RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Can't we just slash the wages anyway? The players are gonna bugger off/be unhappy regardless.

They have contracts which have to be honoured.

We will slash the wage bill, but only by letting players go.  Owen, Viduka, Cacapa, Lovenkrands and Gonzales are effectively gone already, then we really need to get rid of at least five from:

Coloccini, Nolan,   Barton, Martins,  Duff, Smith, Gutierrez, Geremi, Butt.

That will provide us with around a £30m saving per season.

There's 6 for you then

"Talks stall as Ashley`s mum puts the tea out"

;D

The only fkn thing she ever puts out is a spliff

Yes onto his arms and legs as a child, thus resulting in his binge eating and wealth hogging which has made him the grade A cunt he is today.

Fucking bitch!

"Talks stall as Ashley`s mum puts the tea out"

;D

The only fkn thing she ever puts out is a spliff

She never puts those out, I heard she smokes it right to the roach every time.

Aye, you can't 'sort out the wage structure' when players are on pre-existing contracts with time left to run.

Seems like slashing investment was a reckless gamble by Ashley that didn't pay off. If it had we might actually have been much better for it.

It was a massive gamble and it was no surprise when it backfired. Ashley has no one else to blame and now he's paying the price for it.

I feel that Coloccini should be given more time. After all, he only joined Newcastle about a year ago. Typically, foreign players playing in foreign leagues will need some time to adapt.

Perhaps for the rest less Gutierrez, there shouldn't be any excuse.

As for Duff, he lost a lot of his skills from back then. I'm not sure if he's still worthwhile in keeping. I'm more inclined to say no.

Last but not least, regarding the companies rumoured to takeover, I think it is also important that there won't be a second case of Mike Ashley. If Mike Ashley II appears, I can safely say it will be the end of the club aka maybe even a Leeds United II. The intentions of the parties are important, as are their future plans  for the club i.e. business model, annual budget outlay (I don't think Mike will care about it honestly as he's only concerned in getting $$$ to minimise his losses), ambitions etc. I have my concerns regarding The Profitable Group which I shall reserve my comments at the moment but do try to take a look at those companies, their management teams, management philosophies and achievements. Perhaps those will be of certain assistance.

Guest Jungle Barry

All this silence is doing my head in, though we should be used to it by now. The fact that we get statements saying things might happen by the end of the week/could be a big week etc for newcastle make it even more annoying.

grrr

Guest ObaStar

Its all gone pear shaped, you can fkn bet on it. I wouldn't like to deliver the c*** a pizza never mind buy a fkn football club off him.

he'd probably eat it on the way

I feel that Coloccini should be given more time. After all, he only joined Newcastle about a year ago. Typically, foreign players playing in foreign leagues will need some time to adapt.

Perhaps for the rest less Gutierrez, there shouldn't be any excuse.

As for Duff, he lost a lot of his skills from back then. I'm not sure if he's still worthwhile in keeping. I'm more inclined to say no.

Last but not least, regarding the companies rumoured to takeover, I think it is also important that there won't be a second case of Mike Ashley. If Mike Ashley II appears, I can safely say it will be the end of the club aka maybe even a Leeds United II. The intentions of the parties are important, as are their future plans  for the club i.e. business model, annual budget outlay (I don't think Mike will care about it honestly as he's only concerned in getting $$$ to minimise his losses), ambitions etc. I have my concerns regarding The Profitable Group which I shall reserve my comments at the moment but do try to take a look at those companies, their management teams, management philosophies and achievements. Perhaps those will be of certain assistance.

You have got to be kidding me

I don't understand Ashley.

He's an incredibly successful, self-made billionaire, so he understands business.

Yet, for all his "I'm sorry, I really am" nonsense, he then does exactly the worst thing he could possibly do, in making it clear how desperate he is to sell the club, regardless of the huge hit he will take, and entirely oblivious to the massively unsettling influence on the whole club at a time when that is the absolute last thing it needs.

When a club gets relegated, the key things to coming straight back up include - prominently - keeping together the nucleus of "a squad", but he's done exactly the opposite and made it clear anyone is up for grabs at the right price.

Even if you give the benefit of the doubt of "well, he doesn't understand the football business", he's still a wildly successful businessman, surely he realises that if he keeps his head, steadies the ship and does the right thing, he can both get the club promoted quickly and recoup far more of his money than the 100m he's willing to accept now.

It just does not make sense on either front, he's clearly not an idiot, he's clearly a good businessman even if he's got his fingers burned in football (he's far from the first or the last), so why on earth set sail on this disastrous course?

I know I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but it really looks like he's determined to get the worst outcome possible, and with the instabilty he's created, I think there's as much chance you could finish bottom half of the table as there is top half next year (and I mean that entirely not in a gloaty fashion, but as a neutral observer).

What a strange, strange man.

I don't understand Ashley.

He's an incredibly successful, self-made billionaire, so he understands business.

Yet, for all his "I'm sorry, I really am" nonsense, he then does exactly the worst thing he could possibly do, in making it clear how desperate he is to sell the club, regardless of the huge hit he will take, and entirely oblivious to the massively unsettling influence on the whole club at a time when that is the absolute last thing it needs.

When a club gets relegated, the key things to coming straight back up include - prominently - keeping together the nucleus of "a squad", but he's done exactly the opposite and made it clear anyone is up for grabs at the right price.

Even if you give the benefit of the doubt of "well, he doesn't understand the football business", he's still a wildly successful businessman, surely he realises that if he keeps his head, steadies the ship and does the right thing, he can both get the club promoted quickly and recoup far more of his money than the 100m he's willing to accept now.

It just does not make sense on either front, he's clearly not an idiot, he's clearly a good businessman even if he's got his fingers burned in football (he's far from the first or the last), so why on earth set sail on this disastrous course?

I know I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but it really looks like he's determined to get the worst outcome possible, and with the instabilty he's created, I think there's as much chance you could finish bottom half of the table as there is top half next year (and I mean that entirely not in a gloaty fashion, but as a neutral observer).

What a strange, strange man.

Ashley's tenure has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion, you know what is going to happen but are powerless to stop it. pretty much everything he's done he's either made the wrong decision or done the right things in such a cack handed manner that theyve backfired. it beggars belief that he is this successful self-made billionaire, master of the markets. if you knew nothing of his history before NUFC you would assume he was some unemployed moron dragged in off the streets without the first clue about anything.

Ashley's tenure has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion, you know what is going to happen but are powerless to stop it. pretty much everything he's done he's either made the wrong decision or done the right things in such a cack handed manner that theyve backfired. it beggars belief that he is this successful self-made billionaire, master of the markets. if you knew nothing of his history before NUFC you would assume he was some unemployed moron dragged in off the streets without the first clue about anything.

Are we absolutely sure that we arent part of a new Channel 4 reality show  :undecided: