Bassong: 'I want to leave for my career and my future'

Dave

Was always going to leave, he left the club he'd been at since youth level when they were relegated to further himself, was never going to be any different for us when he's shown to everyone who has an inkling about football that he is a very good young player.

Put a quid on whoever buys him to be relegated next year, seems to make a habit of that :)

I'm not sure that but Arsenal will want to buy Bassong with Thomas Vermaelen seemingly on the verge of completion.  I don't think Bassong to Spurs is likely either, I cant see Levy paying £12m or anything like that.

With half the Spurs hierachy in Spain trying to do a deal for RVN and 'Arry in Ecuador watching Argentina, there's not a lot of people about who could actually arrange a transfer anyway.

Worst part about Bassong wanting to leave is that he's a decent player on low wages, I.E someone we shouldn't be looking to get rid off. It's the likes of Owen, Viduka, Coloccini, Martins and Duff that we need to get rid off to clear our wagebill, not the low earners like Bassong. Because of this reason, and of course the fact that he's young, we should be looking at a much higher fee than what we would have been looking at otherwise. He is one of the few players we can afford to keep, and I hope we use that as bargaining when someone comes in with an offer.

Also he has been at the heart of the defence of two teams that have went down on the bounce now, which makes me have doubts about him as well.

No offence but that's a pretty dumb comment.  That's like saying John O'Shea is amazing because he's won back to back titles whereas in reality Bassong is probably just as good.

I said I had doubts you knacker.  FACT: He is nowhere near as good as O'Shea though.

Guest firetotheworks

Also he has been at the heart of the defence of two teams that have went down on the bounce now, which makes me have doubts about him as well.

No offence but that's a pretty dumb comment.  That's like saying John O'Shea is amazing because he's won back to back titles whereas in reality Bassong is probably just as good.

I said I had doubts you knacker.  FACT OPINION: He is nowhere near as good as O'Shea though.

FYP

Oh my god there still people out there who THINK  some of our players are good!!!! O'Shea has lasted a long time at Man Utd because he has proved to be good player over the years for MUFC. Bassong had a decent middle part of the season.

Worst part about Bassong wanting to leave is that he's a decent player on low wages, I.E someone we shouldn't be looking to get rid off. It's the likes of Owen, Viduka, Coloccini, Martins and Duff that we need to get rid off to clear our wagebill, not the low earners like Bassong. Because of this reason, and of course the fact that he's young, we should be looking at a much higher fee than what we would have been looking at otherwise. He is one of the few players we can afford to keep, and I hope we use that as bargaining when someone comes in with an offer.

I've no doubt we'll replace him with some over the hill star who will add "valuable experience ideal for the Championship". Out with the new in with the old.

I said I had doubts you knacker.  FACT: He is nowhere near as good as O'Shea though.

:lol:

Is no where near as good?!  Reported fee's range from 8mil to 15mil according to who you believe in the press and he is NOWHERE near as good, O'Shea must be worth a shitload .. you are merely looking at the shirts they wear - put O'Shea in an crap team like ours and lets see him perform alot better than Bassong.

I bet he would of single-handedly kept us up :rolleyes:

o'shea is man utds aaron hughes or o'brien, happy to sit on the bench and cover when an opportunity arises, bassong will be in a top 4 teams first choice defence in the next 5 years. Possibly!

Will he f***

Course he will, we've seen this season what happens to the top defenders when they get exposed (Vidic....), Bassong had to deal with that sort of isolation most of the season.

IMO, he will go on to be one of the better CBs in Europe in the next few years.

Will he f***

Course he will, we've seen this season what happens to the top defenders when they get exposed (Vidic....), Bassong had to deal with that sort of isolation most of the season.

IMO, he will go on to be one of the better CBs in Europe in the next few years.

No he won't.