RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ToonBart

That's good timing.

I can't vouch for the veracity of the Moat bid. All I know is there is a meeting planned between BM and the GS party, and it will go ahead.

There has been no pressure on the US group to up their bid at all. That offer was accepted over a week ago and funds were lodged with lawyers. Due process looked at 7 days when i said last week.

I dont think any party is keen to talk to the press, who will write what they like anyway. I don't think Barry is as near as you all think, thereagain the two sides are dealing with a "maverick" owner.

Again, i await ridicule.

I thought yesterday you said they put the bid in last friday? accepted then - splitting hairs

Why do you think GS would like to speak to BM? - maybe it came the other way round

Do you know if the GS group also failed to meet Ashleys asking price of 100 mill. - matched

Why do you think none of the information you shared yesterday has found its way into any of the press, especially bearing in mind how vocal the GS group has been previously compared to the BM group.

You would have thought that the fact BM has offered less than GS would be newsworthy

I wonder why Caulkin/Bird/the Mail/the Chronicle have all got wind Moat's formal bid yet there's been nothing about this other one that's supposedly in. Seems strange.

this isn't exactly the most media friendly process. Who knows whats going on behind the scenes

Guest toonlass

I wonder why Caulkin/Bird/the Mail/the Chronicle have all got wind Moat's formal bid yet there's been nothing about this other one that's supposedly in. Seems strange.

this isn't exactly the most media friendly process. Who knows whats going on behind the scenes

No-one, anywhere

Guest ToonBart

Seymour Pierce

But thats SP not GS man???

In relation to the press feeds

Even so, your 7 day old news (you would have thought) would have made it into the news as well by now.

I realise that, it's just that as ToonBart pointed out this lot have hardly been shy about making claims to the press previously.

Stacks up that SP would leak it though tbf, the papers keeping saying Moat is their preferred bidder.

I realise that, it's just that as ToonBart pointed out this lot have hardly been shy about making claims to the press previously.

Stacks up that SP would leak it though tbf, the papers keeping saying Moat is their preferred bidder.

the claims previously were Llambias attempting to flush out interested buyers and generally being a pathetic excuse of a human being

Interesting snippet in the Journal:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/06/barry-moat-submits-written-offer-to-mike-ashley-61634-24860020/

The Journal also understands he has been advised to sell the club by Llambias.

Nice one Dekka.

You can just imagine it,

"Just sell the fakka Moike, them idiot Geordies aren't fallin for aar lies and tricks, just faak em and faak aff"

Are we owned by South Africans?

Guest ToonBart

Still cant get my head round why Moat would put a bid in for less than Geoff Sheards group.

He must be aware the 100 mill has already being met. It makes no sense.

Do you have a view why Moat would do this unless he has solid information that the GS bid is not realistic.

What is the score with Barclays and the overdraft. Does the GS group need it, have they been passed by Barclays?

Guest Geordiekev

Sadly this is all starting to look like more speculative bullshit, Another cruel spin just as we all got our sleeping habbit back on track...

Still cant get my head round why Moat would put a bid in for less than Geoff Sheards group.

He must be aware the 100 mill has already being met. It makes no sense.

Do you have a view why Moat would do this unless he has solid information that the GS bid is not realistic.

What is the score with Barclays and the overdraft. Does the GS group need it, have they been passed by Barclays?

Maybe trying to shave a bit off the price because of his preferred bidder status?

The thing I keep coming back to on this is that if I were Ashley I just would not sell now. He won't get his money back if we are promoted but he'll get a lot more back than he would if he sells right now. Ashley seems thick skinned enough not to give a s*** about being branded a liar and being hated - so why sell?