RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

truth is no-one knows anything, thats why this non disclosure agreement is in place.

They could be dotting the i's and crossing the t's as we speak or they could be miles apart and getting nowhere fast. One thing is for sure....this pointless chat bout keegan, ashley, administration, debt etc etc etc is getting very tedious.

Lets just wait and see what happens. i know its frustrating, I know its depressing but the truth is no-one knows anything. Especially not the media

Rational thinking suggests that if there are some 'interested parties' they realise they hold all the cards as they can just sit back till things get worse and pay even less. If I was buying the club I'd wait a few more weeks.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have time the remove most of the s*** high earners from the side (meaning a s*** unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  IMO they'd only do that if they have no idea about Football.

I think its quite possible that the buyers are holding on until Owen, Viduka etc contracts are up as theres at least a 1 million pound saving if the end of contract payment rumours are true, i know 1-2million is not a huge amount but it would pay 2 players 15k a week for a year, so if it was a case of holding on for 2-3 days then its sensible,  but as you say holding on any longer than the middle of this week is just crazy.

Unfortunately for them those payouts will be paid by the club and so will still be there to be dealt with by the new owners when they come in.

How so?

Every week MA pays the wages and bonuses and running costs it one less week of cash for the new owners to find....UNLESS MA is racking up some big debt somewhere to borrow the money to keep the club running.

Like a £40m overdraft with a bank ?

I am not sure if it can be compared to our situation but the Portsmouth takeover was announced in mid May and they don't expect it to be completed until late July at the earliest once all the checks etc have been carried out.  Although the press are hinting that the guy does not have the money so it may not happen.

Rational thinking suggests that if there are some 'interested parties' they realise they hold all the cards as they can just sit back till things get worse and pay even less. If I was buying the club I'd wait a few more weeks.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have time the remove most of the s*** high earners from the side (meaning a s*** unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  IMO they'd only do that if they have no idea about Football.

I think its quite possible that the buyers are holding on until Owen, Viduka etc contracts are up as theres at least a 1 million pound saving if the end of contract payment rumours are true, i know 1-2million is not a huge amount but it would pay 2 players 15k a week for a year, so if it was a case of holding on for 2-3 days then its sensible,  but as you say holding on any longer than the middle of this week is just crazy.

Unfortunately for them those payouts will be paid by the club and so will still be there to be dealt with by the new owners when they come in.

How so?

Every week MA pays the wages and bonuses and running costs it one less week of cash for the new owners to find....UNLESS MA is racking up some big debt somewhere to borrow the money to keep the club running.

Like a £40m overdraft with a bank ?

:aww:

truth is no-one knows anything, thats why this non disclosure agreement is in place.

They could be dotting the i's and crossing the t's as we speak or they could be miles apart and getting nowhere fast. One thing is for sure....this pointless chat bout keegan, ashley, administration, debt etc etc etc is getting very tedious.

Lets just wait and see what happens. i know its frustrating, I know its depressing but the truth is no-one knows anything. Especially not the media

You don't have to read it, you know. :dowie:

I think it's pretty interesting considering this is the future of the club we're speculating about.

You don't have to read it, you know. :dowie:

I think it's pretty interesting considering this is the future of the club we're speculating about.

exactly speculating about and it results in the same old arguments over and over again

Not particularly. You're not wrong about it being purely speculation but why shouldn't we? Like I said, if you don't want to read speculation don't come into this thread. If anything tangible happens you'll know about it. :thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

caulkin times

While nothing is set in stone, Keith Harris, the executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with finding a buyer for Newcastle, is optimistic that an outline deal could be announced within a week. He is presently is in talks with two parties who have demonstrated the wherewithal to approach Mike Ashley’s £100m asking price for the club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

'within a week' :rolleyes:

He's got about as much clue as the rest of us tbh.

Shame really, thought he was our best bet!

So, for someone who hasn't read this thread for about three pages (since about 11am?) could someone please summarise any developments, if any? Three pages seems a lot for about seven hours...

So, for someone who hasn't read this thread for about three pages (since about 11am?) could someone please summarise any developments, if any? Three pages seems a lot for about seven hours...

speculation, ....and i havent read if for about 3 weeks.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Chris Hughton is doing pre season training.

The club is no closer to being sold.

Nobody knows anything

227 pages (107 here and 120 Shearer) and as things stand:

- We have no manager

- We have no new owner or prospective buyer

- None of the players have gone

It's gonna be a long summer :lol:

Let's not do the whole Keegan thing again, please. :laugh:

Thats what you said in the Keegan thread so its just following you around its a highly emotive subject dont you know and the main crux of our problem  :snod:

I don't think Keegan's got much of a case, but if Ashley had to pay up he could hardly complain. His decision to back Wise and Llambiarse over Keegan has cost him millions, at least now staring into the abyss the fat fool must acknowledge it.

KK walked though, he wasn't sacked, in fact Ashley tried to bring him back and KK refused.

Tough s*** if KK didn't like Wise, it doesn't make him entitled to £8m of the clubs money because he cannot put personal differences aside, he knew someone was going to fill the role, he said so himself.

Ashley paniced coz his mod fkd up and he new KK would have him for a fortune, he was not willing to give KK what he promised him when he took the job, so no deal was struck when they met in London for talks.

God forbid something changes in the work environment. If everyone was like KK we'd all be unemployed as soon as we got our hours changed, or a expenses restructured or moved to a new location or job position.

Really though, it was more to do with the fact he didn't like Wise having a say on transfers than money spent on transfers; KK honestly thought he could walk in to our club being out of the game for a while and take control top to bottom with a man that only knows him on reputation.  :idiot2:

KK needed to work in the setup and let his authority grow day by day as he was getting it right, not demand all or nothing at the 1st barrier, businessmen don't work like that, they think with their heads and not their hearts, and the result was KK Vs Ashley, Heart Vs Head and no one won bar the mackems.

Shhhhh be quiet cos Tooj might read that your saying nasty things about Keegan and it makes him angry and you dont want to see Tooj angry  :slap:

I don't think Keegan's got much of a case, but if Ashley had to pay up he could hardly complain. His decision to back Wise and Llambiarse over Keegan has cost him millions, at least now staring into the abyss the fat fool must acknowledge it.

KK walked though, he wasn't sacked, in fact Ashley tried to bring him back and KK refused.

Tough s*** if KK didn't like Wise, it doesn't make him entitled to £8m of the clubs money because he cannot put personal differences aside, he knew someone was going to fill the role, he said so himself.

Ashley paniced coz his mod fkd up and he new KK would have him for a fortune, he was not willing to give KK what he promised him when he took the job, so no deal was struck when they met in London for talks.

God forbid something changes in the work environment. If everyone was like KK we'd all be unemployed as soon as we got our hours changed, or a expenses restructured or moved to a new location or job position.

Really though, it was more to do with the fact he didn't like Wise having a say on transfers than money spent on transfers; KK honestly thought he could walk in to our club being out of the game for a while and take control top to bottom with a man that only knows him on reputation.  :idiot2:

KK needed to work in the setup and let his authority grow day by day as he was getting it right, not demand all or nothing at the 1st barrier, businessmen don't work like that, they think with their heads and not their hearts, and the result was KK Vs Ashley, Heart Vs Head and no one won bar the mackems.

Ashley thinks???

I actually feel abit sick that we are into July on Wednesday and we have fuck all transfers sorted and no manager either :( I really can see us going down again now, nice one Ashley, he will be selling us for half a pint in some London boozer before he knows it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I really am concerned about the fact that the owners have not tried to push the deal through before July 1st. I know theres a lot to get through but surely competent, resourceful people can complete all of the necessary paperwork, diligence in a shorter space of time. The new owners should know the importance of a strong start, and the importance for them financially of bouncing straight back up at the first attempt. They obviously do not all want Shearer or he would have been appointed by now, which to me is a worry knowing the consequences of not appointing him.

If i was in a situation where i wanted to buy something that i know others want to buy as well, i would ensure that i had completed all of the relevant checks and submitted my offer in the shortest space of time. I do not believe for one minute that Ashley would pass up an offer of 60-80 mil when he is haemoraging money the way he is. By my calculations for every week he is in charge it will be costing him over a 1million pound in wages with no return.

I will be genuinely suprised if there is the level of interest in the club that Harris says there is. I think Harris is over in America because they are the only ones who are serious about the acquisition and they are becoming more and more disinterested prompting a panic trip from Harris.

The fact that Hughton has come out today and said he is focussed on pre season and he has been given a rolling contract along with Calderwood says to me the owner has no clue about the time frame involved

I really am concerned about the fact that the owners have not tried to push the deal through before July 1st. I know theres a lot to get through but surely competent, resourceful people can complete all of the necessary paperwork, diligence in a shorter space of time. The new owners should know the importance of a strong start, and the importance for them financially of bouncing straight back up at the first attempt. They obviously do not all want Shearer or he would have been appointed by now, which to me is a worry knowing the consequences of not appointing him.

If i was in a situation where i wanted to buy something that i know others want to buy as well, i would ensure that i had completed all of the relevant checks and submitted my offer in the shortest space of time. I do not believe for one minute that Ashley would pass up an offer of 60-80 mil when he is haemoraging money the way he is. By my calculations for every week he is in charge it will be costing him over a 1million pound in wages with no return.

I will be genuinely suprised if there is the level of interest in the club that Harris says there is. I think Harris is over in America because they are the only ones who are serious about the acquisition and they are becoming more and more disinterested prompting a panic trip from Harris.

The fact that Hughton has come out today and said he is focussed on pre season and he has been given a rolling contract along with Calderwood says to me the owner has no clue about the time frame involved

Nobody will pay 100m as is.

Nobody will pay 100m as is.

100m+ 100m debt= 200m