Newcastle v Fulham | Sat 16th May - St James' Park @3pm

Kaizero

If anyone is driving up from London on Friday night / Saturday morning and fancies an additonal passenger and petrol money let me know asap and i'll happily oblige. Can't afford train ticket, hotel and ticket for match, so looking to skank a lift then can afford the rest. Ta.

I know it's a nightmare, but you could consider the coach for the travel, you could probably still get a ticket for around a tenner.

If all else fails obviously.

You could see the difference in the players when we went 3-1. The belief was fantastic to watch and it instantly led to some nice football being played.

Could have done with Oba putting Carroll in better than he did to really put the icing on the cake but you would hope the lads (and the manager and the crowd) have done enough now to put the momentum behind us to beat Fulham.

Even if we go 1-0 down we won't throw the towel in, which you wouldn't have said if we were coming into this game needing to win after a loss/draw in the last game.

I believed we would win last night, even when Beye scored the own goal, and I believe we'll win on Saturday. Take nothing away from Fulham, who I have greatly enjoyed watching this season and who I have a massive amount of respect for, but this place when it's rocking is a fucking nightmare for oppositions. 'Boro's young squad couldn't hack it (shown by the amount of misplaced passes, ball kicked out of play by them) and I would hope Fulham are the same.

It's a bugger they've still got Europe in their grasp and are therefore still right up for it, but I think the see-saw has swung in our favour now that Viduka's sat on our end (in particular) and Taylor's joined the party as well. If we don't get any major injuries before Saturday then it's a home win.

2-1 or 3-1.

Guthrie has to start, btw, his corners are probably the best I've seen from a Toon player from what I can remember. 10 perfect deliveries yesterday, we could easily have gotten another goal from one of them.

I was talking to a mate about the Hull v Man U game, the fact that by that game Man U could already be champions and will have a champions league final coming up. What's the betting they put out a weakened side against Hull !!

I was going to raise this question as a new post, but I cannot see the new thread button anywhere?

A win against Fulham maybe needed!!

I was talking to a mate about the Hull v Man U game, the fact that by that game Man U could already be champions and will have a champions league final coming up. What's the betting they put out a weakened side against Hull !!

I was going to raise this question as a new post, but I cannot see the new thread button anywhere?

That is an outstanding insight like. Can't believe nobody on here or who I've spoken to in real life - or even our friends in the media - have suggested it yet themselves!!

:clap:

Guest icemanblue

Gadzooks! You may be onto something!!

A "weakened" Man U side would probably include the likes of Fletcher, Macheda, Rafael, Tevez, Nani and Scholes/Anderson/Giggs/Carrick/Park.

People seem to be forgetting that it was a similar situation last year, Champions League final coming up, Premier League sewn up, and Man U still went to Wigan and comfortably beat them 2-0.

Hull are, according to the tables, now the 3rd worst team in this league. What makes people think they're suddenly going to become World beaters?

I wouldn't be relying on them getting anything on the last day, it's the Bolton game we have to worry about.

People seem to be forgetting that it was a similar situation last year, Champions League final coming up, Premier League sewn up, and Man U still went to Wigan and comfortably beat them 2-0.

Hull are, according to the tables, now the 3rd worst team in this league. What makes people think they're suddenly going to become World beaters?

I wouldn't be relying on them getting anything on the last day, it's the Bolton game we have to worry about.

Wigan were probably safe, Hull may have something still to fight for.

Guest guinness_fiend

If league form is anything to go by, it should be a hard game.  However, even if Fulham win their next two games they will not reach Europe, so the players might not feel the need to give it their all.

I honestly have no idea why people, off the back of last night, suddenly think we are unbeatable.  Fulham have played well all season and have only missed out on Europe by virtue of becoming become Aston Villa (who have played out of their skin this season) and Everton (who were dark horses from the start of the season).

Personally, I would be happy with a point and over-the-moon with a win.  But it will be close.

The saving grace, in my eyes, is that I cannot see Hull picking up anymore points.  I think that Bolton will be hungry for points, given that all it would take is for us, Hull, Sunderland and Portsmouth to win our last few games and it could potentially drag them down (unlikely, but possible).  Furthermore, even if Manchester United play their infants, they sheer class of player that they have in their reserves will rip Hull apart.

Guthrie has to start, btw, his corners are probably the best I've seen from a Toon player from what I can remember. 10 perfect deliveries yesterday, we could easily have gotten another goal from one of them.

Seconded.  It is astonishing to learn that we have a player that can, shock horror, take a corner that goes past the first man!

A few things though, higher quality players will be wanting to stake a claim for a place in the CL team.

Hull got some sorty of result of Manyoo earlier in the season iirc. Fergie will be out for revenge.

Fergie is a strong believer of the momentum philosophy in football, and wont let his players let off steam.

We can't afford to give away any cheap goals like yesterday. Goals will be at a premium as Fulham are difficult to break down.  A 1-0 win would be what I would hope for and a draw would be acceptable.  Villa hasn't seemed the same since MON screwed the pooch with the Moscow trip.  I think we could get a positive result against them on the final day

Guest ObaStar

That is an outstanding insight like. Can't believe nobody on here or who I've spoken to in real life - or even our friends in the media - have suggested it yet themselves!!

:clap:

god its genius, im speechless

Guest geordienorway

Imagine how brilliant it would be to get three points from this and secure our place in the Premiership, and then unleash Ranger against Villa  :pow:

Same starting XI for me unless Enrique is fit (which is unlikely) using Oba and Pistol Pete as impact subs.

Why start Owen over Lovenkrands? (assuming Oba isn't fit to start.) I would definitely start the Dane, as Owen has really been poor in my opinion.