The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

:celb: :celb: :celb:  Chopra's 5th....   so will miss the game against us (Swansea) next week  :frantic: :frantic:

Do they not still have this 7 day rule on bans for yellows which would mean he would miss the Derby game?

:celb: :celb: :celb:  Chopra's 5th....   so will miss the game against us (Swansea) next week  :frantic: :frantic:

Do they not still have this 7 day rule on bans for yellows which would mean he would miss the Derby game?

7 day rule changed this year, so starts straight away.

A point tomorrow takes us second on goal difference, a win sees up top by a point.

A win will put us two points clear at the top.

Does it? Fair enough, my brain is clearly addled from too much shit food. :D

A point tomorrow takes us second on goal difference, a win sees up top by a point.

A win will put us two points clear at the top.

Does it? Fair enough, my brain is clearly addled from too much s*** food. :D

We're on 27 points now, level with Cardiff who are in 2nd on goal difference, West Brom are top on 28 so a win will take us to 30.

It might just be the Championship and we might be a total shambles of a football club, but there is some small pleasure in the act of checking how many points we are off the top positions instead of like last year

Just a question, who else does think that red cards should be really really used much more sparingly, and maybe institute some other kind of penalty? As a neutral observer, it just seems to me sometimes that a red card can kill exciting games. I'd rather give penalties for professional fouls or double yellows for example, and keep the game 11v11. That way the side trangressing the rules gets a heavy punishment (conceding a goal 90% of the time), but the game is still alive. Of course, excessively violent play or extreme unsporting behavior would still be fair game for a straight red.

Just a question, who else does think that red cards should be really really used much more sparingly, and maybe institute some other kind of penalty? As a neutral observer, it just seems to me sometimes that a red card can kill exciting games. I'd rather give penalties for professional fouls or double yellows for example, and keep the game 11v11. That way the side trangressing the rules gets a heavy punishment (conceding a goal 90% of the time), but the game is still alive. Of course, excessively violent play or extreme unsporting behavior would still be fair game.

i'm the other way. the only way the players will understand the rules is by punishing then that way. it worked with the tackle from behind and the hand ball to stop a goal.. we need players to recognise tht refereeing is getting tronger within the 90mins not more wishy washy.

It dawned on my simple brain a couple of hours ago that i've watched 5 live games of football games today, which could be a record. Me and a couple of housemates have sat through the Inter game, Man City, Cardiff second half, Sporting Gijon and finally the LA Galaxay playoff against Chivas USA.  :nope:

Utter joke that Ireland wasn't on in the first place really.

Barry and De Jong in midfield look incredibly one-paced, which is the same problem we had with Barry and Petrov there.

Ireland is a quality player, I agree with you

Barry wont function at the same level he did at Villa in a team consisting of Tevez, Bellamy and SWP. He wont see the ball enough and he doesn't have a disciplined enough forward line to distribute to. Not to mention that they all like to sit deep.

Just a question, who else does think that red cards should be really really used much more sparingly, and maybe institute some other kind of penalty? As a neutral observer, it just seems to me sometimes that a red card can kill exciting games. I'd rather give penalties for professional fouls or double yellows for example, and keep the game 11v11. That way the side trangressing the rules gets a heavy punishment (conceding a goal 90% of the time), but the game is still alive. Of course, excessively violent play or extreme unsporting behavior would still be fair game for a straight red.

In principle I wouldn't mind a penalty but no red card for a 'professional foul' wherever it occurs on the pitch.

Barry has had a fair few poor games for City, he was shite at Old Trafford (despite his goal), not that great against Villa and he was poor yesterday as well.

Against us he was booed every time he touched the ball, and it definitely got to him, he was poor.

Yesterday against Blues they (surprisingly) did the same thing, but it had the same effect

Still, I've been saying on here for about three years now that Barry goes missing for weeks / months on end.