The England Thread

Pilko

Guest ToonUltra

Good SkyBet offer roped me in last night, bet £5 on any sporting fixture and recieve a free £10 bet! Champion. so, i stuck £5 on England to win 2-1 @ 8/1 and the free £10 bet on England to win by exactly 2 goals @ 5/1....

Bastards. Should have saved the free tenner bet for Saturday, could have got 8/1 for any draw at Citeh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rodwell is Everton's Jordan Henderson.

England did well to beat Spain, people went on about Spain's dominance in possession but Spain will dominate the ball whoever they play, even against Brazil. I think in a long time England looks solid in defence but boy are they boring. We'll probably scrape through the group at the Euros grinding out wins and draws but playing poorly then we'll face a big team and give it a realk heroes go only to fail on pens. The FA need to get rid of Capello now and hand the gig to Redknapp who could breath new life into the side. We have some exciting players and some good youngsters and we shoudl exploit that.

Fixtures for WC 2014 qualification released.

Moldova v England, Friday 7 September 2012.

England v Ukraine, Tuesday 11 September 2012.

England v San Marino, Friday 12 October 2012.

Poland v England, Tuesday 16 October 2012.

San Marino v England, Friday 22 March 2013.

Montenegro v England, Tuesday 26 March 2013.

England v Moldova, Friday 6 September 2013.

Ukraine v England, Tuesday 10 September 2013.

England v Montenegro, Friday 11 October 2013.

England v Poland, Tuesday 15 October 2013.

Disagree, Barry has had a few decent games for Man City recently but he's still just too sluggish to be risked. Parker's performance against Spain was very very good. I can't really see what Barry offers to be honest. I'm not Parker's biggest fan (the massive media crush on him is wildly OTT) but he's probably the best defensive midfielder we have right now