RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it feels weird, i'm hoping for a sale but i was hoping for one last time and look what happened there!

We can't even afford to look forward to that considering how burnt we got from it last time.

What a fuking mess, what a total cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

The data room.  :lol:

Does Llambias think its the 70s interpretation of the future?

I cant believe we have a data room.  :lol:

I suppose an online supository of poorly scanned files with Llambas and Ashley's writing all over it including games of hangman on contracts and Ashley doodling "Sports Direct 4 LYFE" as well.

These online data rooms are quite possibly the most annoying things ever, I was in charge of managing and organizing one when the company I worked for sold our division to one of the big investment banks.  Ever since being on that end of due-diligence, i officially hate that term.

I personally can say hand on heart that so long as Ashley goes I don't give a monkeys who comes in, whether that be Shepherd or anybody else. We're all longing for stability and a half decent start would be a permanent manager, and the chances of that happening while we're in limbo is slim.

The last thing we need is to fall too far behind in pre-season preperations, but on the other hand we can't force teams to take the overpaid tosh off our hands. It's gonna be a tough couple of months.

I suppose an online supository of poorly scanned files with Llambas and Ashley's writing all over it including games of hangman on contracts and Ashley doodling "Sports Direct 4 LYFE" as well.

These online data rooms are quite possibly the most annoying things ever, I was in charge of managing and organizing one when the company I worked for sold our division to one of the big investment banks.  Ever since being on that end of due-diligence, i officially hate that term.

Do these data rooms speed things up?

Supposedly. It basically allows interested parties to view the club's accounts remotely which i suppose is a major advantage for foreign groups

Seen as you seem to have a clue what they are, I'll be nice and let you explain them to us :)

I can't believe I wrote suppository, I meant to say repository/online digital library - still waking up.

Yes and No.

If done correctly and organized properly - the buyers can look over "the books" as well as any other pertinent information that the seller will put up.  Its up to the seller to ensure that all pertinent information related to the sale/facilitate the sale are there.

Seen as you seem to have a clue what they are, I'll be nice and let you explain them to us :)

Hah! Not much else to explain, those in charge of the sale will go on there and look at what is up there, and make their decisions accordingly.  Due-Diligence is useless if a firm doesn't put up a proper system that a the buyer can use.  We used a system called Intralinks, gave potential buyers a username and password and let them go at it.  We had several requests for more information that we did provide and did not provide. 

I can't believe I wrote suppository, I meant to say repository/online digital library - still waking up.

Yes and No.

If done correctly and organized properly - the buyers can look over "the books" as well as any other pertinent information that the seller will put up.  Its up to the seller to ensure that all pertinent information related to the sale/facilitate the sale are there.

Hah! Not much else to explain, those in charge of the sale will go on there and look at what is up there, and make their decisions accordingly.  Due-Diligence is useless if a firm doesn't put up a proper system that a the buyer can use.  We used a system called Intralinks, gave potential buyers a username and password and let them go at it.  We had several requests for more information that we did provide and did not provide. 

Skirge, any chance you can work your magic and get the required info.  :frantic: :laugh:

/User: mashley

//Password: password

Alright then, at least I now know when to be prepared for the first round of "Newcastle takeover talks collapse" stories.

I won't believe any of this for a second untill it actually happens. It just seems too suspicious that not a single source from any serious bidder has actually confirmed their interest.

Yes, I've turned terminally negative.

Alright then, at least I now know when to be prepared for the first round of "Newcastle takeover talks collapse" stories.

I won't believe any of this for a second untill it actually happens. It just seems too suspicious that not a single source from any serious bidder has actually confirmed their interest.

I thought that Profitable Group had confirmed, or were you not counting that as "serious"?

I'm fairly sure Freddy Sheppard wants his hands back on the levers of power too, although noone knows the money behind him.

If there wasn't one more interested party added amongst those two i would be suprised, probably a foreign investor of some sort.

Fair enought though, interesting that llambias finally speaks when season ticket renewals are arriving on doorsteps.

Fair enought though, interesting that llambias finally speaks when season ticket renewals are arriving on doorsteps.

How "many" of our transfer dealings under Ashley were done hush hush? There's no reason why selling the club would be any different

I thought that Profitable Group had confirmed, or were you not counting that as "serious"?

I'm fairly sure Freddy Sheppard wants his hands back on the levers of power too, although noone knows the money behind him.

If there wasn't one more interested party added amongst those two i would be suprised, probably a foreign investor of some sort.

are they in the corridors of power? right next to the coffee machine of power?

are they in the corridors of power? right next to the coffee machine of power?

Yes ;)

No way Shearer will be appointed any time soon - Llambias is a lying bastard, just saying it to get ST renewals up - CUNT

Erm, they're trying to sell the club, did you not notice or something?

Why would they give a shit about the season ticket renewals when that's going to be someone else's problem?

Surely all you paranoid-delusionals should be expecting them to deliberately put people off from renewing just to fuck over us and whoever the new owners are, that'd be the really evil thing to do, wouldn't it?

No way Shearer will be appointed any time soon - Llambias is a lying bastard, just saying it to get ST renewals up - CUNT

Erm, they're trying to sell the club, did you not notice or something?

Why would they give a shit about the season ticket renewals when that's going to be someone else's problem?

Surely all you paranoid-delusionals should be expecting them to deliberately put people off from renewing just to fuck over us and whoever the new owners are, that'd be the really evil thing to do, wouldn't it?

Contentious. :razz: