Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't say I'd be surprised in the slightest if they sold him like.

After that, it's just Routledge and Enrique and we've finished our round of player sales for the Summer. Out goes all those silly people wanting contract extensions and we can start looking to January and who we're going to fob off then.

At least we've reduced that massive debt that seems to grow despite us spending no money. Money ftw :fwap:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:facepalm:

Was that for me?

Nope, at the whole situation in general and twitter. Though you can have it if you want it.

I can see what you're saying Ian, he's obviously a self-obsessed attention seeker with the stability of a bucking bronco, we've all known that for some time but it seems to be part of the bigger problem which has unearthed itself over the past month. The unrest in the camp is palpable even if it is only caused by Jose, Barton and Routledge, I stress even, and things aren't going to settle down until Jose and Barton go. This means losing two of our best players for relatively low fees as they're in their last year here. I just don't see us replacing them with anyone that comes close. It just feels like another implosion is brewing when a month back with Cabaye arriving, that day when we woke up shocked to find out Marveaux had signed, we all thought things were turning around. There was a proper sense of optimism then and now it's fading fast

Yeah, I basically agree about unfortunate (possible) departures of Barton and Enrique. Their replacements may well not be as good.

I still think our prospects for the season are decent... the extreme negativity is more to do with the timing of events IMO.

Agree completely. However, you're just wasting your breath.

Guest neesy111

After that, it's just Routledge and Enrique and we've finished our round of player sales for the Summer. Out goes all those silly people wanting contract extensions and we can start looking to January and who we're going to fob off then.

At least we've reduced that massive debt that seems to grow despite us spending no money. Money ftw :fwap:

:harry:

I'll never understand you kids and your money wanks. :icon_scratch:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

#NUFC had lined up Tranquilo Barnetta as Joey Barton's replacement if he left. Could movement there have prompted Joey's ire?

:fwap:

Barton is better. Plus we have no money to spend, and we will not get Barnetta for the same price as Barton will fetch.

Guest neesy111

I will not be sad to see Barton go, it's just one crisis to another while he is at NUFC with most of it laying at his door.  He was great last season but I can't defend his behaviour on twitter in the last few months.

The whole situation just plays into his agents hands who is the biggest cunt in all of this.  Willie McKay.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

#NUFC had lined up Tranquilo Barnetta as Joey Barton's replacement if he left. Could movement there have prompted Joey's ire?

:fwap:

Barton is better. Plus we have no money to spend, and we will not get Barnetta for the same price as Barton will fetch.

1) Barton is not better

2) Barton is a cunt

3) Barnetta is younger

4) Barnetta will be on less wages, meaning that the transfer fee will get subsidised by what we're saving

Whatever does happen, I'm sick of this twat. He says some funny things, he has some common charm but all he's done is create massive unrest.

And all for the very reasonable price of £65k per week.

I'm gonna go with that he has submitted a transfer request and the club have accepted, so he will be off in the next week or two. Not like it was unexpected, given that he was never going to get a new deal anyway. Ashley and Llambias must be laughing their tits off, especially given the amount of fans that have turned on Barton. For the record, I was one of those who wanted him sacked when he got sent to jail, but the lad turned it around and put in a very good campaign last season. NUFC will be a lot poorer without him, IMO.  And in the meantime, the owner continues to laugh all of the way to the bank.

Oh and if he goes, we are again down another body. And in the meantime, Pardew is hoping to bring in 'one' new face. Fucking wonderful because we will now have a weaker squad in terms of numbers than the one that started last season. We are fucked as things stand - it's as simple as that.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

I wanted him sacked too btw.

Yup   :sadnod:

It is rather amusing that the majority on here idolised him last season despite him being a convicted criminal and general anus, however, as soon as he produces a few nasty tweets directed at the owners, who have constantly shit all over the club, the man is the human realisation of satin.

Barnetta in Barton out MAY be best in the end let Joey be some other clubs problem, he has not been that effective for us since Carroll was sold and if we get cash now rather than nothing next summer.

Sorry but he is becoming a pain in the arse.

Nolan found a good deal elsewhere, and Barton may too, but it doesn't mean either deserved one here.

All the twitter stuff is just proving he's a mong. While its clear from the Keegan case that the club management are arses, it doesn't need to be brought up at every opportunity or used to justify every player getting their dream contract. Not least when the majority of goals or assists they achieved were with Carroll.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Whatever the announcement is, the club know about it. It's not Joey going rogue again... #nufc

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

VERY interesting, the club is sick to death of twitter, why let Joey use it to make an announcement ?