RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Micktoon

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/4463679.Ashley_needs_to_settle/

Ashley needs to settle

10:16am Monday 29th June 2009

MIKE Ashley will have to underwrite Kevin Keegans ongoing compensation battle with Newcastle United if he is to sell the club within the next fortnight.

With four consortia currently undergoing a process of due diligence, Ashley continues to edge closer to a sale of the Magpies. Keith Harris, the investment broker charged with overseeing the takeover process, spent the weekend in the United States meeting representatives of the American group that has always been regarded as one of the leading bidders.

Ashley had hoped that a deal would have been agreed before Newcastles players return for the start of pre-season training on Wednesday, but the issue of Keegans unsettled compensation claim has emerged as a major stumbling block.

Keegan is claiming that his departure from St James Park last September was a case of constructive dismissal, citing boardroom interference as evidence of a concerted attempt to force him out of the club. The former managers claims are contested by Newcastle United.

If a court was to rule in Keegans favour, Newcastle could be forced to pay up to £8m, as he was only eight months into a three-year contract worth around £3m-a-year when he left the Magpies.

Understandably, the clubs prospective new owners are concerned at being saddled with a seven-figure bill, and it is thought they have demanded Ashley assumes personal responsibility for the dispute.

That would mean that if Keegan was to be awarded compensation in the future, it would be Ashley rather than Newcastle United who was responsible for paying it.

Interesting development if true.

I bloody knew it. All Keegans fault, in the dugout, with a candlestick.

Joking aside if Keegan is claiming a seven figure compensation fee "he's gone down in my estimation"

keegan is a fucking disgrace, and just show's he was only here for the money if he's asking for 8 million quid

That makes no sense. If anything has to be paid to him then it proves Ashley etc were in the wrong.

keegan is a fucking disgrace, and just show's he was only here for the money if he's asking for 8 million quid

That makes no sense. If anything has to be paid to him then it proves Ashley etc were in the wrong.

I think if anything has to be paid to him now, all it proves is that the new owners don't want the issue hanging over them. Don't think it should indicate who is right or wrong.

Even if Ashley knew he was right, he might still have to settle to sell the club ASAP.

I think if anything has to be paid to him now, all it proves is that the new owners don't want the issue hanging over them. Don't think it should indicate who is right or wrong.

Even if Ashley knew he was right, he might still have to settle to sell the club ASAP.

Fair comment. It'll be a pity for us lot though to not find out what really went on.

In any case, we all know that if someone settles they're automatically guilty. That's what people in GC reckon anyway. :razz:

Fair comment. It'll be a pity for us lot though to not find out what really went on.

In any case, we all know that if someone settles they're automatically guilty. That's what people in GC reckon anyway. :razz:

Aye, I was going to make a Michael Jackson pun but then I remembered I've been arguing that he was a genius.

I doubt we will ever know what went on with KK, doesn't seem like it's destined for a hearing in open court. Even if it was I don't think that would stop us arguing and speculating on what was true.

Guest habibbeye

Glad to see that some of the truth is coming out.

Read the Chronicle later ..........................might mention a passport?

Guest dover

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/4463679.Ashley_needs_to_settle/

Ashley needs to settle

10:16am Monday 29th June 2009

MIKE Ashley will have to underwrite Kevin Keegan’s ongoing compensation battle with Newcastle United if he is to sell the club within the next fortnight.

With four consortia currently undergoing a process of due diligence, Ashley continues to edge closer to a sale of the Magpies. Keith Harris, the investment broker charged with overseeing the takeover process, spent the weekend in the United States meeting representatives of the American group that has always been regarded as one of the leading bidders.

Ashley had hoped that a deal would have been agreed before Newcastle’s players return for the start of pre-season training on Wednesday, but the issue of Keegan’s unsettled compensation claim has emerged as a major stumbling block.

Keegan is claiming that his departure from St James’ Park last September was a case of constructive dismissal, citing boardroom interference as evidence of a concerted attempt to force him out of the club. The former manager’s claims are contested by Newcastle United.

