The England Thread

Pilko

Our fullbacks offer absolutely fuck all. They should be doing much more.

Really? Baines has been an option pretty much every time we go forward.

The problem is the lack of movement centrally. There was a passage there where Sturridge was being chased by 2 or 3 Honduras players and not one England player thought it might be an idea to help him out.

Absolutely turd performance against 10 man Honduras, but I look forward to the weather delay being used as an excuse.

Our fullbacks offer absolutely fuck all. They should be doing much more.

Really? Baines has been an option pretty much every time we go forward.

The problem is the lack of movement centrally. There was a passage there where Sturridge was being chased by 2 or 3 Honduras players and not one England player thought it might be an idea to help him out.

Absolutely turd performance against 10 man Honduras, but I look forward to the weather delay being used as an excuse.

Baines' runs have been getting ignored too often but against a team as poor as this you need more from him when he does get on the ball, his delivery has been consistently poor. I just want to see him taking more responsibility really as he has the quality to make a difference in a team lacking width.

Johnson has been better than his abortion of a performance against Peru, but still nowhere near convincing enough considering how much of the ball he's had.

I suppose a positive is that they've both had no trouble getting up and down.

I think Honduras have played as they will in Brazil and despite the late and dirty tackles they have looked well organised and hard to break down. England, have lacked creativity going forward and haven't been tested defensively. Based on our preparation I think we might do okay against Italy but will more than likely come unstuck against Uruguay. Can see us going into the Costa Rica game on just 1 point though with Italy and Uruguay only on 4. We will probably scrape past them but it may not be enough...