The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Bocanegra once again fails. I have no idea how he gets picked for the US or Fulham. Terrible.

And Ching? C'mon Bradley WTF? A small, short-passer of the ball that lacks a physical presence... against Mexico?

And yeah, the ref was always going to be sh!t scared and biased... such is football in North America. The US will just have to beat Mexico again at the WC.

Bocanegra once again fails. I have no idea how he gets picked for the US or Fulham. Terrible.

And Ching? C'mon Bradley WTF? A small, short-passer of the ball that lacks a physical presence... against Mexico?

And yeah, the ref was always going to be sh!t scared and biased... such is football in North America. The US will just have to beat Mexico again at the WC.

Bocanegra plays for Rennes these days and he's always looked serviceable and solid to me. Nothing speical however, and I'm not sure I'd want the boy in the big matches against the top players.

Chuckle all you want but we're a better team when he's in there. He's been massive for us over the years and still has a huge part to play. Give me him over Lampard, Barry, SWP, Lennon and all those other shower of overrated c***s anyday.

:thup:

Last few times I've seen England lately Beckham's easily been the best player on the pitch.

He's always looking the ball and making things happen, where as players like Lampard and Gerrard reamin mediocre at international level.

What is this international level nonsense? If players can do it in the premiership they'll generally be able to do it anywhere, given the poor standard of players in the majority international teams.

There's a reason why Beckham plays for a mickey mouse team in a mickey mouse league and Gerrard and Lampard are the main men for two of europe's best.

And how fucking dare anyone call Lampard mediocre compared to Beckham at int. level. Lampard's contribution during euro 2004 and qualifying for WC 2006 stands well above any other England player and Beckham hasn't managed a comparable contribution in 12 years.

Typical non-english rubbish, from the type of the guy who watches games with one eye on history and the other on heat magazine. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Typical non-english rubbish, from the type of the guy who watches games with one eye on history and the other on heat magazine. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Nah, both my eyes are always glued to Becks the whole match.  He's just so sexy.

Then again you think Drogba is the world's best striker so kinda hard to take your opinion seriously.

Nah, both my eyes are always glued to Becks the whole match.  He's just so sexy.

Then again you think Drogba is the world's best striker so kinda hard to take your opinion seriously.

Speaking as a neutral arbiter....I'd say Drogba is closer to being the world's best striker than Beckham is to being easily England's best player in the last few games. I take his opinion more seriously than yours.

No one said "easily" but in the last few England matches, Beckham has been one of the better performers.  It's not even up for debate.

The Drogba thing was just a sly dig, he did however, only manage 5 goals from 24 matches last season tho, so if he's near the best in the world I'm gonna take up professional football.

Guest Heneage

Seemed to do more than Ashley Young.  And he tries. It's embarrassing watching Barry and Ferdinand amble round like it's a kick about, there seems to be no pride in the national team anymore. I remember the days when getting an England call up was considered highlight of some players careers.

Seemed to do more than Ashley Young.  And he tries. It's embarrassing watching Barry and Ferdinand amble round like it's a kick about, there seems to be no pride in the national team anymore. I remember the days when getting an England call up was considered highlight of some players careers.

You do? :lol:

Guest Heneage

You do? :lol:

I'm 60. :lol:

But you know what I mean? When even friendlies got a decent reaction, now it just seems like players go through motions and don't even use it as a way to try and impress to gain a first team place.

No one said "easily" but in the last few England matches, Beckham has been one of the better performers.  It's not even up for debate.

The Drogba thing was just a sly dig, he did however, only manage 5 goals from 24 matches last season tho, so if he's near the best in the world I'm gonna take up professional football.

Well i've acknowledge that he had a bad season last time round. 2 bad injuries and poor form saw to that. Baring that in mind 5 goals in 15 league starts isn't that bad for a players who gives as much to the team as Drogba.

Very convenient that you leave out the champions league and cup stats though which probably amount to 1 in 2 or better.

Drogba imo is the best all round striker in the world, he has everything and will prove it this season.

He's been involved with just about everything England have done since he came on - Jonas should watch and learn from the way Milner gets involved, beats his man, whips a decent early cross in or gets to the byline and cuts it back.

Tbf he rarely done that for us.

He's been involved with just about everything England have done since he came on - Jonas should watch and learn from the way Milner gets involved, beats his man, whips a decent early cross in or gets to the byline and cuts it back.

Tbf he rarely done that for us.

Not strictly true. He got to the byline about three times in one segment of play. Couldn't manage the whipping of a cross, however.

Just 3 seasons ago, Luton were in the Championship (2nd tier of English football), Gateshead were in the Unibond League (7th tier of English football). Tomorrow they meet for a league match. :lol:

I wouldn't laugh, some fucker will bump this the day before our match with Gateshead in a couple of years.

Just 3 seasons ago, Luton were in the Championship (2nd tier of English football), Gateshead were in the Unibond League (7th tier of English football). Tomorrow they meet for a league match. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: