Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's played 5 Premiership games for us now and faced some tough sides with different kind of forwards all offering different challenges and he has done well thus far which bodes well for the remainder of the season. I can't help thinking however that Williamson alongside him is having a very good effect on his game and indeed the team's defensive shape. An unsung hero in many ways and for me, the player at the back who I feel more confident in, despite Colo's good form and obvious pedigree. Either way though I'm pleased for him.

He's played more than 5 Premiership games

He was more confident because the midfield was so much on top, thereby keeping much of the pressure off the CDs. Has the skills, now needs to show it against the best PL sides, but has improved since his first PL season.

All the defenders will benefit from our improved midfield. Which is how it should be.

Any CB would have looked shaky the amount he was exposed in the relegation season. He was a lamb to the slaughter every week with our central midfield.

It's not like we were never under the cosh at all yesterday and when there were long balls being hoofed about and increased pressure, Colo was still excellent. Of course he will look better with this midfield but you can't really take much away from him yesterday or really at all this season , he's looked strong, quick and very intelligent so far, long may it continue.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's played 5 Premiership games for us now and faced some tough sides with different kind of forwards all offering different challenges and he has done well thus far which bodes well for the remainder of the season. I can't help thinking however that Williamson alongside him is having a very good effect on his game and indeed the team's defensive shape. An unsung hero in many ways and for me, the player at the back who I feel more confident in, despite Colo's good form and obvious pedigree. Either way though I'm pleased for him.

He's played more than 5 Premiership games

This season.

He was more confident because the midfield was so much on top, thereby keeping much of the pressure off the CDs. Has the skills, now needs to show it against the best PL sides, but has improved since his first PL season.

All the defenders will benefit from our improved midfield. Which is how it should be.

Any CB would have looked shaky the amount he was exposed in the relegation season. He was a lamb to the slaughter every week with our central midfield.

Aye, and it went to his head, unrecoverably so. I love Colo and you're right about the midfield, but he was fucking terrible for the majority of 08/09. I've always thought it was a mental thing though. There's been debates about it as a club, but for him in-particular, last season was a blessing in disguise.

Aye, and it went to his head, unrecoverably so. I love Colo and you're right about the midfield, but he was f***ing terrible for the majority of 08/09. I've always thought it was a mental thing though. There's been debates about it as a club, but for him in-particular, last season was a blessing in disguise.

I don't agree that he was terrible for the majority of his first season here.  He probably had 6 to 8 poor games while the club was in turmoil.  He came to a new country and ended up at a club that was self-destructing, I think anybody would have struggled under those conditions.

He had a very good season in the Championship, it was always going to be a possibility that he’d have bad days in the Premiership and he probably will but I’m confident that he’ll get over it much easier than he would have in the past.  He’s got a cult following and I think we can stop worrying about him because he’s comfortable at the club and he knows that we’re on his side.  Having Tiote in midfield of him will make life much easier for everybody at the back.

Aye, and it went to his head, unrecoverably so. I love Colo and you're right about the midfield, but he was f***ing terrible for the majority of 08/09. I've always thought it was a mental thing though. There's been debates about it as a club, but for him in-particular, last season was a blessing in disguise.

I don't agree that he was terrible for the majority of his first season here.  He probably had 6 to 8 poor games while the club was in turmoil.  He came to a new country and ended up at a club that was self-destructing, I think anybody would have struggled under those conditions.

He had a very good season in the Championship, it was always going to be a possibility that he’d have bad days in the Premiership and he probably will but I’m confident that he’ll get over it much easier than he would have in the past.  He’s got a cult following and I think we can stop worrying about him because he’s comfortable at the club and he knows that we’re on his side.  Having Tiote in midfield of him will make life much easier for everybody at the back.

:thup:

Coloccini was pretty solid in his first season for about the first half of the season from my memory, he than made a few Bramble-esque howlers (when everyone at the club was effectivly playing like they'd never met before) and he was suddenly given the 'Colo the Clown' moniker.

It's actualy quite annoying when people who havn't even seen him play (but just read a few things in the papers) still to this day would claim he was a massivly expensive flop, even though there probably isn't many better 'technical' defenders in the league right now.

Interested to see how he'll cope against Stoke as they're a team who'd you'd think would cause him problems normally but the way he is now playing like we thought he would when we bought him means I have faith he'll cope with their direct game.

Interested to see how he'll cope against Stoke as they're a team who'd you'd think would cause him problems normally but the way he is now playing like we thought he would when we bought him means I have faith he'll cope with their direct game.

He'll be OK, remember he was going to get slaughtered when we went down because the Championship was supposed to be tougher.

He'll be OK, remember he was going to get slaughtered when we went down because the Championship was supposed to be tougher.

Not so much through open play i worry, its through Delaps throws but with Carroll probably dropping deep and Williamson, Perch and Enrique we should have enough back there to cope I'd hope.

Unlike most teams IMO I think we can set up well against the Delap throw. Someone will try to bully Tim & Nolan will be there to meet them. K.Jones will be picked up by Williamson. I would imagine AC is going to try & header the ball before it gets into the 6 yard box. Meaning we have Colo to pick someone else up.

Currently my favourite player at the club. It would be enrique if it weren't for Colo's joyous celebrations when we score.

Always makes sure he gets in there for a hug with the goal scorer, seen him kissing RTaylor (I think) on the cheek when he scored.

I know Nolan has earned the tag as Mr Newcastle lately, but Colo is getting up there for me.

Currently my favourite player at the club. It would be enrique if it weren't for Colo's joyous celebrations when we score.

Always makes sure he gets in there for a hug with the goal scorer, seen him kissing RTaylor (I think) on the cheek when he scored.

I know Nolan has earned the tag as Mr Newcastle lately, but Colo is getting up there for me.

:yikes:

Right up the pumper? Sol working his magic already??