at the library or buying clothes...

so strange.