Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

If we can just get Cheik back, it'll relieve some of the pressure. Probably two or three games away from fielding Coloccini/Williamson which would calm my nerves and give Krul a clean sheet or two - if we're lucky.

Incredibly unlucky to have our three best CBs injured, I'm sure Timmy understands the situation and don't whine about it.

Thought Krul was average on Saturday, should have done better for the 3 goals

What game were you watching?

Krul average :lol: Sturridge could have had about ten goals were it not for Krul saving from him every single time, five or six times one-on-one from close range too.

http://i.digiguide.tv/up/1105/1305230400-800398-ExtremeFi-13049333920.jpg

Thought Krul was average on Saturday, should have done better for the 3 goals

What game were you watching?

Krul average :lol: Sturridge could have had about ten goals were it not for Krul saving from him every single time, five or six times one-on-one from close range too.

http://i.digiguide.tv/up/1105/1305230400-800398-ExtremeFi-13049333920.jpg

http://www.me-me-me.tv/images/2009/03/robson-green8.jpg

I raise with a naked Robson Green.

Tim Krul wants to stay at Newcastle for a 'long time' and has set his sights on winning a first-team place for Holland in time for Euro 2012.

The goalkeeper has emerged as one of the best in the business in the Premier League this season and at just 23 years of age still has plenty of time to develop.

Krul's form has seen him linked with a January move to Manchester United, where he performed heroics in November to earn Newcastle a draw.

But the Dutchman is fully committed at St James' Park and wants to repay the faith shown by boss Alan Pardew.

Ahead of Saturday's home match against Swansea, when Newcastle will aim to end a four-game winless run, Krul said in the Daily Mirror: "The manager has always insisted that if you're good enough, then it doesn't matter how old you are. I've always firmly believed in that myself, and I'm just glad I've got my chance.

"Maybe in the past, 'keepers have traditionally been a lot older, but there are some top young goalkeepers around now and that's very important.

"I want to stay at this club for a long, long time and, hopefully, because I am still only 23, I can do that.

"I am loving life, and going to places like Old Trafford is special.

"Every game is bringing new challenges for me and it's up to me to keep rising to those challenges. I'm very pleased with my game at the moment and with the way things are going. To be honest, I couldn't have wished for better.

"We are answering a lot of questions as a team this season and everyone is playing their part."

Krul also hopes his form for Newcastle can help him overtake Roma's Maarten Stekelenburg and Swansea's Michel Vorm ahead of Euro 2012, where Holland are among the favourites to win the competition.

Asked about the European Championship, Krul said: "To be in the squad for Euro 2012 would be the icing on the cake after what will hopefully be a successful season with Newcastle.

"I can't rest on my laurels and I can't allow myself to relax, because I know Steve Harper and Rob Elliot are there to push me.

"I can't rest easy because I need to be on top of my game week in, week out."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7378561/Krul-wants-Newcastle-stay

:aww:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rey Mysterio

I'd give Craig Bellamy 100 free kicks from 30 yards out, with or without a wall, his choice, and I'd be stunned if he beat Krul with more than 2 or 3. Not a chance in hell we should have had a man back on the line for that one.

My only criticism of Krul tonight is that he didn't take the glorious chance to knock Simpson's head off with a punch ('I err how you say, meant to hit the ball') whilst the stupid cunt was stood on his toes.

Guest Rey Mysterio

My only criticism of Krul tonight is that he didn't take the glorious chance to knock Simpson's head off with a punch ('I err how you say, meant to hit the ball') whilst the stupid cunt was stood on his toes.

:lol: