Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've only really heard what Man U fans have had to say about him. They all keep saying Carrick's been the best English centre mid (sometimes they even miss the English bit out :suicide:) for months though, so I really don't trust them. 

Random thought but considering their contracts would a Guthrie for Diame swap be realistic? Looking at Senegal right now and think Diame would love to come here and play with the Dembas while Guthrie would love to play week in week out.  Not sure Wigan would do it, but throw Perch in that deal. (if we get a new CB)

I disagree.  In other games when he's covered for Tiote/Yohan, he's always dragging it at the end.  Hands on his head all the time, poor passing, bad decision making, etc.  For me, it's clearly a stamina issue. If you went back and looked at the games where he's played 90 for us, you'd see it.

He was overhitting and missing his passes in the first half, remember the break we had where he drilled it 10 yards ahead of HBA who was level with him...was that stamina?

No, but if you look at the Chelsea match and Everton match (as 2 that I can remember) he was looking very knackered after 70 minutes or so. 

He is looking leaner and fitter to me nowadays so he has improved but yes I agree he has suffered from this problem in the past.

Best and Ameobi on on the other hand need to improve massively in this area. The latter is a joke of an pro footballer/athlete on recent showings.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Don't think you can tar best with the shola brush! He works really hard and runs his arse off, he's just not tremendously technically gifted. There's a reason why his nickname is 'beast'!

• 2 weeks later...