Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Guest Heneage

Cracking list is that. Only a couple that I don't know much about. If we sign Gomez, I'll be delighted. I wanted us to try and sign him even if we stayed up.

Away from the more well known names on the list, Cox from Swindon is one player I really hope we've been keeping tabs on.

Leandro Grimi is average like really average and would probably get battered.

Some of those are good shouts mind.

Cracking list is that. Only a couple that I don't know much about. If we sign Gomez, I'll be delighted. I wanted us to try and sign him even if we stayed up.

Away from the more well known names on the list, Cox from Swindon is one player I really hope we've been keeping tabs on.

He's one of the ones that I don't know too much about. I'd also be questioning why he'd be willing to sign for us.

Guest Heneage

He's one of the ones that I don't know too much about. I'd also be questioning why he'd be willing to sign for us.

I know I'll get stick, but I have actually watched the BWIN Liga this last year as I've always had a soft sport for Porto. If I remember right he's out of contract with them, and he's average like I say, He's sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place, defensively he is not earth shattering, like a lot of South American full backs he likes to get forward and he's not much better at that really, he doesn't get found out because by in large the league doesn't have many good wingers outside the top 3. But the fact he's not being offered a contract and Milan shipped him off quick says a lot.

I know I'll get stick, but I have actually watched the BWIN Liga this last year as I've always had a soft sport for Porto. If I remember right he's out of contract with them, and he's average like I say, He's sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place, defensively he is not earth shattering, like a lot of South American full backs he likes to get forward and he's not much better at that really, he doesn't get found out because by in large the league doesn't have many good wingers outside the top 3. But the fact he's not being offered a contract and Milan shipped him off quick says a lot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BBWv-ZnC6kk/SAj01V3jsJI/AAAAAAAABM8/RDkS8OzuwtM/s400/Fetch+stick2.JPG

This dog wants to give you stick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/185507-newcastle-uniteds-31m-championship-winning-line-up#page/11

Anyone seen this?

Jordi Gomez

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Club: Espanyol

Fee: £2.5 million

Replaces: Emre Belozoglu

:kinnear:

Probably because we never replaced him. Good list though, although I think some of the clubs would be demanding more money than what they say on there. I think we should go for James McCarthy too, assuming he hasnt signed for Celtic yet.

Guest Roger Kint

Ross McCormack

Daniel Fox

Scott Dann

Aron Gunnarsson

Victor Moses

Sean Scannell

Giles Barnes

Kris Commons

Miles Addison

Matthew Mills

Brian Stock

Jon Walters

Owen Garvan

Joe Mattock

Andrew Driver

Craig Mackail-Smith

Aaron McLean

Jermaine Beckford

Fabien Deplh

Jonny Howson

Jason Scotland

Jordi Gomez

Shaun St.Ledger

Ross Wallace

Stephen Hunt

Marek Matejovsky

James Harper

Kevin Doyle

Noel Hunt

Shane Long

Kyle Naughton

Brian Howard

Kyle Walker

Jon-Joe O'Toole

shmael Miller

James Morrison

Johnjo Shelvey

A selection of these and a few good experienced players like Shittu mentioned by a few plus a couple of loans from  the big 4 should be pretty good, providing we can keep the players Shearer wants.

Guest Brewcastle

Enough said about (Per Ciljan Skjelbred from Rosenborg, Norway) in another thread. But I think he is a realistic target for NUFC in the summer. He will give more creative NUFC-attacks. Thinks he and Jonas (if he stays) together will be a good match.

Another star in Norwegian football (IK Start) I would love to see in NUFC is Christian Bolaños: http://fotball.vgtv.no/?id=2411&team=305 (It may take some seconds before the video starts, but worth waiting for  O0)

Is Arturo Lupoli owned by Fiorentina?

If so we could request him if they are really interested in Martins.

Lupoli seemed to score regularly in the championship for both Norwich and Sheffield United (?).

