Newcastle v Fulham | Sat 16th May - St James' Park @3pm

Kaizero

I've just booked tickets and a hotel for this.  :frantic:

Only going to be the second time I've seen us at St James'. Last time was the Olympiakos game, hopefully we'll play as well as that night.

Gonna be a nice drive up from Kent  :harry:

Only going to be the second time I've seen us at St James'. Last time was the Olympiakos game, hopefully we'll play as well as that night.

Good work. I've just booked tickets and hotel also (which hotel you go for?) and am desperately trying to find a cheap solution to travel from London. I cannot be fucked with bus, I don't want to drive and train journey is fucking extortionate. I also hate flying... Looks like it's going to be extortionate train journey!

Good work. I've just booked tickets and hotel also (which hotel you go for?) and am desperately trying to find a cheap solution to travel from London. I cannot be f***ed with bus, I don't want to drive and train journey is f***ing extortionate. I also hate flying... Looks like it's going to be extortionate train journey!

Gwan Lenny give him a lift....poor lad!  He's dropping a big enough hint in his reply!!!

Guest neesy111

good man, let's hope we make it worth while

Hahaha, Kent is a fucking trek, i'd bother IanW before I moved on to Lenny! Nah, I've placed ads on gumtree to try and blag some cheap train tickets otherwise i'll just have to suck it up. Car journey to Newcastle doesn't really appeal either.

If anyone is getting the train up Fri night and fancies someone to drink with on the other hand, let me know!

Good work. I've just booked tickets and hotel also (which hotel you go for?) and am desperately trying to find a cheap solution to travel from London. I cannot be fucked with bus, I don't want to drive and train journey is fucking extortionate. I also hate flying... Looks like it's going to be extortionate train journey!

I went with the Thistle Hotel. Anybody had any experience with it? I looked at the train it's fucking well expensive so I've opted to drive, not going to be fun. I flew from Stanstead before but I've driven from my house to Cornwall quite a few times in the past which is only about 20/30 miles shorter a journey, so I'm gonna firm it.

I've stuck with Premier Inn Quayside, my standard venue for football and family funerals. Great location and relatively cheap.

Good luck with the drive!

Team:

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Bassong  Enrique/Duff

Guthrie    Butt    Nolan    Jonas

Viduka        Owen

Bench: Krul, Coloccini, Enrique/Duff, LuaLua, Lovenkrands, Martins, Carroll

I've got a decent feeling about this game. As a previous poster said, they are not as fast on the counter so hopefully we won't get caught as much as we did against Smogs.

I think the team should be the same, I think with Martins' injury, it is to much of a risk to start him in the next two games, he is an impact player anyway IMO and showed that on Monday. Also Loven' has pace, so may be better introduced later on to stretch the oposition.

My main concern isn't about them, it's about us and the way we play. I'm hoping that we don't hit many long balls to Viduka, it will be a waste of time as big Brede is a beast at the back for them, but isn't to great on the deck and we know all about Hughes. If we can keep the ball simple, playing it to Viduka's feet and getting around him quickly I think we have a great chance here, their strikeforce doesn't worry me at all, Kamara is the only player they have with pace (something which we struggle against) so if Bassong can keep tight to him I will be happy.

What about AJ?

We should win this. My only concern is they have a clever midfield, with Murphy in particular having a very good season. Our ball retention needs to improve but we have enough to hurt them.

Win.

He's missed the last few games and is a doubt for the weekend, PhysioRoom has him down for a return like... hopefully he misses out.

Hey man, you can't gan quoting Physioroom. That's my job  :lol:

I was SO close to making my usual cheeky comment, but thought I'd be the better man after some of the shite I've seen on here this week in General Chat.

:blush:

Guest getalife

Fulham's not going to be an easy game, by any means. We'll do well to take anything from this. Hull, though, have had it. There's no way they'll get anything from Bolton, and to suggest that ManU will field a side incapable of beating Hull is just ludicrous. Aston Villa are the team to pick up points from now, absolutely shocking football they're playing at the minute. Hope they put up enough fight to hold back Boro, but in all honesty, I think a draw is the best we can hope for there. I took AV to win in my accumulator, but with mucho trepidation (equal odds 13/8). West Ham will destroy Boro at home next Sunday. We will get something at Villa Park, although we won't actually need it, and that, my friends, is exactly how the season is going to end for those three teams. In my opinion Monday was the do-or-die game, that will prove the telling game that kept us up.........  O0

Guest Taff

Fulham's not going to be an easy game, by any means. We'll do well to take anything from this. Hull, though, have had it. There's no way they'll get anything from Bolton, and to suggest that ManU will field a side incapable of beating Hull is just ludicrous. Aston Villa are the team to pick up points from now, absolutely shocking football they're playing at the minute. Hope they put up enough fight to hold back Boro, but in all honesty, I think a draw is the best we can hope for there. I took AV to win in my accumulator, but with mucho trepidation (equal odds 13/8). West Ham will destroy Boro at home next Sunday. We will get something at Villa Park, although we won't actually need it, and that, my friends, is exactly how the season is going to end for those three teams. In my opinion Monday was the do-or-die game, that will prove the telling game that kept us up.........  O0

Regarding my earlier comment, I believe AJ is going to be out.

A mate of mine (Mackem) went to the Reebok on Saturday and said they were absolutelly shite, I seen the highlights and Richardson should have scored 5 on his own. My mate claims they are the poorest team he has seen (live) this season and it looked like they were ust strolling around waiting for the season to end. That's my fear, I had Hull nailed on to lose, but after what my mate seen, I'm now a bit nervous about it!

Regarding my earlier comment, I believe AJ is going to be out.

A mate of mine (Mackem) went to the Reebok on Saturday and said they were absolutelly s****, I seen the highlights and Richardson should have scored 5 on his own. My mate claims they are the poorest team he has seen (live) this season and it looked like they were ust strolling around waiting for the season to end. That's my fear, I had Hull nailed on to lose, but after what my mate seen, I'm now a bit nervous about it!

I've said earlier I don't think Sundlund will go down but their relegation odds of 5-1 are generous and they are still very much in the mix.

Wins for Newcastle and Hull and a defeat for them at Pompey is hardly an impossible scenario, that would leave them in the bottom 3 and needing a result against Chelsea.

I went with the Thistle Hotel. Anybody had any experience with it? I looked at the train it's fucking well expensive so I've opted to drive, not going to be fun. I flew from Stanstead before but I've driven from my house to Cornwall quite a few times in the past which is only about 20/30 miles shorter a journey, so I'm gonna firm it.

Driven (and been driven) from Kent loads of times. Shouldn't be too bad, about 6.5 hours, bit quicker if you mission it later at night. Sunday drive home is a right drag though.

Me and a friend is most likely going over from Norway this weekend.

But i have some questions.

The other times i have gone, i gone direct to Newcastle. (pre aranged fotball trips)

This time, we going to London, arrives friday 1930 local time.

Do anyone have some tips how to get easy and cheap to Newcastle,on friday night..(I dont find any good rail options)

We plan to stay as cheap as possible in the city, any recommended places?

Also, is the how is the seating on Milburn stand, black and white bar, is the atmosphere any good? Or are bar 1882 better, near sir john hall west corner?

Few other places we can get next to eachother now...

If i order at box office now, is it enough to bring ID, creditcard and booking confirmation to get the tickest at st.james` park?

Thanks for all replys  ;D

The other times i have gone, i gone direct to Newcastle. (pre aranged fotball trips)

Do anyone have some tips how to get easy and cheap to Newcastle,on friday night..(I dont find any good rail options)

Also, is the how is the seating on Milburn stand, black and white bar, is the atmosphere any good? Or are bar 1882 better, near sir john hall west corner?

If i order at box office now, is it enough to bring ID, creditcard and booking confirmation to get the tickest at st.james` park?

As others have helped me i'll gladly reciprocate:

1) no real cheap options. £100 rail fare. Bus might be available and worth checking, but would take a LONG time

2) Premier Inn quayside is a great location, £70 a night (for twin room, so £35 each if you don't mind sharing)

3) I'd avoid 1892 / any of the corporate seats. More expensive and any time i've been there i get told off for swearing / being too loud(!). From what the guys were saying earlier, Level 7 SJH has a good atmos and there was 1 block with a load of tickets still available.

4) I've just ordered tickets and would imagine it will be box office pick up. I'm sure credit card should suffice.

Wish i was up for this one. Pompey/Boro is the first time i've done it two times in a row and it's been brilliant on the whole... but has cost a fair wedge with expensive travel costs. Grrrrrr. Took a gamble on the train up on Monday night; honestly - the times the ticket man hasn't come round on that journey defies belief. So i gambled it and didn't bother getting a ticket at York... see if i could get away with it. Of course, the wanker came looking for tickets within ten minutes of departure. :angry:

Re: where to sit... i tried the Milburn for the first time since 1998 on Monday night, and it was quality. Obviously, the situation was ifferent because the atmosphere on the whole was cracking. I don't know the science of it, but i guess if you're somewhere near the very top, the noise doesn't escape as easily. For instance, it was quite deafening when Boro scored, and i was miles away from their fans. Was a really good noise in the Milburn all in all. :thup:  Plus it's just like watching it on TV. :pow: Cracking view of the city aswell.

Re: where to sit... i tried the Milburn for the first time since 1998 on Monday night, and it was quality. Obviously, the situation was ifferent because the atmosphere on the whole was cracking. I don't know the science of it, but i guess if you're somewhere near the very top, the noise doesn't escape as easily. For instance, it was quite deafening when Boro scored, and i was miles away from their fans. Was a really good noise in the Milburn all in all. :thup:  Plus it's just like watching it on TV. :pow: Cracking view of the city aswell.

You can get a megabus from London - it should cost you £10-15, although it takes about 6 hours and isn't particularly comfortable.

Try and find a bed and breakfast - I was up there for Christmas time and found one for £30 a night for a plush double room, although that is because I cheekily told them I was media and would get them a good review (was on a one month's placement at BBC Radio Newcastle). The further out from the centre, the cheaper, and it's about £1 (I think?) on a bus to get in, or a cab won't be too pricey.

All this stuff about Man U and their weaker team: slightly worried as remember the Tevez goal that sent Sheffield United down, but also, Fergie hates to lose, and won't want to do so just before the Champions League I imagine. Will put out a weaker team than normal, involving Welbeck and Gibson and the like, but the roll they're on Hull winning would be a massive upset.

When I went there last September, we missed our connection flight in London, leaving us with either 1) Renting a car 2) Train or 3) Bus.

Since I was the only one with a license, and had only had it for a few months, I really didn't fancy driving all the way up to Newcastle on the wrong side of the road. Trains were fuck off expensive, leaving us with the bus option. Worked out well enough for us, had a few lagers at a pub just by the bus station, and then managed to sleep almost all the way up. Hardly ideal, but it's probably what I'd recommend.

As others have helped me i'll gladly reciprocate:

1) no real cheap options. £100 rail fare. Bus might be available and worth checking, but would take a LONG time

2) Premier Inn quayside is a great location, £70 a night (for twin room, so £35 each if you don't mind sharing)

3) I'd avoid 1892 / any of the corporate seats. More expensive and any time i've been there i get told off for swearing / being too loud(!). From what the guys were saying earlier, Level 7 SJH has a good atmos and there was 1 block with a load of tickets still available.

4) I've just ordered tickets and would imagine it will be box office pick up. I'm sure credit card should suffice.

Thanks both of you.

The only avalible is milburn stand, lvl 7,  I thing i rather go for that, than the black and white bar...

Are there any express busses from london to Newcastle?

If so, is that cheaper than train?

Im just afraid we get stuck in london over night, and that is not what i want, i want to get to Newcastle at night, and take a beer...

Hope everything turns out for us :angel: