PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking back, I don't think there was ever going to be a mid ground. With that squad, we were either going to piss promotion, or if they'd continued feeling sorry for themselves and not given a shit we'd have battled relegation. Once it became clear that the latter was not going to be the case, there was only one outcome.

i agree nut. i truley feared the bad version.i didnt blame the players- the running of the club was a fucking shambles.

i was expecting us to come 2nd with WBA to win it. They seem like they know this league better, and I didnt have faith in Hughton as a manager, but was expecting our squad to have enough for automatic promotion. pleasantly  slightly surprised that Hughton has done so well this year.

It's amazing that this time of the season is the only situation ever where we want our rivals to win :lol:

Yes but only to fuck up Boro's chances of getting into the play off's and nothing to do with the fact of us wrapping up 1st position for ourselves.

If WBA fail to win on Saturday and we win the title without playing it is still because we deserved to win the title throughout the season.

I got a bit of time on the beer after today's game, so here's my bet.

You win this, and we win the CL, and I buy a magpie "Messi" shirt.

Still intending to honor this, now that you have met your part of the bargain.

I think Mourinho will save you a few Euro. :thup:

• 5 years later...

We'll be the big fish in the Championship (again) and will be able to make good signings for that league. I think we'll definitely do well again but having Villa and Sunderland there as well is a problem. The mackems have plenty of experience down there and Villa will be another big pull. It'll be the 3 of us fighting for the top 2 places. So fucking typical that when Villa and the mackems finally go down we fucking go down with them. :lol:

We'll be the big fish in the Championship (again) and will be able to make good signings for that league. I think we'll definitely do well again but having Villa and Sunderland there as well is a problem. The mackems have plenty of experience down there and Villa will be another big pull. It'll be the 3 of us fighting for the top 2 places. So fucking typical that when Villa and the mackems finally go down we fucking go down with them. :lol:

You would think so but they haven't been down there for a decade, we were there more recently than them! Agree they're better equipped to cope though, at least they have some players with a bit of fight in them.

Not sure about Villa, a lot depends on whether their owner is arsed about trying to get back up or just continues to leave them to rot.

Honestly think we'll struggle, there won't be any money for new signings so we'll be left to manage with whatever set of misfits and bottlers we have left once those who can get a move have shipped out - we just don't have the character in the squad we had last time.