Ross McCormack

Daniel Fox

Scott Dann

Aron Gunnarsson

Victor Moses

Sean Scannell

Giles Barnes

Kris Commons

Miles Addison

Matthew Mills

Brian Stock

Jon Walters

Owen Garvan

Joe Mattock

Andrew Driver

Craig Mackail-Smith

Aaron McLean

Jermaine Beckford

Fabien Deplh

Jonny Howson

Jason Scotland

Jordi Gomez

Shaun St.Ledger

Ross Wallace

Stephen Hunt

Marek Matejovsky

James Harper

Kevin Doyle

Noel Hunt

Shane Long

Kyle Naughton

Brian Howard

Kyle Walker

Jon-Joe O'Toole

shmael Miller

James Morrison

Johnjo Shelvey

A selection of these and a few good experienced players like Shittu mentioned by a few plus a couple of loans from  the big 4 should be pretty good, providing we can keep the players Shearer wants.

Exactly, its there to do, I dont see why people should be so pessemistic considering a lot of the players mentioned would potentally come to us ahead of a lot of clubs, just need to sort out Shearer bieng here.

Iain Dowie signed Daniel Fox for Coventry, so we know he rates him. Hopefully thatll work in our favour cos I think he's fantastic.

And we should go out of our way to sign James McCarthy....even for the £4million Swansea were quoted.

Wasn't Kris Boyd at SJP in January?? If he wanted to sign for Birmingham, then surely he'd want to join us. Basically, Scotland is a goldmine because apart from the Old Firm, people see the Championship as a step up (or at least a sideways step).

Its gonna be an exciting summer  O0

Guest kingdawson

If you're planning to use Beye as a cb, then i definately think loaning Chris Gunter from us is a good idea (done v.well at Forest by all accounts). I'd also Loan Taarabt for the season providing we don't sell him.

If you're planning to use Beye as a cb, then i definately think loaning Chris Gunter from us is a good idea (done v.well at Forest by all accounts). I'd also Loan Taarabt for the season providing we don't sell him.

Taarabt is talented but where would he be played?

Doesn't look like he would be able to get up and down wnough on the wing, and as a second striker would he score enough goals? Haven't really seen enough of him to know what his shooting/finishing is like. Very interesting talent though.

Did he go out on loan somewhere the second half of last season? How did he do?

Guest kingdawson

Doesn't look like he would be able to get up and down wnough on the wing, and as a second striker would he score enough goals? Haven't really seen enough of him to know what his shooting/finishing is like. Very interesting talent though.

He went to QPR and was excellent by all accounts. Being that QPR are (well were) my local team, i'm able to get a lot of feedback, and the general consensus was that he did a superb job. Was played left wing, and when i initially heard that, i had my doubts about how good he'd be. I think he also played in the hole a couple of times and did well.

Surman would be an excellent signing IMO

Didn't we have two other Scandinavians (Norwegian iirc) on trial with us in January. One was related to Tore Andre Flo. They played in the Norwegian second division

The two norwegians is:

Per Egil Flo (Tore André's cousin), who's currently with Sogndal (Norwegian 1 division). A very promising attacking LB. Has had a decent season so far. Not sure if he is ready to play for Newcastle yet. Should stay in Norway for at least another season.

Even Hovland is the other one. Also with Sogndal. One of the most promising center backs in Norway. Is currently injured, with a fractured leg. Is expected to return in 5-6 months. Definitely a good buy, and a good prospect.

He went to QPR and was excellent by all accounts. Being that QPR are (well were) my local team, i'm able to get a lot of feedback, and the general consensus was that he did a superb job. Was played left wing, and when i initially heard that, i had my doubts about how good he'd be. I think he also played in the hole a couple of times and did well.

I've always thought he had something about him, something of a rough diamond though. If you were to sell, how much do you reckon it would be for, and would he drop down? I know it's a long shot, but were Sheeeeearaaa to stay on I reckon he might just about be able to sell the dream to him. I assume Harry doesn't really rate him given that for all the bigging up he did he was shipped out on loan pretty soon.