The England Thread

Pilko

We've never really played attractive football since Euro 96, and even then we a few pretty special attacking players.

This time we're playing to our strengths and will get as far as that allows. It might be being knocked out by Italy, but either way I can't really argue with how Hodgson is approaching it.

Guest neesy111

Anybody else missing the "good old days", when we used to have Joe Cole and Lampard having umpteen shots, mostly aimless from 20-30 yards out?

That was the Ukraine tonight.

The big question is simply how much money should I stick on Italy?

Truly woeful performance, no game plan, no cohesion and frail at the back. Ukraine can count themselves rather unlucky not take something from the game.

Looking ahead Italy may well be a more dangerous opponent than Spain. At least against the latter they could sit back and attempt to absorb a fairly constant passing game, it seems to suit England's players a wee bit more. Italy will be far more direct with set pieces and traditional wide men. Also if I were the Italien coaching staff I'd be wanting to fit Giovinco into the side as Scott Parker has been truly embarassing thus far.

Of course I've just realised how negative that sounds, the major postives for England being: a) they're through and b) they can't get any worse.

:lol:

It's ok mate, England will be out before long and you can sleep easy knowing we haven't won.

England were poor and Ukraine deserved something from the game = I hate England?

I admit I deeply dislike some of the England squad, but I'm generally indifferent towards their overall progress. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest they can overturn Italy, fair play if they somehow manage it.

Truly woeful performance, no game plan, no cohesion and frail at the back. Ukraine can count themselves rather unlucky not take something from the game.

Looking ahead Italy may well be a more dangerous opponent than Spain. At least against the latter they could sit back and attempt to absorb a fairly constant passing game, it seems to suit England's players a wee bit more. Italy will be far more direct with set pieces and traditional wide men. Also if I were the Italien coaching staff I'd be wanting to fit Giovinco into the side as Scott Parker has been truly embarassing thus far.

Of course I've just realised how negative that sounds, the major postives for England being: a) they're through and b) they can't get any worse.

It's ok mate, England will be out before long and you can sleep easy knowing we haven't won.

England were poor and Ukraine deserved something from the game = I hate England?

I admit I deeply dislike some of the England squad, but I'm generally indifferent towards their overall progress. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest they can overturn Italy, fair play if they somehow manage it.

Your comments generally suggest you revel in criticising England and can't wait to knock them down - anything but indifferent.

I get that people think there are twats in the England squads, I agree with that. What I don't get is why so many people seemingly take pleasure in seeing us fail, which is different to not really caring.

Your comments generally suggest you revel in criticising England and can't wait to knock them down - anything but indifferent.

I get that people think there are twats in the England squads, I agree with that. What I don't get is why so many people seemingly take pleasure in seeing us fail, which is different to not really caring.

I'm hardly revelling in it, just calling it how I see it.

Guest neesy111

I'm with the Prophet here tbh.  I don't hate England but the whole bandwagon around the team is ridiculous, just had motd on and they are on about winning it FFS.

It's proof of how diverse and weird England is that we can criticise people for being overly negative, too positive, not backing the team and thinking we're going to win it all at the same time. Not to mention saying we don't have very good players and simultaneously saying we should be playing attractive football. Vive la difference.

Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Not particularly fussed, which is sad really. Just want to see a decent match more than anything.

People enjoy watching twats fail?

I don't understand that holding in the context of it being your own country.

Guest neesy111

You do realise many English people hate England as a country?

Personally, I don't think Terry et co represent my country. To each their own though, I s'pose.

:lol: I'm very aware of it, yes.

Guest neesy111

:lol: I'm very aware of it, yes.

Just checking. :thup:

Guest Spark

I'm well behind this pack of average c***s now like. They've earned it with topping the group.

Indeed.

Same. I like Hodgson, too, which helps a lot.

Personally, I don't think Terry et co represent my country. To each their own though, I s'pose.

:thup: