Newcastle v Fulham | Sat 16th May - St James' Park @3pm

Kaizero

Yep, ive said all season that Fulham are a well drilled side, difficult to score against and difficult to beat.

Just when you look that their only 2 away wins were Man C and Bolton (both 3-1) you've got to fancy our chances IF the team and fans perform like they did last night.

Well frustrated my Canal+ patch stopped working now!

I'd start Lovenkrands ahead of Gutierrez, and keep the other XI as it is.

Lovenkrands starts up front or not at all. He's dreadful as a winger.

I agree with this. As does loven from what I have read. Still think we'd be better using him as an impact sub a la smoggies game.

I'm hoping the feel good factor from the previous game against Middlesbrough will be enough to get a few more points on the board against a Fulham side with a lot to play for. They're a very well drilled team, they like to pass it on the floor and if we're not careful we will be punished. Middlesbrough was a walk in the park in many respects, Fulham want European football next season and I can see them coming here not taking anything for granted and giving us a very good game.

We're certainly not out of the woods yet, as much as I enjoyed and celebrated last nights win like we were guaranteed safety. We have a better chance of a win at Villa Park, Aston Villa look like they've been on holiday for the past month. I will be far more nervous against Fulham than I was last night. Hull have a good chance to go 3 points ahead of us again if we aren't careful, we have to keep our foot on the accelerator no matter what.

In one respect though we should be more capable of competing with them as I don't think Fulham are as energetic or pacy as boro's youngsters. Plus I expect us to pass the ball a bit better with the confidence of that win behind us.

Guest Darth Toon

They pass the ball really well and are well organised but don't have the pace up front that Boro had on the break so theoretically if we push right onto them we should be able to keep them penned in for long periods.

Keep the same starting XI I think and get at them right from the off - reckon Viduka can cause them all sorts of problems and potentially be our match-winner....

Previously thought we would do well to get a point here, but with the injection of a bit of confidence, decent options on the bench and some key players hitting a bit of form we've a great chance of claiming all 3.

Same starting XI for me unless Enrique is fit (which is unlikely) using Oba and Pistol Pete as impact subs.

Nah, Owen should be dropped for Lovenkrands. Agree about Enrique though (instead of Duff). Jonas needs to release the ball much earlier. If he refuses - he should make the bench.

Harper

Beye Bassong Taylor Enrique

Duff   Guthrie  Nolan   Jonas

Viduka   Martins

or if Enrique ain't fit..

Harper

Beye Bassong Taylor Duff

Jonas Guthrie Nolan Loven

Viduka Martins

Harper

Beye Taylor  Bassong  Enrique

Jonas  Nolan  Guthrie   Duff

Viduka    Martins

Has to be for me. If not then Butt's back in and Duff on the left. Lovenkrands is a good sub to have but he's shite in a full match on the left.

One thing is for sure with this game, we must match or preferably better Hull result. Going in to the last game back in the bottom 3 could by a pyschological killer for us.

I'd play same team as started Boro,  no need to change a winning team,  Oba and Lovenkrands are better as impact subs,  would prefer to start with Owen and if its not working throw Oba on to try and change it than the other way round.

Only possible change i would think of making would be if Jose is fit, i'd bring him back and push Duff up into midfield in place of the Jonas.

Afaia Al left Martins out specifically because hes been struggling with his injury/fitness. Why would he suddenly be ok to start now ?

Start with viduka/owen upfront easy.

thought enrique was out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury?

as people have said, i'd go with the same and make changes accordingly..if a change had to be made i'd say leave Jonas on the bench and bring him on at the same time as Martins as impact subs. although that would deprive the team of pace in the initial stages of the game

Any news about tv coverage?

Canal+ will broadcast the game in Sweden at least. There's been an insane number of televised games featuring us this season. Off the top of my head there´s only been probably 5-6 games including the cup games that haven't been shown here. It's a pity we haven't performed better though...

Right, fuck it, i'm coming up for this, first home game i've been to since Keegan came back against Bolton so could do with a bit of advice - where's the best place to stick myself if i want to scream and sing for 90 mins? (Preferably in the ground for any wise guys out there!).

Right, fuck it, i'm coming up for this, first home game i've been to since Keegan came back against Bolton so could do with a bit of advice - where's the best place to stick myself if i want to scream and sing for 90 mins? (Preferably in the ground for any wise guys out there!).

If you can be arsed with the stairs I keep hearing the the L7 corner has been brilliant recently.

If you can be arsed with the stairs I keep hearing the the L7 corner has been brilliant recently.

Cheers - where the away fans used to be situated?

Guest toonlass

Cheers - where the away fans used to be situated?

Yep.

Guest Taff

I've got a decent feeling about this game. As a previous poster said, they are not as fast on the counter so hopefully we won't get caught as much as we did against Smogs.

I think the team should be the same, I think with Martins' injury, it is to much of a risk to start him in the next two games, he is an impact player anyway IMO and showed that on Monday. Also Loven' has pace, so may be better introduced later on to stretch the oposition.

My main concern isn't about them, it's about us and the way we play. I'm hoping that we don't hit many long balls to Viduka, it will be a waste of time as big Brede is a beast at the back for them, but isn't to great on the deck and we know all about Hughes. If we can keep the ball simple, playing it to Viduka's feet and getting around him quickly I think we have a great chance here, their strikeforce doesn't worry me at all, Kamara is the only player they have with pace (something which we struggle against) so if Bassong can keep tight to him I will be happy.

I've got a decent feeling about this game. As a previous poster said, they are not as fast on the counter so hopefully we won't get caught as much as we did against Smogs.

I think the team should be the same, I think with Martins' injury, it is to much of a risk to start him in the next two games, he is an impact player anyway IMO and showed that on Monday. Also Loven' has pace, so may be better introduced later on to stretch the oposition.

My main concern isn't about them, it's about us and the way we play. I'm hoping that we don't hit many long balls to Viduka, it will be a waste of time as big Brede is a beast at the back for them, but isn't to great on the deck and we know all about Hughes. If we can keep the ball simple, playing it to Viduka's feet and getting around him quickly I think we have a great chance here, their strikeforce doesn't worry me at all, Kamara is the only player they have with pace (something which we struggle against) so if Bassong can keep tight to him I will be happy.

Good post.

I'm chuffed it's a 3pm kick-off tbh - it would stick in the throat if we started the game in the bottom three if Hull get anything out of Bolton.

What about AJ?

We should win this. My only concern is they have a clever midfield, with Murphy in particular having a very good season. Our ball retention needs to improve but we have enough to hurt them.

Win.

What about AJ?

We should win this. My only concern is they have a clever midfield, with Murphy in particular having a very good season. Our ball retention needs to improve but we have enough to hurt them.

Win.

He's missed the last few games and is a doubt for the weekend, PhysioRoom has him down for a return like... hopefully he misses out.

Guest toonlass

What about AJ?

Win.

He's missed the last few games and is a doubt for the weekend, PhysioRoom has him down for a return like... hopefully he misses out.

Hey man, you can't gan quoting Physioroom. That's my job  :lol: