Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I have to say that those kind of goals always look like the keeper should save them - Krul wasn't far off his line, the cross was floated, the header was slow and loopy etc, but they seem to go in quite regularly so there must be something that's difficult about them to save that I haven't quite figured out.

True - but I just thought he could have anticipated it a bit better.  As I said, the cross was floating over and it was fairly clear that Crouch would win the header.  And Crouch could only really score in one way.  Possibly being harsh on Krul, but it looked like it could have been saved.

I thought it was more that Krul started to come and hesitated, something he does quite often TBH.  He seems to mistime/misjudge a lot of crosses.  He then never really got back into position and seemed to just be in no man's land, allowing Crouch to loop it over him.  He should have done a lot better IMO.

That said, he made a very decent save to keep it 0-0 and saved again later on from Walters.

He's a good keeper.  But I agree with others who have said they expected him to develop and play at a higher level then he is currently. 

Funny that Tim did nothing but publically defend Pardew when here.

In fact, he was 'enraged' about the Pardew Out banners to such an extent at Southampton that he complained to Carver about them, prompting the confrontation.

In fact, he was 'enraged' about the Pardew Out banners to such an extent at Southampton that he complained to Carver about them, prompting the confrontation.

Not a lot of players would criticise a manager while the manager is still in the job

Not a lot of players would criticise a manager while the manager is still in the job

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4194437.stm

THE BELLAMY BUSINESS

FRIDAY:

Craig Bellamy, unhappy at playing in midfield, walks out of training saying he is injured

Graeme Souness, Bellamy and chairman Freddie Shepherd hold a summit meeting

SUNDAY:

Bellamy left out of squad to play Arsenal

Graeme Souness says on TV Bellamy walked out of training faking injury

Bellamy responds by saying on TV he was fit to play

MONDAY:

Bellamy gives a TV interview in which he accuses Souness of lying

Shepherd says Bellamy is cheating the club and their supporters

TUESDAY:

Bellamy fined two weeks' wages by Newcastle but not put on transfer list

Legend.

Point being what? He tongued his arsehole frequently. There's nothing whatsoever to admire about Tim Krul's attitude towards Pardew. As per usual he's point scoring.

:jesuswept:

Tim Krul says that Newcastle fans should give Carver more time to prove himself and says that Newcastle’s three-match unbeaten run could easily have yielded nine points had they had a bit more fortune in recent games.

“We very much believe in what John and Stoney do, and we have shown that on the pitch,” the Holland goalkeeper said.

“We’re three games unbeaten, and we should have won last week against Stoke. We gave it away. We could have won (against Palace), and we could have had nine points and three clean sheets.

“We have to look at the positives. I think there are a few out there maybe giving John a hard time, but we could have had nine points.”