Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barring some ailment we don't know about, fitness should be something easy for him to improve on. With the right trainer and regimen he really shouldn't have any problems going 90.

I agree, it should be easy. But if it was easy then surely he wouldn't show signs of tiredness as regularly as he does. At 25, he's had a good period of time to improve on it. Our fitness/endurance/conditioning training can't be too bad, or we'd have more players looking exhausted halfway through the second half. I think it's just him.

Would be interesting to see his stats to see how far he runs on the pitch during an average game. Maybe he covers loads of ground, or offers up more sprints than others. Could be a contributing factor I guess, but I don't think he particularly chases down balls or players more than anyone else.

Left for the right reasons and has made a good choice of club good luck to him.

Although his fitness is a known issue it had improved last season as Pardew got those muscles off him and made him lighter and leaner.

My advice to Reading would be don't bulk him up and you have a very handy player.

Guest SweMatt

He's a decent Premier League player and always gave 100% when playing for us. Still a long way from a starting eleven in my NUFC team. Good luck to him.

Left for the right reasons and has made a good choice of club good luck to him.

Although his fitness is a known issue it had improved last season as Pardew got those muscles off him and made him lighter and leaner.

My advice to Reading would be don't bulk him up and you have a very handy player.

Not sure it was muscle tbh :lol: He did get leaner though and it helped him a lot.

I would've liked us to keep him as a squad player but if he wanted to leave for first team football then fair play to him. I think Reading will probably be a decent club for him as well.

Thought he was s*** tbh, no engine, did well in championship probably his level

ok then :lol:

I know reading are in pl but he will prob end up in championship, just one of those players that is not consistent enough for this level

Massive fan of Guthrie. Great little player on the ball.

His problem has always been his engine, he just can't get across the pitch like the top level footballer and it holds him back. He may have got away with it in Spain but not in the premiership, where the ball is flying over your head every other second.

For a club like Reading he can be a major asset, whether they are in the premiership or the championship.

Guthrie certainly wasn't shit last season. When he was called on to replace Tiote or Cabaye in the team last season he did a great job. He was unlucky to get dropped when Tiote/Cabaye returned (another reason why he is leaving no doubt). As a third choice CM he was fine. I guess Gosling is taking that role now. Gosling hasn't impressed me yet.

I'm seriously worried about Goslings ability TBF. He doesn't seem to posses any of the technical skills that we are trying to implement into our team. In fact he seems a Nolan type.

I suppose we should give Pardew and co the benefit of the doubt.

I'm seriously worried about Goslings ability TBF. He doesn't seem to posses any of the technical skills that we are trying to implement into our team. In fact he seems a Nolan type.

I suppose we should give Pardew and co the benefit of the doubt.

He looks shit but i'm not too worried tbh. Vuckic, Abeid and probably Amalfitano are all ahead of him i'd imagine. He wasn't Pardew's signing and i don't think Pardew really likes the look of him, if his minimal contribution last season was anything to go by. Norwich was probably the death of him here.

I disagree, I think Pardew does like him. He's given him quite a few cameo's from the bench, where as Vuckic etc have had few.

I don't think he will leave, therefore I presume Pardew has a plan for him.

Gosling never showed anything particularly great for us, no standout attribute. I'd suggest he needs to improve a lot if he's going to be of any real use to you. I guess he's versatile and works hard, but that's hardly anything.

Guthrie seems a better player than him in that CM role.

Guest firetotheworks

Mint signing for Reading if he continues his good form. Good luck to him. His right foot is a wand when he trusts it.