If a court was to rule in Keegan’s favour, Newcastle could be forced to pay up to £8m, as he was only eight months into a three-year contract worth around £3m-a-year when he left the Magpies.

Understandably, the club’s prospective new owners are concerned at being saddled with a seven-figure bill, and it is thought they have demanded Ashley assumes personal responsibility for the dispute.

That would mean that if Keegan was to be awarded compensation in the future, it would be Ashley rather than Newcastle United who was responsible for paying it.

Interesting development if true.

Whos Ashleys PR? must have replaced Joe Kinnear, because that is a fucking disgrace, attempting to drag Keegan into the club sale debacle, utter nonsense, settling a dispute with a former employee is "a major stumbling block" ffs That is fat Ashley trying to turn the fans against Keegan in the hope he can save a few quid in a court case, pathetic imo

A few months ago they were saying a deal had virtually been agreed and it would not be going to court.  Just shows that you can't believe anything you read as they put out a story to suit whatever agenda they are promoting at the time.

I think we should all go and ask to manage this club from top to bottom, Chairman to kitman we all get a position to do. What would yours be?

Think we should hire Bluestar as shooting coach after his epic goal in a field of mud at the weekend  :lol:

I think we should all go and ask to manage this club from top to bottom, Chairman to kitman we all get a position to do. What would yours be?

Think we should hire Bluestar as shooting coach after his epic goal in a field of mud at the weekend  :lol:

I'll do the PR, send SSN's bleep machine into fkn overdrive

:D

That article is pure crap from the Ashley camp to try and blame this on Keegan. Fact is, there aren't even close to selling the club and they know it.

I'd tend to agree, though it has been a snag in the back of my mind throughout this, then i was hoping KK would sue Ashley rather than the club, obviously it doesn't work like that but with no mention i thought it might have.

Just shows there are as much hidden pitfalls in this takeover than the amount FFS left for FMA

I find it incredibly frustrating that the Keegan issue could be potentially what is holding us back from completing the sale of the club as quickly as possible.

It is unreal how much of an impact Ashley's decision to bring him back as negatively affected the club. Absolutely unreal. This stupid squabble between both parties has essentially led to our relegation and is now setting us so far back in our preparations for life in the championship. Destroying the club.

I find it incredibly frustrating that the Keegan issue could be potentially what is holding us back from completing the sale of the club as quickly as possible.

It is unreal how much of an impact Ashley's decision to bring him back as negatively affected the club. Absolutely unreal. This stupid squabble between both parties has essentially led to our relegation and is now setting us so far back in our preparations for life in the championship. Destroying the club.

It isn't.

Part of me thinks that article is just another paper thinking up another story to fill another day's column inches because they have fuck all to go on.

Part of me remembers the ridiculous propaganda this regime have peddled before to try and shift blame.

As usual, the real answer is nobody knows.

I'm off to florida today for two weeks. There had better be some significant developments when I come back!

If there hasn't been were are screwed completely, we'll certainly not recover this season anyhow.

I think most agree Keegan was fkd over by the fat cunt and his mob, no way KK would have came back to work under the system they put in place. So he has every right to be angry over it and feel he was forced out, any person in any job would want compenstation in that situation. Ashley is the idiot here its his mess and he cannot expect a new buyer to come in and sort it out by paying out another £8mill, they could say fine we will fight the case and pay out if we have to but the £8mill + legal fee's comes off the asking price.

Every day the passes I start to think more and more that this £100mill was just a smoke screen was purely bait to suck in interest and now he is showing what he really wnats and is makign it very hard for any buyer to agreee terms with him.

Guest neesy111

the thing is keegan agreed to join the club with a director of football in charge, but he left because of the director of football position

ashely paid keegan's wage's as he is the owner of the club, so the owner can do what he like's, not what keegan wants

keegan has never wanted any money out of any club until now, but of a coincidence when his businesses are losing quite a bit of money

that's just my view and i won't say anything more about it

that whole scenario has knocked this club back for years and it's still going on ffs

i just want ashley, the keegan saga and owen all to fuck off, they've all contributed to the downfall of this club in some part but none of them give a fuck about the club anymore