Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strange how many defenders and other players who fans got on the back of previously because they were sh*t / not good enough for mighty NUFC / not fit to wear the shirt etc etc will be playing in the Premier League next season.

Maybe they could have done a job for us if they hadn't already been hounded out.

Guest Magpiecn

Just like jonas, not cut out for the english game. He has been pathetic, and I hate being proven right. :(

I just think if Collocini had a decent midfield in front of him he would do a lot better.

Nah. He can't even do the basics, he is weak as piss, can't head, slow, and makes 3/4 errors a game.

And these are fatal in PL.

Guest johnson293

Strange how many defenders and other players who fans got on the back of previously because they were sh*t / not good enough for mighty NUFC / not fit to wear the shirt etc etc will be playing in the Premier League next season.

Maybe they could have done a job for us if they hadn't already been hounded out.

Only one that springs to mind is Bramble - and he had more than enough second chances - proved time and time again that concentration seemed to be his problem, rather than ability. Even Bruce took a while to iron out those problems - not sure he's managed to either!

Can't think of many other premiership defenders/players that our fans have 'hounded out' as you say.

Only one that springs to mind is Bramble - and he had more than enough second chances - proved time and time again that concentration seemed to be his problem, rather than ability. Even Bruce took a while to iron out those problems - not sure he's managed to either!

Can't think of many other premiership defenders/players that our fans have 'hounded out' as you say.

Basically Bramble hasn't got the mental strength to play in front of 50k every week.

Titus is the only one that really fits that description, O Brien maybe got a bit of stick. Is Steve Carr is staying with Brum, because he difinitely did. I don't remember Woodgate, Hughes, Faye getting too much flak. 

He'll have a great career back in Spain.

Too bad the fucking shit decided that he couldn't be bothered here.

I think it was more his confidence was shot to shit here than effort.

Guest Phil K

I'd rank Colli alongside the awful Boumsong as a financial rip-off disaster.

But we've had plenty of them, haven't we ?

Too bad the f***ing s*** decided that he couldn't be bothered here.

It was both.

Alongside low ability, crap ariel, disastrous positioning

All in all an overpriced, overpaid clown with hair to match.

Too bad the fucking shit decided that he couldn't be bothered here.

I think it was more his confidence was shot to shit here than effort.

Yeah, he looked terrified on Sunday, he's definitely more jittery than when he arrived.

Started brilliantly, as Jonas did, at Man U in the first game and slowly but surely they both faded badly.

The turmoil with the team and the constant changes definitely had an effect, as did the adjustment of having to play in a much more physical league for the first time, which meant they wore down much quicker.

Both good players imo. Everything was against them this year though.

I had high hopes for him and was impressed by his early performances. 

It's not all been his fault.  The off field traumas and managerial changes, the lack of any kind of midfield etc have all served to undermine his confidence.

However, he has too many flaws and apperas to have the heart of a goat.

Sadly, he'll have to go.  A real shame as I quite like him.

I won't waste my time guessing with regards to his attitude but he was underperfoming due to ALOT of factors. Let's not be hasty in judging this guy as a footballer.

EDIT: I am disappointed that a player of such experiance could not galvanise those around him.

Not a strong personality Colo tbh, and language barriers probably didn't help early on.

Was never aggressive enough tbh, definetly one of those who seemed to prefer making friends with the opposition than knocking the fuck out of them.

He'll do well next season back in Spain. This is the problem with the DOF setup, had Keegan met him and got a feel for his personality perhaps he wouldn't have been so willing to see the club part with £10M.

Started brilliantly, as Jonas did, at Man U in the first game and slowly but surely they both faded badly.

The turmoil with the team and the constant changes definitely had an effect, as did the adjustment of having to play in a much more physical league for the first time, which meant they wore down much quicker.

Both good players imo. Everything was against them this year though.

It's unlikely you will ever see the best of a foreign player in his first season in a new league/country and IMPOSSIBLE if the club is in the turmoil we were.

I saw a player who was lacking confidence and belief lately but never one who wasn't trying as some try to imply.

Guest optimistic nit

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

He's not a bad player, tbh. Playing for a club that operates like a pub team has probably taken it's toll.

is a good defender but if he cant handle a relegation battle in the PL he wont survive in the championship. completely gutless waste of conditioner as well.

• 2 months later...
Guest Rob 1988

Colo set for Magpies exit

Sunday Mirror- Fabricio Coloccini is heading for the exit at Newcastle with a £3million move to Real Zaragoza.

News of the World- Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini is being lined up for a move to Serie A with Palermo.

The the best news i heard in a while if it is True !  :celb:

Colo set for Magpies exit

Sunday Mirror- Fabricio Coloccini is heading for the exit at Newcastle with a £3million move to Real Zaragoza.

News of the World- Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini is being lined up for a move to Serie A with Palermo.

The the best news i heard in a while if it is True !  :celb:

:facepalm: