RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two parties - one American influenced and one North East-led - have matched broker Seymour Pierce's valuation of the club.

The identity of the groups remains so secret that even Mike Ashley - the owner set to lose £150m from his ill-fated two years in charge - does not even know who they are.

WTF contradiction alert :iamatwat:

Well I'd like to believe the bids accepted bit, and most of the rest is pretty realistic (Martins and Coloccini's wage and £12m for both), as well as wanting to get rid of at least 12 players (hopefully anyway because there's at least that many wasters on high wages)..  But the £30m wage figure smells of shit to me, no way on earth can we get it that low this season.  Even if we could actually get rid of that number of players (15-16) we'd be left with a side not even good enough to compete in the Championship and no room to add new players.  Also its the NOTW so I can't believe a word they say anyway..

Guest dover

Well I'd like to believe the bids accepted bit, and most of the rest is pretty realistic (Martins and Coloccini's wage and £12m for both), as well as wanting to get rid of at least 12 players (hopefully anyway because there's at least that many wasters on high wages)..  But the £30m wage figure smells of s*** to me, no way on earth can we get it that low this season.  Even if we could actually get rid of that number of players (15-16) we'd be left with a side not even good enough to compete in the Championship and no room to add new players.  Also its the NOTW so I can't believe a word they say anyway..

Dont be coming on here with your common sense  :dowie:

To be honest i take anything the NOTW says with a pinch of salt. So i'll believe it when i see it.

So what does everyone think will happen this week? Will anything definite happen?

It's getting desperate now like, we are so far behind every other club it's not even funny. We really need something to happen as soon as possible (have we not got a stating the obvious smiley?).

Guest sicko2ndbest

MA will be lucky to get 50m with the wage bill new owners will inherit

Significant movement is expected this week according to many sources. I'll believe it when i see it!

MA will be lucky to get 50m with the wage bill new owners will inherit

Significant movement is expected this week according to many sources. I'll believe it when i see it!

how many times could you have posted that over the last year ?

Well I'd like to believe the bids accepted bit, and most of the rest is pretty realistic (Martins and Coloccini's wage and £12m for both), as well as wanting to get rid of at least 12 players (hopefully anyway because there's at least that many wasters on high wages)..  But the £30m wage figure smells of shit to me, no way on earth can we get it that low this season.  Even if we could actually get rid of that number of players (15-16) we'd be left with a side not even good enough to compete in the Championship and no room to add new players.  Also its the NOTW so I can't believe a word they say anyway..

Any fee we might get for the absolute shite we have on our books will likely go directly to the player himself in lieu of loyalty payments/shortfall in earnings,etc. Getting them off the books is what is important.

Any fee we might get for the absolute shite we have on our books will likely go directly to the player himself in lieu of loyalty payments/shortfall in earnings,etc. Getting them off the books is what is important.

Maybe for some players (the ones we have to let go for £1m or less), but not all of them.

I like this bit:-

"At least 10 other players will also go by August. The deals could bring in £12m."

Christonabike, we must be s****. :yikes:

Well that's nonsense because we'd get most of that just by selling Bassong.

The likes of Smith, Nolan, Martins and Collocini will all bring in a few million each.

"At least 10 other players will also go by August. The deals could bring in £12m."

The likes of Smith, Nolan, Martins and Collocini will all bring in a few million each.

You're obviously forgetting these are now players that got relegated. There won't be any inflated fees going around, we're desperate to get rid and people will not meet our pay demands because they know we're desperate.

You're obviously forgetting these are now players that got relegated. There won't be any inflated fees going around, we're desperate to get rid and people will not meet our pay demands because they know we're desperate.

No, they meant £12m for the two deals they mentioned specifically (Martins and Coloccini).  You recon because we're relegated and we want rid of players that means we'll get £12m total for 12 players including the likes of Martins, Jonas, Coloccini and Enrique :nope:

So you're seriously telling me you think we won't get more then £12m for:

Coloccini

Martins

Jonas

Enrique

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Duff

Geremi

Butt

Bassong

Xisco

???  Common be serious FFS, we've been relegated now liquidated.

Guest habibbeye

The wages are the problem - the players wont take a pay cut so their transfer value is reduced dramatically. Another Leeds mark my words - both the takeover bidders will walk away next week as Ashley wants £100m and the loan to stay in place !!!!!!

The wages are the problem - the players wont take a pay cut so their transfer value is reduced dramatically. Another Leeds mark my words - both the takeover bidders will walk away next week as Ashley wants £100m and the loan to stay in place !!!!!!

Surely if that was the case then the bidders would know in advance of making a bid at all?

Guest wshmag

So you're seriously telling me you think we won't get more then £12m for:

Coloccini

Martins

Jonas

Enrique

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Duff

Geremi

Butt

Bassong

Xisco

???  Common be serious FFS, we've been relegated now liquidated.

i'd be amazed if we managed to shift all them.