Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest deporik

It's from the International forum www.deportivo-la-coruna.com. Thought it looked familiar ;)

Have to say that I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch tonight, from either team.

It will look familiar to you, it's in Spanish.

If it was in Spanish, I might struggle to read some of it. Colo's interview quite clearly in English, as is everything else except names and places at that website. But apart from everything, you're completely right  :doh:

Of course, it might have helped if I'd remembered 2 hyphens instead of 1 hyphen and a full stop in the site name :rolleyes:

Guest deporik

Spanish father, english mother. Used to go over every summer for our holidays and the highlight was always watching the Teresa Herrera :D

Still got quite a bit of family over there and always been a Depor/Spain fan. Never really had an English team tbh. Got even more interested in them when I joined the International site and now work for them. Can speak a bit of Spanish but not fluently and not confidently. Was gutted when all the English speaking players left Depor; even Xisco spoke a little bit before he moved to you.

Spanish father, english mother. Used to go over every summer for our holidays and the highlight was always watching the Teresa Herrera :D

Still got quite a bit of family over there and always been a Depor/Spain fan. Never really had an English team tbh. Got even more interested in them when I joined the International site and now work for them. Can speak a bit of Spanish but not fluently and not confidently. Was gutted when all the English speaking players left Depor; even Xisco spoke a little bit before he moved to you.

Now seems like a perfect time to adopt us as your English team. O0

Cool, was just surprised to see a non-local supporting Depor. They aren't a team I expected to have a big foreign support. Although as your family story showcases the Galician diaspora is very big.

Can we expect to see him play at DM at some point this season?

we tried that before he looked a headless chicken in the position

Aye, I don't know why people go on about it tbh.

because he supposedly played there a bit for depor. have to admit it's not somethiong i'd like to try unless absolutly necessary.

• 1 month later...

Looks like he's adapting to how fast the strikers are by playing a bit off and timing his interceptions/tackles instead, which he has always done well.

Like I said in the match thread, I thought he was sensational today - easily on a par with Tiote and Ben Arfa - and it was probably his best performance for us in the Premiership.

It was an excellent clean sheet where we didn't give them any clear cut chances. Looking at the replay on Fellaini's last second miss, I think Colo caught the ball and pretty much saved the victory for us. It just capped an immense display from him. He didn't put a foot wrong all game, completely marked their striker/s out of the game and his passing was very, very assured today.

Looks like he's adapting to how fast the strikers are by playing a bit off and timing his interceptions/tackles instead, which he has always done well.

Like I said in the match thread, I thought he was sensational today - easily on a par with Tiote and Ben Arfa - and it was probably his best performance for us in the Premiership.

It was an excellent clean sheet where we didn't give them any clear cut chances. Looking at the replay on Fellaini's last second miss, I think Colo caught the ball and pretty much saved the victory for us. It just capped an immense display from him. He didn't put a foot wrong all game, completely marked their striker/s out of the game and his passing was very, very assured today.

he had a few moments of sheer class with little backheels or bits of skill or a perfectly landed tackle to take the pressure off. just looked so assured today and long may it continue.

don't think he got anything of that Fellaini chance though.

Coloccini showed his quality on his debut at Old Trafford.

Much like Enrique he was given no time to settle by certain sections of the fans and was quickly deemed a flop. Now he's playing in a settled back line with a consistent and calm centre back along side him we are seeing the best of him. He's not a thuggish centre back who uses physical attributes to win the ball he's a ball playing defender who reads the game well. The reason he didn't work with Taylor or Bassong was because in a partnership like that the smarter defender organizes, something he was in no position to do partly due to language barriers and partly because he had just moved here.

I really like him and along with Enrique is proving his doubters wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

He's soft like silk, tender to the touch. I thought all of the back line played well, Perch less so, but improving gradually.

He was more confident because the midfield was so much on top, thereby keeping much of the pressure off the CDs. Has the skills, now needs to show it against the best PL sides, but has improved since his first PL season.

Colo does not look like the nervous wreck he looked in our relegation season, seems much more confident and a bit more physical..

I'm sure I remember reading something about him saying he'd been bulking up for this season. Think it's showed so far.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's played 5 Premiership games for us now and faced some tough sides with different kind of forwards all offering different challenges and he has done well thus far which bodes well for the remainder of the season. I can't help thinking however that Williamson alongside him is having a very good effect on his game and indeed the team's defensive shape. An unsung hero in many ways and for me, the player at the back who I feel more confident in, despite Colo's good form and obvious pedigree. Either way though I'm pleased for him.