PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We were one goal away from going up this afternoon. Had we got a late winner then we'd have been virtually up imo. 

With our goal difference situation, Forest would have needed 4 wins more than us whether we'd won or drawn today.

11 points would have been massive though.  :snod:

I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about winning the league. Seeing the likes of Smith, Butt and Nolan parading the trophy around the ground at the last home game would be a bit wierd seeing as they were the ones who took us down in the first place. They would be righting a wrong but it wouldn't be anything to get carried away with.

Serious question - If we didn't go up this season but we managed to do it next year (or two years down the line) and Smith, Butt and Nolan were parading the trophy around the ground, would you still feel is was weird to celebrate?

Fingers crossed, I would absolutely love to see the club celebrate going up as champions. :celb:

Yep.

Doesn't feel right slapping ourselves on the back for winning a league we shouldn't even be competing in in the first place.

We were one goal away from going up this afternoon. Had we got a late winner then we'd have been virtually up imo. 

With our goal difference situation, Forest would have needed 4 wins more than us whether we'd won or drawn today.

I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about winning the league. Seeing the likes of Smith, Butt and Nolan parading the trophy around the ground at the last home game would be a bit wierd seeing as they were the ones who took us down in the first place. They would be righting a wrong but it wouldn't be anything to get carried away with.

Serious question - If we didn't go up this season but we managed to do it next year (or two years down the line) and Smith, Butt and Nolan were parading the trophy around the ground, would you still feel is was weird to celebrate?

Fingers crossed, I would absolutely love to see the club celebrate going up as champions. :celb:

Yep.

Doesn't feel right slapping ourselves on the back for winning a league we shouldn't even be competing in in the first place.

But we are competing in this league, and after the shite of last season, deservedly so. If a new manager can pull those same players into a cohesive team that can get us back at the first attempt, the manager, and for me, those players deserve that slap on the back. We have no devine right to be back in the Premiership, the team has had to work hard for it.

Sorry, it was a bit of a stupid question i know, but there must be a limit to the number of years would we have to be in lower tier football for you celebrate going up.

Yep.

But we are competing in this league, and after the shite of last season, deservedly so. If a new manager can pull those same players into a cohesive team that can get us back at the first attempt, the manager, and yes, those players deserve that slap on the back imho. We have no devine right to be back in the Premiership, the team has had to work hard for it.

Fair enough. :thup:

No-one has said we have a divine right to be in the Premier League but after having competed in it for the last 17 years or so, you'll forgive me for being a bit apathetic towards it. Finishing 21st in the league ladder doesn't constitute a great season imo.

Fair enough. :thup:

No-one has said we have a divine right to be in the Premier League but after having competed in it for the last 17 years or so, you'll forgive me for being a bit apathetic towards it. Finishing 21st in the league ladder doesn't constitute a great season imo.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but every season is a blank slate and beating 23 other teams to the top spot is an achievement whatever league you're in. I'll be beaming if we pull it off.

We stood on the brink of complete implosion. After the relegation, it would have been very easy (and typical) for us to fall apart as a team and flounder in mid table.

Many, many long-time Premiership clubs have failed to make the expected quick return and have disappeared into the Football League over the past few years. We have every right to be proud of coming back at first time of asking. (Assuming that it actually happens, of course)

We stood on the brink of complete implosion. After the relegation, it would have been very easy (and typical) for us to fall apart as a team and flounder in mid table.

Many, many long-time Premiership clubs have failed to make the expected quick return and have disappeared into the Football League over the past few years. We have every right to be proud of coming back at first time of asking. (Assuming that it actually happens, of course)

proud, happy, yes but it wont be celebrated the way the last one was or would be if we'd been down longer (and no that doesn't mean i'd want to do that)

Agree with this totally. I'm going to be thrilled if (when) we get promoted. If we win the title, all the better. We're a Championship side, whether we like it or not, so winning the Championship is a major title, as far as I'm concerned.

Guest sittingontheball

I didn't think we'd do anything like as well as this. I don't think we look that impressive either, but the results keep coming and that's what matters. Roll on promotion!

