Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

Why don't they give Martins an injection to completely numb the area so he can play at his best for this game?  If that means he won't play again this season then so be it, this is the most important match by far and Martins has been shit when playing through the pain anyway..

Dave shut up man :lol:

Hope to fuck we don't start singing going down to the Boro fans if we go 1-0 up. tempting fate to the max

I've been thinking that. Same if we sing 'Staying Up' cringeworthy as fuck.

Btw there's a tiny part of me that would rather lose tonight than it be a draw. I want some f***ing closure on this abortion of a season. :lol:

Aye Im getting pissed off, everytime I think its over and we are down Hull lose.  If we stay up its not because we desrve it just because Hull are so crap.

Why don't they give Martins an injection to completely numb the area so he can play at his best for this game?  If that means he won't play again this season then so be it, this is the most important match by far and Martins has been shit when playing through the pain anyway..

Dave shut up man :lol:

i'd have him on the bench and bring him on for the last 20 mins which is probably his limit atm. play Lovenkrands from the start.

Btw there's a tiny part of me that would rather lose tonight than it be a draw. I want some f***ing closure on this abortion of a season. :lol:

Aye Im getting pissed off, everytime I think its over and we are down Hull lose.  If we stay up its not because we desrve it just because Hull are so crap.

If Hull stay up its not because they deserve it but because we're so crap.  So then the question is who actually deserves to stay up?

This is not good for fucking health today. Im going out in a couple of hours like, reckon about 8 pints should do it. I can't bring myself to do anything but sit here waitint for any sort of news etc. I can't even bring myself to have a shave and shower :lol: We need an early goal. If we can get one the place will be buzzing. We should go at them from the start and look to take in a 2 goal lead at half time if possible.

If Hull stay up its not because they deserve it but because we're so crap.  So then the question is who actually deserves to stay up?

Maybe they should just send the 4 of us down.

Guest neesy111

Whoever finishes 4th bottom deserves to stay up, simple as that. We've been shit, but if there ends up being 3 even worse teams then we 'deserve' to still be in the premier league.

very true

He's looked s*** full stop for a while now.

The problem is that for however much he doesn't use his pace properly etc etc, his mere presence worries defenders. Without him the threat is almost non-existant.

f***'s sake.

He did look noticeably uncomfortable moving around the pitch at Anfield. Looked to have a slight hobble throughout, so there could be something in this injury tbh.

Guest neesy111

The problem is that for however much he doesn't use his pace properly etc etc, his mere presence worries defenders. Without him the threat is almost non-existant.

f***'s sake.

He did look noticeably uncomfortable moving around the pitch at Anfield. Looked to have a slight hobble throughout, so there could be something in this injury tbh.

i think he's just bottled it, not for the first time as well

Got a good feeling about tonight

I mean if fate wanted us down it wouldn't have let Hull go into freefall like they have to even give us a chance!

This is what is giving me a tiny bit of hope. Quite a few times recently all of the other games have just gone exactly how we wanted them.

Not a very rational basis for optimism, but I'm holding onto it!

f***'s sake.

i think he's just bottled it, not for the first time as well

It's pretty hard to run flat out with a groin problem, he's looked a shadow of himself without the explosive pace. He's a waste of space without it.

Just heard about Martins being out!

Very worrying. We absolutely have to play Loven in his place as we need some pace.

Owen behind Loven and Viduka.

Owen and Viduka alone upfront and we are down.

Guest toonlass

Got a good feeling about tonight

I mean if fate wanted us down it wouldn't have let Hull go into freefall like they have to even give us a chance!

No, I know fate man, and fate would see us limp on uncertainly until Villa with hope and then crush us with a 5-0 battering. Fate's an evil bastard like that!