Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest ObaStar

The German league is a lot worse. You see it in the Uefa cup too, whenever the english teams take it seriously, they rape everyone. It is only when it gets to the end of the year and the english teams have to put put their B teams in order to not fall down the league here that they loose

Read that one...

http://www.young-germany.de/news-verwaltung/news-singleview/article/b02e4a45cb/bundesliga-has-highest-average-attendances-in-the-world.html?no_cache=1

For the 8th year running Germanys top two soccer leagues recorded an increase in the number of spectators, with 17,580,821 attending matches. Germany's top league, the Bundesliga, clocked up an average of nearly 42,000 fans per match meaning it not only has the highest average attendances for soccer leagues in Europe, but in the world also.

We've got the fourth highest attendance in England.  We're shit.  Attendance means nothing.

Guest The German

The German league is a lot worse. You see it in the Uefa cup too, whenever the english teams take it seriously, they rape everyone. It is only when it gets to the end of the year and the english teams have to put put their B teams in order to not fall down the league here that they loose

ehm... no

The top four teams in England make the quarter finals, along with the top two in Spain. Is this a reflection of the strength of those leagues as a whole? Probably not as for the most part these teams ritually wank over every other team in their leagues through continuous investment and playing in the CL. So the CL being dominated by these teams doesn't necessarily equate to their leagues being 'stronger' but in fact just those teams being stronger if you get my drift.

Still, on the whole, team for team I'm not sure the German league would match up to the strength of ours, but having seen the quality on show, I don't think it'd be miles off.

The top four teams make it because they have qualified.  The same as everywhere else.  The team that gets furthest in the competition from Germany is mostly Bryan Munich, and they generally get humped somewhere around the quarters.

With regards to quality throughout league, every season there is at least one team in our league that gets something from each of the big four when they are not supposed to.  Only the Arse have managed to go thorugh a banana-skin free season.  Only the cream rises to the top throughout the year.  We were once in there, as were Leeds, Blackburn and Forest.  This year there are going to be the largest number of teams in this league that are challenging for the top spots.

You think it's a strange one that a player jumped at the chance to leave a relegated English team to play for the German champions? Really?

Norwegian teams beats German teams in Europe. Bar Bayern the quality of the Bundesliga has fallen lower than I could imagine, end even Bayern are limping now.

Guest The German

You think it's a strange one that a player jumped at the chance to leave a relegated English team to play for the German champions? Really?

Norwegian teams beats German teams in Europe. Bar Bayern the quality of the Bundesliga has fallen lower than I could imagine, end even Bayern are limping now.

Ok. When? Only remember a draw of Chelsea against Rosenborg Trondheim at home at the last days of Mourinho's reign...

Ok. When? Only remember a draw of Chelsea against Rosenborg Trondheim at home at the last days of Mourinho's reign...

Since when is Chelsea a German team? :lol:

That was so around 5-10 years ago. But things have changed. If you would have seen Bundesliga the last 2-3 seasons you would know that it was rubbish what u said. Bundesliga gets better and better, from the Fans and attendence side it already is the best league in the world, and the quality is also not that far away no more from England and Spain. Then swappin for the league champions who play Champions league makes sense, but not at all. They have Grafite, who scored 28 Goals and 11 Assists by only 25 Matches last season, and Dzeko of who Wolfsburg rejected a 25 millions bid, who scored 26 Goals and 10 Assists by 32 Matches last season. They never played with 3 strikers and they wont do it now too so Martins will only be sittin on the bench. Hm? Tho we don't have winter break no more since that season so he will miss as much matches as he would have missed in England.

Fine.  Tell me that when it comes to the Champions League quarters and Wolfsberg are still there, then I will admit I was wrong.  I must have missed those seasons when The Champions late stages were dominated by German teams, instead of English and Spanish clubs, it's getting that close in terms of quality.

Sssssh man, as all us Newcastle fans know high attendances and a good set of supporters gets you everywhere.  :doh:

I thought I remembered a report not so long ago looking at attendances and it had the Premiership first, La Liga second, Bundesliga third, Championship fourth and Serie A fifth.  Can't remember which season it was but it must have been recentish.

Tbf, the German league was a lot more exciting than the English, Spanish and Italian league last season.  It's not as bad as people here are making it out to be.  The football the play is a lot like the English style.  Their league is recovering after a big recession and is getting closer to top 3 (English, Spanish, Italian).

Why is this about the quality of the Bundesliga? Ashley wants Oba off the wage bill, Wolfsburg are the only one's in for him. Their league doesn't have the money ours has but look where we are. It is cheap to watch football in Germany & they get good crowds as a result. Good luck to them.

I saw us over in Frankfurt, we were awful (having qualified already), they weren't very good, the ground was great and so was the atmosphere. Fuck knows where they all went afterwards; certainly wasn't the pubs we were in.

Guest Stephen927

Not surprised that the Bundesliga has high attendances due to the terraces and a much lower price than the average price for a Premiership game.

Read that one...

http://www.young-germany.de/news-verwaltung/news-singleview/article/b02e4a45cb/bundesliga-has-highest-average-attendances-in-the-world.html?no_cache=1

For the 8th year running Germanys top two soccer leagues recorded an increase in the number of spectators, with 17,580,821 attending matches. Germany's top league, the Bundesliga, clocked up an average of nearly 42,000 fans per match meaning it not only has the highest average attendances for soccer leagues in Europe, but in the world also.

We've got the fourth highest attendance in England.  We're shit.  Attendance means nothing.

Third ;)

Guest The German

According to all german news here (Wolfsburg is 30 km away) he even underwent his medical and is now to visit the town and discuss the contract in the evenin...

I got ridiculed a few months ago for saying Martins would get bought by a decent team. If this transfer comes off, I'd say moving to the champions of the Bundesliga (with Champions League football) is a step up from going to a mid-table Premier League, Serie A or La Liga team. It's a bit like Matt Derbyshire going to Olympiacos F.C only to a much better league.