Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 4 months later...

Fucking awesome today imo. I hope if we go up he is able to transfer these perfomances to the premiership and he just too a while to settle in.

I know he still makes some bad decisions which so far haven't been punished as much but at times, like Enrique, he just looks too comforable and it seems to easy for him.

Just to put his performance into context, I agree that he looks much better against second rate strikers but got on wrong side of Lita from corner in first half and that mistake would have been punished by Premiership strikers as was the case last season.

I don't think he's outstanding, and certainly not worth the £10 million we paid for him. I hope he continues his good form in this division and we can perhaps get our money back on him at some stage.

a lesson in giving players time to settle.

Amen!

Whether he is playing for a WC place or a move is irrelevant. He's putting in the performances and the effort and that;s much better than sulking in the reserves pining for a move away etc...

Top class today. I wish he would bring the ball up more often.

Just to put his performance into context, I agree that he looks much better against second rate strikers but got on wrong side of Lita from corner in first half and that mistake would have been punished by Premiership strikers as was the case last season.

I don't think he's outstanding, and certainly not worth the £10 million we paid for him. I hope he continues his good form in this division and we can perhaps get our money back on him at some stage.

Even the best defenders in the world will still make the odd mistake that will give a striker a chance, he absolutely was outstanding today.

I certainly don't think his improved performances are simply due to second rate strikers at this level either.  If you look past the opposition Coloccini himself has improved and changed the way he plays.  Of course he still has flaws that could be punished more often in the Premiership, but he's definitely getting more used to our game.

Great performance today. Lita, Kitson and Bent are not too far away from the quality of strikers about a 3rd of the Premier League field and he passed with flying colours. Still made a couple of errors notably when he got the wrong side of Wheater just before the second and when he slid to intercept and missed it letting Lita in which may have put his performance in context had they gone the other way. Overall, a 9 out of 10 for me.

He's as much a confidence player as i've ever seen for us. We're near impeccable as a defensive unit this season and he's turned into a kingpin. However, i wouldn't bet against one rick in the Premiership sending him all shit again. Ideally we'd keep him cos i think this back four is definitely good enough for the top division, but if we got a very good offer i'd probably let him go. That said, continuity and confidence seems to be absolutely crucial for him and he's formed an excellent partnership with Taylor, which would be a pity to take away. I know we're in the Championship but i've never been so confident about our defense.

Hopefully the whole ordeal since May has improved the mental aspect of his game, cos the physical attributes are all there and always have been. We've all known there's a good player in there.