RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is shit. This is shit. This is shit. This is shit.

Honestly have a very bad feeling about this now. I'd take Freddie without a second thought now, that's how desperate I think we are.

If we go into administration then the administrators will sell the club within a week for peanuts.

There's absolutely no reason why Ashley will let that happen.  There will be a big player sell off before administration happens.   This month is key to that.

Its not beyond doubt that writing off all his debt as a loss could be worth more against his tax liability than he is actually able to get for the club

Nah that's BS, plus you don't have to go into administration to right of a tax loss. He can do that as soon as a loss has materialised, i.e when he sells his shares.

Guest helios_centric

Chris Hughton. Chris Hughton. One more time? Chris Hughton

Thanks, that was really worth the effort. Yes, I know it's Hughton - want me write it out a hundred times?

Honestly have a very bad feeling about this now. I'd take Freddie without a second thought now, that's how desperate I think we are.

Why are you getting so upset about the Profitable Group pulling out? IMO it's good news as they were nothing more than a bunch of publicity seeking shysters who would not have been any good for the club.

We just have to resign ourselves to more misery whilst Ashley continues to destroy the club and burn his own cash. He will eventually get bored or skint or both and fuck off and leave us to pick up the pieces. We will survive this so keep the faith.

Guest toonlass

The longer this whole fiasco continues the more I am beginning to think that Ashley is prepared to see us go to the wall. Think about his long, protracted, public fight with Dave Whelan. Ashley continues to attempt to humiliate and belittle the man at every opportunity. Why would he not do the same with Newcastle. He has the power to absolutely destroy the club if he wants. I cannot see this ending in a good way if I am honest and its tearing me up to see our club being destroyed by a greedy, selfish man who has no concept of what Newcastle United football club means to its supporters.

Guest rinaldo #18

Isn't there somone who can "take care" of Ashley for us? Plant a bomb in his helicopter or something.

Guest icemanblue

Chris Hughton. Chris Hughton. One more time? Chris Hughton

Thanks, that was really worth the effort. Yes, I know it's Hughton - want me write it out a hundred times?

Yeah, go on then.

Why are you getting so upset about the Profitable Group pulling out? IMO it's good news as they were nothing more than a bunch of publicity seeking shysters who would not have been any good for the club.

We just have to resign ourselves to more misery whilst Ashley continues to destroy the club and burn his own cash. He will eventually get bored or skint or both and fuck off and leave us to pick up the pieces. We will survive this so keep the faith.

It's not the Profitable Group pulling out--I agree that they were probably never 'in' in the first place--more the fact that the only news we seem to hear now is bad news and I really can't see how we're going to get this resolved before the end of the transfer window.

It's not the Profitable Group pulling out--I agree that they were probably never 'in' in the first place--more the fact that the only news we seem to hear now is bad news and I really can't see how we're going to get this resolved before the end of the transfer window.

End of the transfer window?  I can't see how this is going to be resolved before the end of time.

I dont think that Profitable Group have ever seriously been in the running to buy the club.

Personally I still think they're thrown their name out to the media as free publicity, allegedly all buyers who took part in due diligence signed a document to remain both annonymous and not to go public on their intentions which hardly explains Profitable Groups actions.

I dont think that Profitable Group have ever seriously been in the running to buy the club.

Personally I still think they're thrown their name out to the media as free publicity, allegedly all buyers who took part in due diligence signed a document to remain both annonymous and not to go public on their intentions which hardly explains Profitable Groups actions.

Wasn't it Lambiarse who announced they've pulled out though? So surely must have been in the running?

The longer this whole fiasco continues the more I am beginning to think that Ashley is prepared to see us go to the wall. Think about his long, protracted, public fight with Dave Whelan. Ashley continues to attempt to humiliate and belittle the man at every opportunity. Why would he not do the same with Newcastle. He has the power to absolutely destroy the club if he wants. I cannot see this ending in a good way if I am honest and its tearing me up to see our club being destroyed by a greedy, selfish man who has no concept of what Newcastle United football club means to its supporters.

I'm afraid you're wrong, Ashley does not have "the power to absolutely destroy the club" but he does have the power to drag us down a few divisions and that looks to be his gameplan.

The club will survive Ashley and, trying just to see the merest hint of silver in the blackest of clouds, a total clearout and starting again with a blank canvass might not be all bad.

Wasn't it Lambiarse who announced they've pulled out though? So surely must have been in the running?

they couldnt provide proof of funds or something

they couldnt provide proof of funds or something

This is the bit I don't get - wasn't it necessary to provide proof of funds before being allowed access to the data room and thus beginning the due diligence process?

I keep surprising myself that I keep managing to hate Mike Ashley even more than I already did. We've all said that it would have made complete sense appointing Shearer so the squad was in good shape for the start of the season and the fans are on board. He's fucked up yet again big time. Its clear he's not going to get what he wants for the club. I want to see them lot out of our club as quick as possible, but surely if he's not going to accept an offer less than £100m he could have just appointed Shearer and let him do his business in the transfer market. He didn't even have to fund much of it, he could have just let him sell before he buys. Alternatively he could have funded a promotion push with £10-20m and added it onto the amount he wants for the club then he could have been in a lot better position to get his £100m if we got promoted.