Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

The closest a keeper has come to scoring a goal for us in my time is Mike Hooper versus Everton (a) 93-94  :lol:

i've seen a newcastle keeper score a few for us. in fact there's been a few. in full competitive league games.

Every keeper is capable of producing brilliant saves, it's their job

steve hardwick proves thats wrong.

Just wiki'd him . How did he score 8 goals ? Did he take pens?

probably O.G's.

did he score 8 goals ? no idea how. never scored for us.

Its BS. Probably him keeping himself amused.

The closest a keeper has come to scoring a goal for us in my time is Mike Hooper versus Everton (a) 93-94  :lol:

i've seen a newcastle keeper score a few for us. in fact there's been a few. in full competitive league games.

care to elaborate matey

care to elaborate matey

well at first i thought kevin brock. then i thought peter beardsley and chris waddle.

No idea how good he is but he's been on our books for ages now, and you'd think he'd have progressed a fair bit since the Palermo game having played a good bit of regular football. Like i say, really don't know what stage he is at but i'd like to think he'd be in with a shout of giving Harper a fight this season. Stevey H really doesn't fill me with confidence if i'm honest...

Fwiw i doubt there's much in this rumour. Very predictable. Young player, good potential, foreign = linked with Arsenal. We've seen it a million times before; he'll probably stay.

Beardsley went in goal for us did he. Explains why a few people shouted for him to replace Pav when he got sent off at Filbert Street in 94  :lol:

he was in goal for part of the 0-8 at west ham.  chris hedworth was next and i think martin thomas were the other.

the quiz question was which player scored a hat trick against 3 keepers in one game. (alvin martin)

Guest Geordiesned

I think that the majority of us expect us to lose the likes of Martins, Beye, Bassong and possibly Taylor. But if we start selling fringe players like Krul and Carroll who West Ham have been linked with we'll be in even more of a mess.

Guest Phil K

Harper is clearly a better prospect than Krul man, in the short term

If thats so, then I am a better propect than "Me Me Me" Michael Owen as replacement for Ronaldo at Man U

Two points:

1) There is absolutely no surprise that Arsenal might be showing an interest in Tim Krul and NOT Harper

2) Arsenal do things right, we always do things wrong.

Although Arsenal are a class club, it seems Krul has a shout at pushing Harper out of team soon, his creaking bones can't go on forever. If that's the case he might be better off getting a prolonged first team spell. Wishful thinking maybe... I know if Arsenal came in for me I would be off like a shot.

Although Arsenal are a class club, it seems Krul has a shout at pushing Harper out of team soon, his creaking bones can't go on forever. If that's the case he might be better off getting a prolonged first team spell. Wishful thinking maybe... I know if Arsenal came in for me I would be off like a shot.

Especially since Arsenal have had trouble finding a number 1 they are happy with since Seaman retired. There's a great opportunity to be a no 1 at a proper club instead of no 2 to a no 2 at newcastle.

Two points:

1) There is absolutely no surprise that Arsenal might be showing an interest in Tim Krul and NOT Harper

2) Arsenal do things right, we always do things wrong.

Good keeper in the making.

He hardly pulled up trees in league one or the SPL. Harper is fine for next season.

Bloke from uni who's a carlisle fan said he was the best keeper they've ever had. Now I'm sure there isn't a great deal of competition (apart from Jimmy Glass) but that's hardly 'not pulling up trees'.

Guest Heneage

Didn't he get numerous MOM's at both clubs? It's probably harder for a keeper to appear great when compared to say a striker who can show off goals record.

He hardly pulled up trees in league one or the SPL. Harper is fine for next season.

People said he was good for Falkirk. Just had a shit defence in front of him so conceeded a few. The one game that I saw him against Celtic they conceeded 5 or 6 but he was also their MOM.

People said he was good for Falkirk. Just had a s*** defence in front of him so conceeded a few. The one game that I saw him against Celtic they conceeded 5 or 6 but he was also their MOM.

Very Givenesque.