Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

Thats what we need. Said it in another thread, Beckford and Chopra. Theres goals there. Forget the Sunderland shit, we want whats best for the club and Michael Chopra is one of the best Championship strikers, and I'm sure he would love to turn his fortunes around at Newcastle and potentially become a hero getting the goals to take us back up. He's clearly a bit of a twat, but he'll get the goals. Beckford, Chopra, Carroll, Ranger and maybe someone in on loan. Theres your strikers, and we've got the basis of a good defence with Beye and Taylor staying.

Would have mixed feelings about signing him, as I said in another thread he's a goal threat but his discipline is dreadful, got his fair share of red cards last season. Also his first touch is poor which could be important in a greater quality of league.

Nothing that can't be improved like, if he's going on the cheap go for it.

Thats what we need. Said it in another thread, Beckford and Chopra. Theres goals there. Forget the Sunderland s***, we want whats best for the club and Michael Chopra is one of the best Championship strikers, and I'm sure he would love to turn his fortunes around at Newcastle and potentially become a hero getting the goals to take us back up. He's clearly a bit of a t***, but he'll get the goals. Beckford, Chopra, Carroll, Ranger and maybe someone in on loan. Theres your strikers, and we've got the basis of a good defence with Beye and Taylor staying.

Yep. class post O0

Dont shoot me down but maybe, just maybe, Earnshaw if Chops didnt fancy coming back?

Definitley like the big un and little un combo.

Beginning to feel some positivity after the disaster.... :kasper: Somethings bound to happen to fuck it up mind!

Is he going to be good enough to play in the Premiership in a couple of seasons (assuming we can bounce right back)?  If not then don't bother.  We need to be building a team that isn't just capable of achieving promotion but of competing in the Premiership again.

Is he going to be good enough to play in the Premiership in a couple of seasons (assuming we can bounce right back)?  If not then don't bother.  We need to be building a team that isn't just capable of achieving promotion but of competing in the Premiership again.

I think buying a squad of premiership standard players is a tad unrealistic.

I can't say I've been all that impressed, and we'll be okay for centre forwards. I'd like to see us going for a striker who could play in a more withdrawn role.

Carroll didnt exactly shine when he played in the championship. i know he has improved since then but he doesnt strike me as a real goalscorer, which leaves us with who after loven, martins, owen and viduka leave? Shola? a striker who can score at that level is a massive need imo.

Guest tommykay

I don't really rate Beckford. So I think even with us in the Championship, with our name we could get better.

Wouldn't say no to him mind.

Hes a bit of a cock in my opinion, but he will score goals.

Guest tommykay

Mind I felt like I wanted to kill him when I saw him elbow a goalkeeper in the throat (some game near the end of the season)

He also started laughing when sky interviewed him about it after the game.  :dowie: