The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Gino14

Andy Townsend is the worst co commentator I've ever heard

I'd still say Ray Wilkins and Niall Quinn are worse.  Wilkins for his "Cabaye still faking his injury on that stretcher" work.  Quinn for saying things in the derby like "That might have been onside, but I'm not sure." as the picture shows Cisse two yards onside.

Chris Waddle "A set-piece caused the problems initially and San Marino just couldn't clear their lines. And Wayne Rooney put that away with class. A top penalty kick - nobody saves those. Very good. The scoreline is good but the performance has not been great."

:lol:

Guest Gino14

Chambers has looked awful.  Have to question the merits of even playing defenders against this lot as well.  Four set defenders who have only touched the ball about twice in their own half.

Chambers has looked awful.  Have to question the merits of even playing defenders against this lot as well.  Four set defenders who have only touched the ball about twice in their own half.

Aye, might as well stick Lambert or Lallana or there or something, complete waste of time playing four defenders against these.

Guest Gino14

Aye, might as well stick Lambert or Lallana or there or something, complete waste of time playing four defenders against these.

Maybe keep Cahill, but have an attacking midfielder and at least two wingers instead of fullbacks.  We're not actually playing wingers in midfield, so Chambers is wide all the time and his crossing is hideous so far.

Guest Gino14

This is pretty rubbish.  Instead of being clinical and well prepared to put on a show, we're treating it like a training game.

Playing again in less than 3 days, mind.

Fair point.  I wouldn't say maximum effort is needed though, just a bit more concentration when they're around the box.