PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont fancy getting promted and playing Sunderland tbh. I think they could embarass us  :undecided:

Our slow turgid cloggers couldn't live with them, just as they couldn't live with us a few years ago when we used to have a team of thoroughbreds and they had the cart horses.

Guest saintscoobz

Is anyone else enjoying life in the champioship?  I think even if we were to win the league we should tell the premiership we dont want to take the promotion.  Id much rather be spending 20 quid watching us beat Scunthorpe on a tuesday night than spending 50 quid to see us getting spanked by a bunch of over paid prima donnas of the likes of chelsea. maybe

Guest WashyGeordie

Is anyone else enjoying life in the champioship?  I think even if we were to win the league we should tell the premiership we dont want to take the promotion.  Id much rather be spending 20 quid watching us beat Scunthorpe on a tuesday night than spending 50 quid to see us getting spanked by a bunch of over paid prima donnas of the likes of chelsea. maybe

Well, we haven't played them yet and so far we've got beat off average teams such as Forest and Blackpool.

I dont fancy getting promoted and playing Sunderland tbh. I think they could embarass us  :undecided:

There's a common theme with Bruce's team, wherever he goes he seems to start off extremely well, but after a while he goes stale and he's teams tend to. That happened at Brum and it was happening at Wigan. I think that's partly why he's moved around so much.

Not saying that Sunderland wouldn't roll us pretty badly, the signing of Bent I think is a masterstroke. They are a good prem team now and all credit to Bruce for transforming them form the crap they were last year. But I would worry about longevity of it all, if I were a Mackem (perish the thought).

• 1 month later...

9 points from 7th as well. Only a complete collapse will see us not in contention for promotion come the end of the season and I just cant see it coming when the opposition is so bad half the time.

This is the key. And the reason why I think we'll go up.

I dont fancy getting promoted and playing Sunderland tbh. I think they could embarass us  :undecided:

There's a common theme with Bruce's team, wherever he goes he seems to start off extremely well, but after a while he goes stale and he's teams tend to. That happened at Brum and it was happening at Wigan. I think that's partly why he's moved around so much.

Not saying that Sunderland wouldn't roll us pretty badly, the signing of Bent I think is a masterstroke. They are a good prem team now and all credit to Bruce for transforming them form the crap they were last year. But I would worry about longevity of it all, if I were a Mackem (perish the thought).

Sunderland are lightyears ahead of us atm. Could very well last longer than we'd all like. Better football today (relatively). More of the same and the threat of the Nolanator is looking positive

Sunderland are lightyears ahead of us atm. Could very well last longer than we'd all like. Better football today (relatively). More of the same and the threat of the Nolanator is looking positive

They are not light years ahead of us man .  If they were like Arsenal or Chelsea aye.   :lol:

Gimp is my new favourite poster now that I can see Dannii Minogue every time he post

Nowt to do with the content of my posts, its just cos i have fatbox as my av.

Its always image with you isn't it!

Gimp is my new favourite poster now that I can see Dannii Minogue every time he post

You're posts are top class as well :shifty:

You're posts are top class as well :shifty:

:shifty:

Stability. An owner who won't just sign loan players. A top class goalscorer. Management thats in full control. I'd say they were a fair way if i was being realistic.

They are not light years ahead of us man .  If they were like Arsenal or Chelsea aye.   :lol:

They're on a brilliant run of form (a bit like Hull were for most of last season), but if anyone truly thinks they're as good as their current results might suggest they're fucking nuts.  Definitely better then us at the moment of course.