A freaky one is Swansea who are fourth and should get into the playoffs in spite of being the league's lowest goalscorers. They've only got 31 in 36 games. They've failed to score in thirteen games, but salvaged a point in eight of them. Nine 1-0 wins as well.

HOME: 5 games left. W2 D2 L1 (to forest)

AWAY: 6 games left. W2 D2 L2

that poor run of form gives us 16 points and a total of 89 points. 90 if you take goal difference into account.

Then Forest need 26 points from 10 games, which is W8 D2 L0. That simply will not happen.

WE'RE GOING UP!!!!!!

HOME: 5 games left. W2 D2 L1 (to forest)

AWAY: 6 games left. W2 D2 L2

that poor run of form gives us 16 points and a total of 89 points. 90 if you take goal difference into account.

Then Forest need 26 points from 10 games, which is W8 D2 L0. That simply will not happen.

WE'RE GOING UP!!!!!!

Realistically yes but I am such a pessimist, predictions like that scare me  :undecided:

Smith only started 4 games last season, and Nolan 10 in a new team, so not sure why you're singling those 2 out. Why not pick on the ones who played 20+ games like Coloccini, Enrique, Taylor, Gutierrez & Guthrie.

Smith and Nolan can barely move, it was our midfield which was a massive problem last season.

I must be the only one who doesn't give a s*** about winning the league. Seeing the likes of Smith, Butt and Nolan parading the trophy around the ground at the last home game would be a bit wierd seeing as they were the ones who took us down in the first place. They would be righting a wrong but it wouldn't be anything to get carried away with.

Smith only started 4 games last season, and Nolan 10 in a new team, so not sure why you're singling those 2 out. Why not pick on the ones who played 20+ games like Coloccini, Enrique, Taylor, Gutierrez & Guthrie.

I chose those two (and Butt) because, by and large, our CM is the most disappointing part of the team. The others you've mentioned are also playing well nearly every game whereas the standard of Smith's and Butt's play hasn't really improved. At least the likes of Coloccini, Gutierrez et al have looked like they're playing in the wrong league this year.

I could also have picked on some of the wankers/wasters who left last summer too but Smith, Nolan and Butt seem to be classic examples of the malaise on the park over the last few years. Slow, immobile, plodders signed for biggish money on lucrative contracts who are going through the motions. Nolan is partly excused because of his goals but his overall contribution to games is pretty negligible.

I take your point though.  :thup: 

Guest The_Scoreboard

9 Pts clear of Forest with 2 games in hand = possible 15 points clear with 9 games left (after in-hand games) . :celb: Permission to get excited please :iamatwat:

9 Pts clear of Forest with 2 games in hand = possible 15 points clear with 9 games left (after in-hand games) . :celb: Permission to get excited please :iamatwat:

Hang fire until at least tomorrow night Mr Scoreboard  O0

Guest The_Scoreboard

Hang fire until at least tomorrow night Mr Scoreboard  O0

Formality O0

Guest The_Scoreboard

9 Pts clear of Forest with 2 games in hand = possible15 points clear with 9 games left (after in-hand games) . :celb: Permission to get excited please :iamatwat:

Permission rejected, not yet.

:weep:

9 Pts clear of Forest with 2 games in hand = possible15 points clear with 9 games left (after in-hand games) . :celb: Permission to get excited please :iamatwat:

Yeah settle down cupcake.

Lets not give each other blowjobs yet.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Yeah settle down cupcake.

Lets not give each other blowjobs yet at all.

bristol doncaster reading, qpr and plymouth (towards the end of the season) will be hard away games with reading seemingly doing well, plymouth in a relegation scrap and QPR with warnock and a good squad could be heading for the playoffs. Doncaster are in 8th so will definately give us a game, and its the sort of game we will slip up in. Bristol are on poor form at the moment, so Id hope for 3 points there. Id back us to gain maximum points from most if not all of our home fixtures, its just the away fixtures that are unpredictable.

west brom have to play boro and leicester at home, which will be tough but youd still back them to win.

i reckon with the slightly better goal difference, the 1 extra point and the 2 games in hand, we'd have enough to win the league. However, it will go to nearly the end i think. good thing forest are almost dead and buried!