PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To even get to 90 points which would be likely be good enough to win the league, we could drop 33 points between now the season ending, that's 11 defeats  :yikes:

Keep Colli and Taylor fit we wont lose that many.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking as someone who hasnt, for one reason or another, had chance to watch us this season, I just cant get my head around whats happening.

We are clear leaders in the league, yet every week, I hear the majority of opinion on here say that we are poor - average at best, that no player is standing out, the style of play is horrible (long ball) and that the managers decisions and team selections, on the whole, are questionable. How can this be the story of a successful team ?

Whenever the next fixture comes around, all I find myself thinking about is how devastatingly demoralising next season could be if we get promoted.

Its very confusing to know what I want each game.... the natural emotion first and foremost, is always to win. However, I find myself wondering if its better that we draw or lose to avoid horrible humiliation next season (and at the hands of Sunderland, which is my greatest fear).  :undecided:

It's fairly safe to say we'll be promoted but fuck knows whether or not we'll win the league. We can't seem to maintain any kind of form one way or another - even when we won all those games in a row we never stuck to a pattern of play and were inconsistent.

It's fairly safe to say we'll be promoted but fuck knows whether or not we'll win the league. We can't seem to maintain any kind of form one way or another - even when we won all those games in a row we never stuck to a pattern of play and were inconsistent.

Fortunately everyone else is like that, WBA are probably worse tbh because they look a LOT better us at times but are still 6 points behind somehow.

Fortunately everyone else is like that, WBA are probably worse tbh because they look a LOT better us at times but are still 6 points behind somehow.

And once again, agree 100%.

I'll be happy enough to take any amount of luck we get - we've had buggerall for quite a few seasons now.

• 1 month later...

I so can't be arsed with play-offs, though obviously we'd have a good chance of winning them.

It's obvious that we'd fuck it up.

:thup:

I was emailing a very decent Derby fan on Wednesday and he seemed to think we'd go up with no bother. I mentioned avoiding the playoffs, and he said there was nothing like seeing your team promoted at Wembley. To which I replied that would clearly not happen for us.  :lol:

It's automatic promotion or nothing. We absolutely will not win the play-offs, don't even contemplate it.

I'm hovering around 3 or 4 now. Optimistically, I'd hope that Carroll goal might spur them on like that 1-1 draw at Birmingham a few years back. I think we should get around 90 points, whether thatll be enough to go up we'll have to find out....