Kinnear return denied by the club

Nicky

Kinnear left Newcastle after suffering a heart attack earlier in the year

Joe Kinnear will not return to Newcastle as the club's new manager, sources at the club said today.

A report claimed the 62-year-old has been asked to take charge at St James' Park for the second time as Mike Ashley struggles to offload the club he put up for sale days after relegation to the Coca-Cola Championship was confirmed.

However, sources at Tyneside have insisted that is not the case and efforts to secure a deal with prospective buyers, who will then appoint their own manager, are ongoing.

Fans' favourite Alan Shearer remains at the end of a telephone line just waiting for a call after making his position on the vacancy clear.

However, Ashley, who held talks with the 38-year-old before deciding to sell the club, has his hands tied with those consortia leading the race to buy him out insisting it is they who will make any appointment.

In the meantime, coach Chris Hughton is acting as caretaker for the third time in less than a year with assistance from Colin Calderwood.

Kinnear arrived on Tyneside last September in the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure, much to the astonishment of the football world, and presided over a difficult period in the club's turbulent recent history.

The Magpies won four of the 20 games for which he was in charge before he succumbed to heart problems once again hours before a 3-2 Barclays Premier League victory at West Brom.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/Headlines/0,,12555~1722708,00.html

Thank fuck for that, when I read that DM story last night, I thought it may have been true. The only reason this would happen is the takeover had fallen through.

You can bet you rbottom doller that if it does fall through, he will be appointed, becasue he's a yes man and hasn't got the bottle to ask for a transfer kitty.

Thank fuck!

I get into work, see this headline on the first page that he maybe back and almost gip over my keyboard!

Then skip to page 6 and the relief is amazing!  I mean Ashley is a dumb fuck but he'd never be this dumb as it would cause riots!

Guest GAMMELL

Shower of kunts are just delaying the inevitable in my opinion... this mug will get the job a week before the new campaign begins