Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is bigger news than it's being made out to be if you ask me.  He's really kept his head above water in the three hardest fixtures we've had this season - one of the players to come out with their heads high.  He will be a big miss, especially if he's not back come January.

Guest elbee909

Does anyone proof read that garbage?  It's amateur hour, might as well be some shitty blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, he was completely wasted out wide and lead to him being routinely criticised on here even though it was clear as day he was our best central midfielder. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the wing in the Prem. Midfield 3 maybe, but that would involve changing to a different system - not gonna happen under Pardy.

Nah, he was completely wasted out wide and lead to him being routinely criticised on here even though it was clear as day he was our best central midfielder. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the wing in the Prem. Midfield 3 maybe, but that would involve changing to a different system - not gonna happen under Pardy.

That's not the be-all-and-end-all you know, most people don't give a fuck what people on this forum think.

I'd have him in the side ahead of Obertan any day of the week, don't see why he couldn't do a vaguely similar job to what Barton did last year, certainly not likely to be any worse than Obertan's been this year. 

And I do think he did a decent job out there for us in the Championship season, most people on this forum thought he was fucking dogshite in general before he had a few decent games for us not long back.

Btw he played the majority of first half of the Championship season on the right for us (Nolan and Smith central) and did alright, although we were clearly better when Danny moved inside and Routledge came in on the right.

Was thinking the same. If Obertan is the alternative (He's never going to play Ben Arfa there) then I would much prefer Guthrie playing out there whipping in some sort of supply for Ba.

Was so frustrating seeing Ba get absolutely zero service most of tonight and then when we finally did feed him he was inches from scoring.

When you have effectively one of if not THE most inform striker in the league then you attack people and try and get the ball into him as much as possible not pump 60 yard balls up to him with absolutely no support.

Echoes of Viana, decent player, wrong system. Might do well elsewhere, in Guthrie's case maybe even abroad where he can get some time on the ball.

That's not the be-all-and-end-all you know, most people don't give a fuck what people on this forum think.

I'd have him in the side ahead of Obertan any day of the week, don't see why he couldn't do a vaguely similar job to what Barton did last year, certainly not likely to be any worse than Obertan's been this year. 

And I do think he did a decent job out there for us in the Championship season, most people on this forum thought he was fucking dogshite in general before he had a few decent games for us not long back.

I just don't rate him as a wide player at all. Barton did a job there because it's his best position.

I just don't rate him as a wide player at all. Barton did a job there because it's his best position.

He's worth a go in Obertan's place if Pardew's intent on playing 442 imo, would be daft to have him on the bench if he's fully fit.

Dunno when he's due back though, will probably end up coming in for Tiote when he's off to ACN.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Far too revolutionary for Pardew but I'd also like to see a trio of Tiote, Cabaye and Guthrie with Jonas and Ben Arfa off Ba.

I miss Danny. When is he due back?

February according to The Journal or The Chronicle a few weeks ago. It was the last sentence in a story unrelated to Guthrie. I remember thinking at the time that it is unfortunate he's out that long being that he was to be Tiote's cover.

I would have been happy to give Guthrie a new contract but he does seem to get a lot of injuries.