Newcastle v Fulham | Sat 16th May - St James' Park @3pm

Kaizero

Won't accept anything less than a win. If we play like we did yesterday, with a bit more confidence at the back, I think we will win. It's not going to be easy though, Fulham will probably park the bus.

------------------Harper

Beye------Tayls----------Bass-------Duff

Guth------Nolan----------Butt-------Jonas

-----------Owen----------Dukes

BENCH

Krul

Colo

Taylor

Lovenkrands

Martins

Ranger

Carroll

People seem to be forgetting that it was a similar situation last year, Champions League final coming up, Premier League sewn up, and Man U still went to Wigan and comfortably beat them 2-0.

Hull are, according to the tables, now the 3rd worst team in this league. What makes people think they're suddenly going to become World beaters?

I wouldn't be relying on them getting anything on the last day, it's the Bolton game we have to worry about.

ManU only won the title on the last day last year. Their second XI will be trying to play their way into the CL final, plus Fergie will probably want to give the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo 30mins to keep them fresh.

As for our game, we outplayed Fulham for vast swathes of the game at the Cottage and whilst they're a decent, well-organised team I can't believe how much respect some people on here are giving them. We should be looking to win this.

Same starting XI for me unless Enrique is fit (which is unlikely) using Oba and Pistol Pete as impact subs.

Why start Owen over Lovenkrands? (assuming Oba isn't fit to start.) I would definitely start the Dane, as Owen has really been poor in my opinion.

Another option would be Carroll and Viduka up front. Fulham are strong defensively but Carroll could batter them into mistakes so I think I would seriously consider it.

People seem to be forgetting that it was a similar situation last year, Champions League final coming up, Premier League sewn up, and Man U still went to Wigan and comfortably beat them 2-0.

Hull are, according to the tables, now the 3rd worst team in this league. What makes people think they're suddenly going to become World beaters?

I wouldn't be relying on them getting anything on the last day, it's the Bolton game we have to worry about.

ManU only won the title on the last day last year. Their second XI will be trying to play their way into the CL final, plus Fergie will probably want to give the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo 30mins to keep them fresh.

As for our game, we outplayed Fulham for vast swathes of the game at the Cottage and whilst they're a decent, well-organised team I can't believe how much respect some people on here are giving them. We should be looking to win this.

The thing that makes me a bit less worried is that although Fergie will play his League Cup team (Gibson, Fabio, Foster, Welbeck, Macheda etc starting) is that this team won the League Cup and has won games in the FA Cup (against Fulham, Spurs etc) and also the fact he always names a very strong bench to turn the game around if they go a goal down.

Same starting XI for me unless Enrique is fit (which is unlikely) using Oba and Pistol Pete as impact subs.

Why start Owen over Lovenkrands? (assuming Oba isn't fit to start.) I would definitely start the Dane, as Owen has really been poor in my opinion.

Just think Lovenkrands is better coming off the bench running at a tired defence along with Oba. Owen has been gash but i thought he put an ok shift in last night.

------------------Harper

BENCH

Krul

Colo

Taylor

Lovenkrands

Martins

Ranger

Carroll

Come on Skirge, I know you like Nile but are 4 strikers on the bench really necessary?

Also, you would have saved yourself a fair amount of typing by saying same starting XI ;)

------------------Harper

BENCH

Krul

Colo

Taylor

Lovenkrands

Martins

Ranger

Carroll

Come on Skirge, I know you like Nile but are 4 strikers on the bench really necessary?

Also, you would have saved yourself a fair amount of typing by saying same starting XI ;)

:lol:

Al said Nile would get his chance and all I did was drop Lua Lua :D did say same starting 11 at start of thread though..

We find ourselves behind I like the idea of four strikers on the bench.

I was talking to a mate about the Hull v Man U game, the fact that by that game Man U could already be champions and will have a champions league final coming up. What's the betting they put out a weakened side against Hull !!

I was going to raise this question as a new post, but I cannot see the new thread button anywhere?

A win against Fulham maybe needed!!

That is an outstanding insight like. Can't believe nobody on here or who I've spoken to in real life - or even our friends in the media - have suggested it yet themselves!!

:clap:

With a Championsleague final coming up I'm sure the players of that 'weakened' Man Utd team would be playing their arses off in an attempt to get chose for the final.

We're not out of the woods yet and our survival is paramount. I don't really give a s**t who goes down. We must not take our foot off the pedal as the Fat Lady has not started her singing yet ...

in an ideal world wins for us,hull and portsmouth this weekend would be ideal

I'd be tempted to start with Love in:

Harper

Beye Taylor Bass Duff

Guthrie Nolan Butt Jonas

Viduka Loven

Subs:

Krul, Colocinni, R.Taylor, Smith, LuaLua, Owen, Oba

Stick on Oba for Jonas in the 60th or so minute if he hasn't impacted. Either that or for Loven.

Guest Stephen927

I'm hoping the feel good factor from the previous game against Middlesbrough will be enough to get a few more points on the board against a Fulham side with a lot to play for. They're a very well drilled team, they like to pass it on the floor and if we're not careful we will be punished. Middlesbrough was a walk in the park in many respects, Fulham want European football next season and I can see them coming here not taking anything for granted and giving us a very good game.

We're certainly not out of the woods yet, as much as I enjoyed and celebrated last nights win like we were guaranteed safety. We have a better chance of a win at Villa Park, Aston Villa look like they've been on holiday for the past month. I will be far more nervous against Fulham than I was last night. Hull have a good chance to go 3 points ahead of us again if we aren't careful, we have to keep our foot on the accelerator no matter what.

Guest Stephen927

I'd start Lovenkrands ahead of Gutierrez, and keep the other XI as it is.

I'd be tempted to keep Guti in despite Lovenkrands goal. He has shown what a good impact he can have from the bench, and he also offers a lot of energy down that flank while keeping the ball reasonably well under pressure, he just needs to know when to let go of it and pass.

I would start Martins ahead of Owen though, we need someone with pace up front just to keep Fulhams defence on edge like only Martins can do, defenders are shit scared of him and rightly so, even he doesn't know what he's going to do next.

Personally i dont believe Man U will lie down - they never do. It was suggested to John Salako on SSN last night and he just laughed.

HOWEVER, if we win on Sat, it is almost certain we'll stay up. Just imagine if Hull won on the final day and sent the mackems down :lol:

Fulham's away record is:

P: 18

W: 2

D: 8

L: 8

GF 10/GA 18

2 wins in 18, though they dont concede many. I'll predict a 1-0 win to us.